Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Crossworlds: The Flying City

[Post New]by flounderhead on Jan 8, 11 4:25 PM
I wasn't real impressed initially with the demo, but it's deceptively simple and as you progress you come to appreciate what a great game this really is. I love the different worlds, graphics are beautiful, music was nice but it did get a little repetitious through the entire game. I don't think a walkthrough is needed. If you slow down and take your time, you can figure things out. This is the best Big Fish game I have played in a long time! I'm looking forward to the sequel!

ruthie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ruthie39 on Jan 8, 11 5:18 PM
I liked this game...hope that the "to be continued" comes out soon.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 8, 11 6:14 PM
Interesting game - not a buy for me - the graphics were good - the HOG scenes were clear and not so small as to be impossible to find - the music / background noise was not great but the mute button always works
the concept of robot city and finding one's lost /missing/ in danger father / grandfather / fill in the blank relative :-)
tired and over - used
I am sure many will enjoy this game - I am not one of them

[Post New]by karenmoore on Jan 8, 11 6:29 PM
I have to say that I really enjoyed this game in the Demo. I bought it and am enjoying playing the game, except I can't figure out where to get the air pump for the air in the tire part, so I am stuck on the second part of the game. I know that I have to look in an **** site for this, and I thought that the second time around I would find the air pump. I found one on a **** site, but it didn't go into my inventory, so I'm still looking. I like the concept and the graphics and think that this game may last me a little longer than most of the **** games that I have bought and played. The max so far is about 2 days total, and that's stopping because if I have bought the game I don't want to finish it too soon. The only other games that I have played and taken a long time on were large file ones. Hope we can see a walkthrough soon, because not being able to find this air pump is driving me nuts. I will start the game over with a different profile again and hope that I just missed something the first 2 times. Really like this game though and hope to see more like it.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 8, 11 6:41 PM
At first I thought this game WASN"T to bad. BUT after I got to this hidden object area where I had to find 5 (or was it 6?) Robo heads, I got a little pissed off. First, I had to click on "whatever" just to find the heads.They did not look like robot heads to me, just blurs ) I was down to needing 2 more-so I used a hint. I used the hint 4 times and NEVER found a head. I mean I sclicked on everything around the sparkles and NOTHING was the robos head. Then I ran out of demo time. I have to admit I might of bought the game if the hint was more direct. But the flying sparkles just through me off. The item is really not at the sparkles-it is SUPPOSE TO BE near it-just not for me.
I liked the idea of the game but not the total concept of it. A NO BUY for me. I don't know if a walk through would of helped because not all hidden objects in walk throughs are the same. Although I know for sure, I would of looked for help.
Sorry- but I give up and will not buy this one. MAYBE I'll buy with a walk through as a DD. I did have a good time playing as far as I got.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Jan 8, 11 7:23 PM
I played the entire demo in wide screen and had no technical issues with the game at all. Graphics were above average and music was actually pleasant. Interesting story so far (not any more far out than Phantasmat) and from what I've seen, the locations, once you're out of the house are really, really cool. There's also a few different things/tasks you don't usually find in these games. I won't mention what so as not to spoil your experience

Without giving away any spoilers, this game is more along the lines of a true adventure game with some HOG scenes thrown in. What I really did like (and appreciate!) was that the game play was VERY logical. They don't give you many clues as to where to look for something, but where you find the item actually makes sense. So, if you're looking for a key, look at where you are, your surroundings and think, "Where would I hide a key?" The hint timer automatically recharges and seems to be fairly fast. I didn't have to use it but I did click to see how fast it recharged. I believe the hint system only works for HOG scenes but I could be wrong about that. The game isn't totally linear so while you can wander about from room to room or locations, you cannot enter certain rooms or make certain items work until you have found the appropriate items. The diary will only tell you what you need to do, not where to look but again, it's VERY logical so with some brain power, you can easily move along at a good clip. Also, even though you have to revisit the same HOG locations, many of the items will either be new or moved around so you can't memorize that particular scene. I hate going back to a scene and it's not really a "hidden" object scene anymore since I already know where everything is!

So far I really do like this game. I think what I appreciate the most is the thought that went into getting you from point A to point B. I seriously dislike games where you just have to meander around hoping for another HOG scene to find an item you're looking for. Oh! In the HOG scenes, I finally had to search for items I have never seen in another game before! Interesting

Good job to the developers for putting some extra thought into this

a definite buy for me. Happy gaming!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 8, 11 7:38 PM
Leemo wrote:The trial finished too soon so I bought it right away. The game doesn't seem too easy which is nice. Spelling mistake in the first sentence wasn't too impressive but haven't noticed anymore so far. Game runs well, bright points in HOG scenes make it difficult to see what's in that area (on my PC anyway) and the music doesn't irritate me for once .

Looking forward to the rest of the game.

Finished the g ame and really enjoyed it.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jan 8, 11 7:59 PM
The story line is ... thrrrrr ... how else can I put it?

Sorry no buy for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 8, 11 8:21 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is HOG with IHOG. And I have to say very disappointing. It took forever to get out of the bedroom. The storyline is fair and the name of the time travel professor is obviously poor imagination on the writer's part. This game lacks too much to recommed it for anything.

This game is an F.

Edited for spelling errors.

Edited on 01/08/2011 at 8:21:58 PM PST

mmemubon
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by mmemubon on Jan 8, 11 8:57 PM
I will buy after all I am not looking for a life partner, if I like it I am pleased if I donot like it just leave it for a while until the rainning day.

[Post New]by dixiegurl7497 on Jan 8, 11 9:32 PM
Ok I guess I'm stupid but I cannot figure out how to turn off the energy supply in the second part of this game also the health certificate code I have tried it but its not working for me any help on this would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 8, 11 10:14 PM
I found this game intriguing and have bought it. At times the objects in the **** areas are hard to locate as the graphics tend to have a grainy tinge and are also difficult to locate as they just 'peep' out of other objects. The hint button only works in **** locations and so you have to wander from location to location looking for clues or completing tasks to move ahead.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 8, 11 10:39 PM
Okay. Another European game which is just horrible. Some have written that it gets better. Graphics are terrible. And....not sure if anyone else has this trouble, but on my computer if I set it for the full screen, it blocks out the last line of the hidden object screen. So I had to decrease the size and then the items were too small to find. Not my favorite by any means.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 9, 11 1:21 AM
CasualGran wrote:
sunnyglow wrote:......Another European game which is just horrible...

Oh please. Leave out judgemental sentences like this. They don't serve anyone IMO.

I agree. And has anyone ever said: Oh look, another European game that works/is great. No. Because peeps only mention "European" in negative comments, it seems.
Because, you see, most games come from European countries. I know we are not allowed to name sites, so think Mystery of Mortlake Mansion and Phantasmat - just 2 games from Europe.

Edited for spelling errors

Edited on 01/09/2011 at 3:35:04 AM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jan 9, 11 1:42 AM
Just finished it and in line with other comments seen, I am so glad that I did not resort to any walkthrough and it was a challenge. Yes it was frustrating at times but was worth it in the end.

Thought some gear indications were missing particularly at the end but a minor point. Looking forward to the follow up

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 9, 11 1:58 AM
Just finished the game without any walkthrough. When I got stuck just popped in here for hints. Was a curious, interesting and fun game. Very different to other IHOGs. A nice little game that I completed in one afternoon, taking roughly 5 ours on and off.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 9, 11 3:46 AM
The glaring typo (beggning for beginning) at the start of the game doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Jan 9, 11 4:17 AM
From what I've read some of you need to go through the door at the bottom of the stairs and right in front of you is another door, but first do the hidden object scene in the office then open the safe. The rest of you need to go in that yellow car after you've done the hidden object scene when you find the key use it first on the trunk then drive the car into the city. The gold coin is in the Robo-cafe but you need to open it first and to do that you need the clock hands. Place the clock hands on the clock that's in front of the cafe and set the time for ten o'clock.
If anyone has found the generator please let me know.

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Jan 9, 11 4:23 AM
The transporter reminds of the egg Mork (Mork & Mindy) landed in when he came to earth. That's if any of you remember that show with Robin Williams & Pam Dawber.

FawnMart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FawnMart on Jan 9, 11 7:23 AM
Just finished the game without walk-through or tips. Have to agree with Dragon Lady - " if you keep tabs on the diary it leads you to the next task...however you need to be prepared to follow the "move backwards so you can move forwards" principle in this game. And most of the items you need to find "sparkle" - you just have to use the grey matter sometimes to work out how to get to them, or be patient as the solution will present itself once you have completed the tasks required".

I wore out two pairs of sandals at the start and then caught on and finished up with a third pair.

In each HOG scene there were 1 or 2 items that were well hidden. Used the hint button more times than I'd like to admit. HInt terribly slow to recharge.
A few times the clicked item was correct but did not register. A second or third carefully placed click worked.

It took some time to grow on me but all an all enjoyable. Not top shelf. Length was very good. There's little reference to names after the start so dont let that alone stop a trial.

Go to: