Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cradle of Rome 2

[Post New]by gamergoon on Jan 6, 11 11:01 PM
It's a fresh change from all the HOG's on BFG. I really enjoyed it!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 8, 11 4:29 AM
Much prefer it to the first one, really colourful, lovely graphics and...YOU CAN BUY TIME !!!! Never finished the last level of the first one, lost all my lives, one after the other. I'm in the last level in this one too and without the extra time I surely would be stuck like in the first one. Great game, love it .

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 10, 11 6:27 PM
great game, and i like the 2 bonus games. well worth the money

[Post New]by 50plusgamer on Jan 23, 11 12:42 PM
I bought this and enjoyed going through the levels. However a word of warning about the "Blitz" game In so called "easy mode" the best I ever managed was 97 and every time I try again I can't get past about level 85. I haven't even attempted the more difficutl modes!

[Post New]by nm1274 on Jan 24, 11 3:54 PM
Okay, I must be doing something wrong because when I try to play the game it's totally different looking than the original. Everything is covered up in gold, so not only can I not see a lot of the game pieces but I can't even read the tutorial. This is very aggravating. Needless to say, I am very frustrated since I love Match 3 games. This is one game I probably won't be recommending to anyone

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 25, 11 4:39 AM
nm1274 wrote:Okay, I must be doing something wrong because when I try to play the game it's totally different looking than the original. Everything is covered up in gold, so not only can I not see a lot of the game pieces but I can't even read the tutorial. This is very aggravating. Needless to say, I am very frustrated since I love Match 3 games. This is one game I probably won't be recommending to anyone

This post belongs in the technical difficulties topic.

Not really impressed

[Post New]by Dancing_Angel on Feb 27, 11 2:07 PM
I liked this enough to buy it after the demo, but, now that I'm finished, I'd rate it as a solid "meh."

It has a huge upside, in that it allows you to buy time, and thus lose fewer (or no lives). I like that a lot better than the original COR. It's also nice to know what you need to do to get a citizen.

Not a bit fan of either the skull or ice obstacles. I especially didn't like the power-ups not working on the ice obstacles. Also, the mini-games were simplistic and didn't contribute to the game success in any way, other than increasing the point total.

Towards the end, I started to get really bored - I either had to strategically replay various levels to get the right power-ups, or I had to keep buying more and more time, and that was just annoying. Having to play a single board for 10-20 minutes or 2-3 times just to get rid of a single tile is dull to me.

My favorite Match 3 game is Cradle of Persia - I really liked the "bonus rounds," the various citizens and the bonuses were quite easy to understand. I probably wouldn't buy COR2 again, knowing what I know now.

wcsp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by wcsp on Feb 28, 11 10:56 AM
CasualGran wrote:Yes, I agree with all the others: this game is TIMED, so no buy! Why is it that devs forget about us players liking to clear the boards without having to rush! Why, oh why? I really can't see the point of leaving out an untimed option. It would provide them with so much more customers. I, for one, would certainly have bought Cradle of Rome 1 and this beautiful sequel if it would've been untimed.

This is one unhappy fishie not to beimg able to play this game...

Bigfish should let the game creators know that some of us will not purchase a match 3 game with out an untimed option, my self included!!

October7
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by October7 on Mar 17, 11 12:44 AM
Well I bought the game thinking the timer would not be an issue for me, wrong. The higher levels are a bit more difficult and being older with less agility than younger ones I also find it a bit difficult to beat the timer and I have to buy more time. I love M3 games but would have liked this one more if there had have been a relaxed mode on it. The levels that you have to break the ice or break the chains take some time to get three above them to break them. So I run out of time. The only thing I have learnt to do is to get the bonuses quickly to use them to help out but of course the bomb won't break the ice tiles. I will persevere and hope I get through the higher and more difficult levels. good luck

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Apr 10, 11 11:53 AM
just finished cradle of rome 2 TWICE...loved it.. much better than Cradle of Rome 1 which i could not complete for the life of me.. bring on Cradle 3!!!

[Post New]by crypticdragon on Apr 30, 11 4:10 AM
I am extremely addicted to both Cradle of Rome games....I have played each all the way to the end several times. My problem is that no other match three game seems to hold a candle to these....anyone have ideas for comparable games? I've tried quite a few but haven't found any that I crave like this one. I'd love to hear your suggestions!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on May 14, 11 11:33 AM
I did it !! I am the Emperor now I have to get a fountian

Sorrybut
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sorrybut on May 16, 11 5:15 AM
crypticdragon: Have you tried the jewel quest series? Heritage is number one, and if you like easy, there's always the "emerald tear".

Actually, I just wanted to say the these cradle of thingies are indeed done nicely. As in almost as nice as Jewel Quest ;-).
I've done Persia, Rome 1 and am at Rome 2 at the moment. 2 is indeed easier than one. Much prettier, though.

Thanks, and well done to the authors!

[Post New]by lwissbro on Jun 29, 11 5:32 PM
I have to agree with jlemley ... the first cradle of rome was terrific and very challenging. Cradle of Rome 2 is to easy and the play area was smaller. Was slightly dissapointed. Maybe there will be a Cradle of Persia 2 that will be more challenging

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 17, 11 3:09 PM
Slightly surprised that so many feel COR2 is too easy...I just finished it and it gets really hard in the second half. Can see a lot of fishies getting pretty annoyed with it if they are not agile M3 players. Otherwise, I liked the new graphics and improvements on the original game's music, as well as the fireball and super arrow powerups. The minigames seemed like a ploy to draw the game out a little longer and didn't contribute much to the overall gameplay except for getting that extra trophy in the case.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 9, 11 10:49 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by jono36 on Nov 2, 11 3:35 AM
The demo is ok on OS10.6.8 but the bought download will not open and no help from the big fish tech???????????

[Post New]by jono36 on Nov 10, 11 6:23 AM
Its a good game and as has been remarked the graphics are excellent B U T THAT ***** TIMER . Please can we have a patch or update that will give an option to disable the timer. PLEASE will some human read this!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by jersey714 on Dec 28, 11 10:24 AM
hannah57 wrote:I actually bought this game awhile ago from another site. It seems you can't lose unless your as slow as a turtle. I find there is no challenge with this game. The first one was impossible to finish, I finally stopped trying and deleted it. BUT you should try this one because you really never do seem to run out of time.

Cradle of Rome was difficult for me; took me weeks and weeks to finish. COR 2 is SO much easier that I was disappointed. Up to level 92 with 22 lives; no challenge really. Time is very generous so for those of you who don't like timed games, don't be afraid to try this one. It's much, much easier than the original.

[Post New]by citygirlretired on Feb 12, 12 2:40 PM
I get pretty tired of the match 3 as only options ... and the timer part is taxing - not fun ro play when it gets stressful .. stuck at level 68 and considering dumping the game - A RELAXED MODE WOULD BE MORE FUN ........
DOES ANYONE READ THIS STUFF???
The graphics are really nice, the tools are too infrequent to be really useful, especially when you can only get one at a time.

Go to: