sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tamara the 13th

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 28, 10 3:34 PM
For those of you who are anxiously awaiting a great game from Big Fish to while away the Christmas vacation, this isn't it! Here is the summary of what looked like a promising game. (a) Boring (b) terrible graphics tiny little item to search for horrible story line with very few puzzles. I thought this game was going to have a lot of minipuzzles. Guess not! Same boring screen after screen of miniscule items to locate. Gee, Big Fish, some of us are having this week off for Christmas vacation. So far, the only good game has been Moonfell Wood and it is short and have completed it. It has been a very lonnnngggg dry spell without any good games! Getting very tired of nothing to play. Hopefullyl we will see some games in the next day or two but I am not holding my breath. I believe its time to trot out those horrible Time Management and Match 3 games. Very disappointed. When I had no time, there were many great games offered. Now, nothing! This game had potential and gosh I was so excited then the fizzle occurred.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 28, 10 3:45 PM
This one isn't for me. I watched the Big Fish video of it and as soon as I saw the words "Enter into a land of witchcraft", that made the decision for me. Others may like it but I am uncomfortable with anything of the occult.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Dec 28, 10 4:01 PM
This has to be one of the most boring games I've ever played . And I agree with all the other fishies - the hidden objects were almost impossible to find! I like Play First - I play Cooking Dash-Diner Time Studios all the time. Maybe they need some practice on Hidden Object Games?

Goofyduck - welcome back! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Gail

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 28, 10 4:16 PM
Actually once I got past the first cave and got an idea of what was expected, I kind of "caught on". The objects in the cave ARE hard to see and I did use the hint button for some of them. Later on, either objects were easier to see or I was able to "relate" more to what I was looking for so it did become easier. I used the "book" to see what the next goal was so that saved some time. When clicking on the hint button to see what the objects I needed to find looked like, the color showed up and that made it somewhat easier to know where to look for the pieces. This will be a "might buy" when I'm ready to start the next game card.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Dec 28, 10 4:17 PM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is interacitve HOG. However, the items are too difficult to find. Objects were small and difficult to see.I lived on the hint button. The storyline is well written.

This game is a C+.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Dec 28, 10 4:19 PM
i lasted 15 minutes but i had to get up and go to the other room for something. i was disapointed i couldnt get further without the hint button and came to the forum to see if it was just me. thumbs down.

bruggeman
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by bruggeman on Dec 28, 10 4:27 PM
Thank goodness I thought my eyes were failing. Looks like it could have been a fun game but can not find a thing without hint button, not for me.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 28, 10 4:53 PM
maddee51 wrote:Although the storyline and visuals being quite good AND it being a Playfirst game I thought yes another one for the buy list.

Not at the full price I may go for it at 2.99 but SO disappointed I love Playfirst games and was expecting something unusual more than I got anyway.

Shame really as I'd got to the w***r g*d and was finding the stuff easier to find - ah well 5/10 for this

I wouldn't pay 2.99 either... .in fact, I wouldn't play it if you gave it to me free.

And furthermore you should not have to rearrange all your settings just to play a game. Then they'll be all messed up for the next game or job you want to do.
I changed my screen size to accommodate the latest Awakening game (which I love but I don't get the full screen) but then I screwed up everything else so bad it took me 2 hours to get it back the way it was. My eyesight is not the best so I have my computer set so the font is bigger than usual.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 4:56:11 PM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Dec 28, 10 4:55 PM
There will be a very good CE coming this week, an exciting one, spooky and scary.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Dec 28, 10 5:40 PM
I applaud everyone who was able to last 10-15 minutes. I couldn't last 5 minutes before I had to give up. Since I believe in giving games second chances I will give it another try tomorrow.....and I still have 55 minutes left in the free trial

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 28, 10 6:08 PM
I am relieved to know that I am neither blind nor stupid. I was almost afraid to look at the comments for fear that I was the only one who was having a terrible time finding many of the objects. I am usually one of the fishies who has no problems with overly dark or poor contrast items, but the demo of this just made me want to cry. In addition to a majority of the objects having little or no contrast to the background, I found the charge-the-crystals game tedious. (Yes, I do realize that it can be skipped.) The graphics are pretty, and the story is very imaginative; but the poor contrast simply overshadows the positive points for me. I really tried to like it, but the developers completely missed the mark. I think it is truly sad when a game has so much potential, but the developers sabotage it by getting sloppy and/or lazy on things that can so easily be improved.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Dec 28, 10 6:21 PM
You all got right in my head on this one. I really wanted to like but ended up frustrated. I didn't find any object without some help. Tried adjusting my screen to see if any better. Not only items too muted to see, most time I didn't even know what I was looking for. Sorry, looks like a lot of work went into development. A little more work and you may have a winner.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Dec 28, 10 6:39 PM
I too quit after 10 minutes. Items much too difficult to find when you understood that you were supposed to find something. Definitely not a buy for me...more of an uninstall.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Dec 28, 10 7:17 PM
I started to skip this game because of all the complaints about it but I decided to try to play the game. I'm glad I did. The game is beautiful and It's not as difficult as the complaints make it appear to be. I'm not all that good with hidden object games, especially fragmented ones but I did not have to click all over the scenes. I only searched for what I was supposed to find. Body parts in one scene, colored stones in another, etc. All the objects have some kind of markings on them that make them stick out. The instructions for moving through the game was fairly easy. I paid attention to what was shown to do and did it. When I had to find fragmented parts I put the mouse on the dark object(s) at the bottom of the screen and I was shown exactly what I was looking for. Once I saw what I needed I looked only for those pieces. It took a little patience but it wasn't hard. I am out of the cave and well into the next area and I still have 19 minutes of demo time left. I did have to use three hints to get there though.

It's a nice game. I'll buy this one next month. I didn't care too much for Dream Chronicles Book of Air but I liked it enough to look forward to the next element of the game. What will it be? Earth, Fire, water? I guess I'll find out in the future.

Tamara the 13th seems to follow the element pattern. I am glad that Play First is trying new things instead of following the beaten path. Good work Play First and Big Fish. This game has my

joyamlf
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joyamlf on Dec 28, 10 7:21 PM
This is possibly the worst game I have ever tried!!! What's the process for putting games out? Does anyone check them out first? I kinda hope the answer is no, cause I can't imagine anyone putting the stamp of approval on this one

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Dec 28, 10 8:16 PM
Well,after reading other people's views I don't feel like a complete moron. I took the day to find anything and in the long run was wearing out the hint button. It looks nice but leaves you wondering what the heck you're supposed to do. I guess I'm more in the mood for a straight up hidden object game.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Dec 28, 10 9:12 PM
What a disappointment! As most people complained, the objects to find are nigh unto impossible to detect without either exhausting the hint button or memorizing the walkthrough! NOT FUN! I like most of PlayFirst's games, other than time management games, and this looked so promising. Deleted it after only 11 minutes.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Dec 28, 10 9:15 PM
Looks like we have a winner!

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Dec 28, 10 9:35 PM
I'm going against the pond tide a bit here. I didn't have the difficulties to the extent that most seemed to be experiencing them and I actually played until the trial ended in what seemed less than an hour.

One of the flaws of the game for me was that the puzzles were far to easy; so having to put a little effort in finding some of the objects (which are for the most part are indeed pretty small) at least gives some challenge to the game.

I can see 'why' the complaints, especially in the cave, but I don't agree that it was gamebreakingly difficult to spot the crystals or other objects further on in the game (yeah, I just made up a word).

Other objects in the game were quite easy to spot because once you finish a task, fragmented objects from the next task in that area would *pop* into the scene. Clun-ky.

I enjoyed the occult-based story and the plot progression very much. Definite positives. But I have agree that kidnapped relative scenario has been done, and I mean DONE, before in causal games.

Slight spoiler:
I do sincerely hope that cat was never neutered.

There were aspects of the graphics were quite nice, with some visual effects and hidden fragmented objects that seemed a little clunky in comparison.

I do like it; at least more than others, but that's not saying a whole lot, lol. It's not enough for me to want to purchase at this time. In the end, I'm disappointed that this game fell short of it's potential.

Edited on 12/28/2010 at 9:51:38 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Dec 29, 10 12:37 AM
So disappointing. The graphics are so beautiful that I want to play it but, as has been said, the items are nearly impossible to find. When I must constantly use Hints, it's a NO BUY for me too. Twice, when I finally found an object, I didn't know what to do with it. At that point, the Hint does not work so you just have to fumble around until you use the item in the right spot. It seems odd to me that as hard as items are to find, that silly pipe puzzle (very easy!) to "charge" your gem seems ridiculous.

It is almost painful to not play this as the graphics are so beautiful but, sadly, I pass.

Go to: