Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hodgepodge Hollow

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 5, 11 7:26 AM
What a beautiful game, in every sense. I love it!

The colours are lovely, the graphics are lovely, the gameplay is lovely, the dwarves are cute, and the animation is adorable.

Also, I love love love H0 scenes where you look for 20 of the same things. Everything about this game is just really really nice.

And what a releave that there are no timed chapters, and points to collect. Makes a refreshing change.

The only thing I´ve noticed is that whether you have the "Custom Cursor" box clicked or not, you still only get the game´s cursor, which is fine by me in this case, because it´s a nice cursor and it works just fine.

Bought it straight away after the demo was finished. Thank you, developers!

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 8:52:44 AM PST

rosebud477
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by rosebud477 on Jan 5, 11 7:42 AM
After playing all dark HOG this is a nice change of pace so it is buy for me.

[Post New]by roocat on Jan 5, 11 11:16 AM
beautiful artwork, but too easy

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 5, 11 11:32 AM
happygrams18 wrote:I could be all wet about this game.

First of all...I am not buying because:

1. I found it a game more for children...about 8-12 years old
2. I don't have any children that age any more

Well, I don´t have small children anymore either. I don´t know why people always say "it´s for children" just because it´s not dark, a horror, bloody or the puzzles are so hard that everybody moans about them.

This is a lovely game for those people young at heart and mind. Yayyyy!!

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Jan 5, 11 2:56 PM
I beta tested this game and although I enjoyed the game I thought it was for a younger audience. still very nice hope anyone playing has a good game.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jan 5, 11 3:22 PM
A-dor-able! Made one potion in demo just to check for kinks then bought it! Graphics are just dreamy!

I had that "oh it's for kids" thought too - and I guess if it were Barbie or Bratz I'd have kept that thought - but somehow Fairytales have an ageless quality It'll take me forever to play because I'm just staring and staring at the artwork! So very glad there's no timer!

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Jan 5, 11 4:41 PM
I found this game very relaxing -- the music, the simple storyline, the whimsical pastel colored drawings, no timer, the switching between hidden objects and potion-making, the quaintness of it all.

I'll be buying it later on...

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

cutsie, but to repetitive

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jan 5, 11 6:14 PM
This game is very "cutsie" and more for a child. I did enjoy playing the demo, however, it is to repetitive with no challenge at all.

Enjoy the demo, that is what I did, however, I am not going to purchase this game.

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jan 5, 11 8:17 PM
I absolutely LOVE games like this! I enjoyed the colorful artwork, whimsical theme, and easy, relaxing gameplay. I wish there was some sort of non-linear free-play option, though. And a way to use the artwork as desktop wallpaper would have been nice, but all-in-all, my kind of game.

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Jan 5, 11 10:50 PM
This game is cutesy but I love cutesy!! It's a nice change from the dark story lines and dark graphics. The graphics are bright and so beautiful! It may be too cutesy for some but I loved it and bought it and having such a relaxing and fun time playing this game. It is easy but sometimes I need an easy game after a hard day at work, it's really relaxing. I love fairies, cute animals, flowers and pretty scenes and this one has it all. Thank you Big Fish for hours of fun in 2010 and many more in 2011!! Happy New Year Everyone!!

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Jan 6, 11 11:04 AM

I am not a big fan of "cute" games. I prefer the dark and nasty story lines and scary stuff most days.

For some reason I downloaded this game and gave it a try. Guess it appealed to the "kid" in me because I bought it.

There was just something very gentle and soft about it. Made me smile while I played and it was a really relaxing and nice game to play. Not too sweet, didn't make my teeth hurt. It provided a really great evening of play. I see replay potentital in the game and believe it will go on my list of games to play to relax and smile.

Enjoy!!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jan 6, 11 11:09 AM
Despite being too easy a HOG for me, I found the graphics so charmingly cute, and the harp music so pleasant, I decided to purchase it (well, use a game credit). I could be a little biased though, because I play the Harp, and love harp music. Only, I wish the music in the game, would consistently play, rather then on and off. Just gazing upon the unique, pleasant graphics, and listening to the music, was very relaxing. But, like I said... a little too easy of a game. Like other posters, I think this game beckoned to my 'inner child' as well.

Edited on 01/06/2011 at 11:11:44 AM PST

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Jan 6, 11 8:41 PM
sassylassie wrote:
care___916 wrote:The drawings are cute. Hint recharges quickly. Looks like a straight HOG. A no pressure game.

This game is a not for me, didnt like the storyline if there was one lol.

Happy game day

I usually love Jolly Bear games, but I have to agree with Care. The graphics are cute, and there was a few different things to do, but to me it was getting too repetitive. I was getting bored with it. No buy here.

Sassy

Agree with all the above......it was cute.......but way too easy and childlike, and very boring. Would be a great game for children or beginning gamers or those who wish to just "chill" and play without much thought. To each his own, but I'll be buying something else.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jan 7, 11 6:28 AM
I found this game to be cute and cartoonish. I played the trial with my 6 yr. old grand daughter and she liked it. I thought it was a bit young. You can have fun for the first few recipes but then it gets very repetitive. It's pretty much straight Hidden Object. the objects have fun names that really get a giggle out of the little ones. I think this would be great for 8 - 12 yr. olds as it does have quite a bit of reading or younger if you like to help them along. The trial was enough for us though. Sorry no buy here although I do think it would be a rather long game to play.

[Post New]by sillymoose on Jan 8, 11 9:04 AM
What a great game. Loved it. It's a decent length, but it could have gone on much longer for me. I was sorry when it ended. Nice change from the usual death, dying, blood and guts. Wish there were more like this.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 9, 11 9:48 PM
such a cute little game!

i haven't had a chance to share this one with my niece, yet, but i'm sure she will absolutely love it! the little gnomes, the grumpy ol' troll, the whimsical scenes... so light and colorful...

not sure if i will get it right now - have to wait for the little one's approval! but i have high hopes

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 10, 11 7:39 AM
Who says every game has to be challenging? Not me! I love the artwork so much that I would buy this game just to look at it. But it's fun, too. Reminds me of The Wizard of Oz books, Willy Wonka, Alice in Wonderland, any story that takes you somewhere else.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jan 12, 11 1:03 PM
I enjoyed this game. not too hard and not too easy. I really got it for my 10 yr. old grand daughter, and she helps me when I get stuck.
I play about 15 mins each time and I'm now at the last section.
A walk through should NOT be necessary, as all the tasks are common sense. Read them through before attempting to put together a potion, and you will get the task done and avoid that puff of smoke that I have seen too many times.
this is a charming relaxing game.
At the end you are given a list of the characteristics of a gnome. They sound much like some of the contributers to this thread.
canadian

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 14, 11 3:00 PM
Lovely game, just what I needed right now. The artwork is breath-taking to anyone who groks fantasy or faery art, really top-notch; I'm an artist so I feel qualified to rave about it. The opening jig is a favorite of mine even if I can't remember the name of it. If you like Celtic music played on the harp, this game will relax you; as a musician, I'm qualified to rave here too.

It could be easily written off as a child's game and indeed, would be lovely for children. But the child-at-heart or someone needing comfort and sweetness will find this a refreshing change of pace. I've played it twice now just to relax, de-stress and enjoy the lovely artwork and gentle humor.

Very, very nice.

lucyfres
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by lucyfres on Jan 16, 11 1:58 PM
I've just finished the demo, and have to say that this game is definitely a stress reliever. The music is really beautiful as are the graphics, and the story is cute and creative. I will purchase this game even though as others have said: "There are no small children in the house." I guess I don't need an excuse to enjoy beauty and simplicity.

Go to: