Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Awakening: Moonfell Wood

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Dec 26, 10 12:37 PM
Barbee try awakening: the dreamless castle. It's the first game in this series. I liked it a lot. It sounds as though you would also like the dream chronicles series. It has a similar look and feel.

There has been a misconception that moonfell wood is a short game. I just finished and my time was 6 hours and 57 minutes. I think the only way someone could finish it in less than 2 hours is to follow the walkthrough step by step and what fun is that.

I enjoyed this game as much as the first and they left it open for another sequel.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 12:41:50 PM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 26, 10 1:00 PM
spiritdog51 wrote:It is charming and sweet, but a bit toooooo much. Lots and lots of puzzles, I think I only had 3 **** scenes in my hour, but lots of puzzles.

It is a fine game for those who want sweetness and light, so I hope it pleases many of you.
Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!!!!!

I think we could all use more sweetness and light in our lives.

I was out of town for a couple of days and was pleasantly surprised when I got back to find this game. Based on everyones reviews am downloading as we speak. Happy belated Christmas to all.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Dec 26, 10 1:44 PM
Reposting game review here since it is now stickied:

Awakening: Moonfell Wood fullfils the expectations of a gorgeous sequel to The Dreamless Castle. The graphics are exquisite and the storyline highly imaginative and well developed. There are two modes of play, Normal and Casual, with Normal being the harder of the two, so far as wait time for hint recharge and journal updating. However, there is quite a bit of hand holding throughout the game which disappointed me tredmendously, as this was not the case in Dreamless Castle. You can opt out of using the custom cursor.

My other disappointment with the game was with the redundant searches for beads, objects on cards and yet another game (Tri-peaks this time, Goblin-jong last time) thrown in for good measure. The puzzles aren't difficult and that's not a bad thing, it's just that when there's one to solve every three or four feet, you start to lose your train of thought with the storyline and the quests that are a natural part of progressing in the game. There is a limit to the number of similar puzzles a mind can take.

All in all, I did enjoy the game, even though I found myself sighing deeply about every five minutes. Using no hints and no skips, no walkthrough, on normal setting, I finished the game in 5.25 hours.

Overall Rating - four out of five stars.

eta - after talking with developer, I edited my remarks re: time padding. Developer has a fondness for the mini-games that dominate. And in all honesty, it's difficult to fault that. It's honest and genuine.

Edited on 12/27/2010 at 11:10:59 AM PST

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Dec 26, 10 2:28 PM
I seem to be the minority but I don't like this game at all! Too much time spent wondering what the heck to do next. It's pretty, no doubt, but nonsensical and a tad to juvenile for an old fart like me I guess. Enjoy everyone!!!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 26, 10 2:39 PM
Perfect game . Not too many HOG scenes, and all are uncluttered and clear. Heaps of puzzles, charming characters, beautiful graphics and peaceful - happy - tasteful music. Took me 9 hours with no tutorial or hints and totally glitch free!! Thanks developers and for an awesome Christmas present.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Dec 26, 10 3:13 PM
Really enjoyed this game. It took about 3 1/4 hours to play and that included skipping the slide puzzles - don't like those. The other puzzles, scenery, story and general game were good. Well worth the cost of the game. I also enjoyed the fact that the tri peaks game could be played alone once finishing. Very lovely.

bruggeman
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by bruggeman on Dec 26, 10 3:24 PM
I also recieved access violation after 10 minutes playing demo. Can I start again? as the game looks like one I would like.

[Post New]by jsj4real on Dec 26, 10 3:26 PM
I TOO AM A NEW FISH IN THIS LARGE POND HOWEVER I HAVE READ YOUR COMMENTS FAITHFULLY. VERY HELPFUL! THANK YOU. I LOVE THIS GAME BUT EXPERIENCED TECHNICAL PROBLEMS. WANT TO BUY DESPERATELY BUT AFRAID WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY IT. I AM RUNNING ON WINDOWS XP BUT ENCOUNTER ERROR MESSAGES AND COMPUTER FROZE. ABLE TO RESUME PLAY WHEN RESTARTED DEMO, I LIKE THE GAME SO MUCH I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ANY SUGGESTIONS? I AM STILL WAITING ON A NEW AND IMPROVED KING ARTHUR. SORRY I TEND TO BE TOO WORDY!

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Dec 26, 10 4:41 PM
Thank you to BFG, Boom Zap, developers and designers for this wonderful fairytale game! It is light and cheerful, a great storyline, intriguing and fun to play. Objects are easy to fine - just enough thinking to the puzzles to make them challenging. Great for adults and children.

The graphics are awesomely beautiful and the little things like the rippling of the water, waterfalls, fairies, gnomes, and the adorable pocket dragon make it enchanting to play! It is a long game - so far over 4 hours of play and we are not finished! Haven't had to skip a puzzle or use the walkthrough.

Please develop more games of this caliber.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 26, 10 4:54 PM
I second the motion!!! It's been ages since I've enjoyed a game so much. This is a light adventure with just a touch of HOG... not one after another. There are more puzzles and I love it. I loved every puzzle and lo and behold I could actually solve them. Even the slider! Just like Goldilocks... it's "just right!"

I also don't think it is a short game. I've played about 2 hours nows and have almost reached half way. I don't play it all at one sitting but about 30 -40 min and then I come back later for more. When I find a game I like I hate to have it over with... so I don't play it all at once sitting. I looked at the WT and I still have a long ways to go. YAY!

Yes, developers.... More light adventure of the fiction type with fewer HOG scenes and more puzzles.

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Dec 26, 10 6:07 PM
Re: windowed mode- I've found if I move my resolution to the lowest point before I play the games, they are full, wide screen. This game was a buy for me. I love anything fantasy, and with the good graphics and challenging (but not too challenging) puzzles I made up my mind before I even finished the demo. Thanks BF for a nice game for Christmas.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 26, 10 6:47 PM
BabyNurse123 wrote:I seem to be the minority but I don't like this game at all! Too much time spent wondering what the heck to do next. It's pretty, no doubt, but nonsensical and a tad to juvenile for an old fart like me I guess. Enjoy everyone!!!

Aw go ahead, let you hair down, even old farts should have fun once in a while.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 6:48:44 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 26, 10 7:05 PM
tyyllls wrote:Re: windowed mode- I've found if I move my resolution to the lowest point before I play the games, they are full, wide screen. This game was a buy for me. I love anything fantasy, and with the good graphics and challenging (but not too challenging) puzzles I made up my mind before I even finished the demo. Thanks BF for a nice game for Christmas.

About what setting do you put it on? I hate to mess up my display for everything else I do on the computer but I really would like to see the game in full screen. this is the only game that appears like that.

Edited on 12/26/2010 at 7:06:03 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 27, 10 3:08 AM
This game might not be for everyone, there are a lot of jigsaw-type puzzles in it (which I personally love doing.) I've been playing this off and on for two days and it just keeps going and going and...it's well worth the money. I don't mind the searches for beads, etc; it actually makes sense to me that fairies would be playing little tricks like that, the same with the goblin card game. The Fey are inscrutable.

NICNACNOO78
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by NICNACNOO78 on Dec 27, 10 5:14 AM
Love this game - sooo glad - how cute!!!
Oh...PEGLEGANN...Seems like it's been a stressful christmas for you, you missed the 'i' out on your post!! I'm ALWAYS doing it!!!

sno13wy
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by sno13wy on Dec 27, 10 7:25 AM
I loved this game! Fell in love with the little dragon....Fun Fun Fun
Happy Christmas everyone...and a Happy New Year too.

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Dec 27, 10 7:35 AM
I want a pocket dragon, they seem quite handy...

I enjoyed the length of this game, that the steps needed to proceed to the next level were fairly intuitive and I didn't need the walk-through. That said, I have had my fill of "click-and-rotate-and-swap" puzzles for a lifetime!

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Dec 27, 10 1:56 PM
This seems to be a nice game however, when I play in full screen mode on my 15.4" wide screen laptop, the graphics are very pixalated. I tried going to non full screen but although the graphics are nice, it's just too small. I'll have to pass on this one.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 27, 10 2:47 PM
HoudiniCats wrote:Don't get me wrong: I have absolutely no quibble with fairy themes--in fact, a good friend of mine gave me (count 'em) three fairy figurines as a Christmas gift today.

But this struck me as so saccharine...a kind of "Dream Chronicles" wannabe (but not so well done or as engaging) that I just can't bring myself to even finish the demo.

Many games are steeped in fairy tale lore (which I believe is one of the most difficult 'moods' to capture) but this isn't grabbing me. The voices, the tone established from the beginning, the mandates (goals) are not riveting, not strong enough to make me want to play.

Take a game like Drawn: Dark Flight...within 10 minutes I KNEW I was hooked and didn't mind a bit that it was pricier because it was a CE.

For those who just want to play and are not overly concerned with this kind of thing, or overly persnickety (or insistent about detail like the twin feline gamseters, Harry and Theo Houdini) it will probably be a lot of fun, but it just doesn't work for me.

Happy Holidays!

We're not all sophisticated players.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 27, 10 3:06 PM
Fantastic ihog! I have highly enjoyed part 1 of Awakening and this game is also good. Of course a buy for me

Go to: