Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Eternal Night: Realm of Souls

[Post New]by lalalady39 on Jan 18, 11 7:51 AM
I can't get the statutes disc to do anything. Nothing responses, not the arrows or the jewels or triangles. If any help works I may continue but I rarely stay with a game that wastes my entire trial time trying to figure out a step with no clues as what to do.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 18, 11 8:24 AM
The graphics are excellent. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and minigames. The minigames are skippable. The game can be challenging as well as frustrating. The storyline is well written.

This game is a B.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jan 18, 11 9:47 AM
I have just finished the 1 hour trial and I found this game surprisely different and innovative, kind of hidden objects and adventure, the puzzle and minigames very new, at least to me, the graphics are beautiful and bright, hints recharge quickly and the tasks are illustrated in a sort of cluster in each scene to solve, the story is interesting and the scenery is surreal and futuristic, though it talks of an ancient legend, definetly worth to play, so I got it!! I know is not an easy one!! We'll see!!
Happy gaming!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 18, 11 9:50 AM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to stop in real quick to add that more comments and reviews can be found here.

Please check them out if you're interested!

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Jan 18, 11 9:55 AM
Poodlebear - good to see you back, hope it is for good, miss your reviews.

AlisonCVS
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by AlisonCVS on Jan 18, 11 10:01 AM
Not sure what is wrong but it keeps locking up on me. Really was enjoying it but had to keep crashing it and reloading it. Now every time I load the game and try to move to the next are it locks up every time.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Jan 18, 11 11:16 AM
POODLEBEAR...what a delight to see you on this forum. PLEASE STAY!! Hundreds of us miss you.

I have read all the reviews of this game. Some of you loved it, some did not. So I am still up in the air. I think this is one of those times when I will have to judge for myself...in other words download the trial game and go from there.

Thank you all for the wonderful reviews...especially yours POODLEBEAR ...you are sincerely missed. Come back...you are needed.

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 11:18:52 AM PST

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Jan 18, 11 11:28 AM
Such a shame - a beautiful looking game with good puzzles, HOG screens, finding objects, etc.

But soo sloow on my good spec XP machine, even in windowed mode. I played 40 minutes of my trial hour and must have spent 20 of them waiting for screens to load or for the cursor to move. (If developers insist on their own cursor, could they make it a bit smaller and the hand a little more, well, hand-like?)

As I say, a shame, because it looks like such a good game.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jan 18, 11 11:57 AM
Well darn, I played thru almost my whole hour, and I was at the second level I think, everything worked fine, I am on a Dell XP. anyhow it kinda flashed me off, not sure if I was finished or not, or dont know if it was a bug, but I want to buy and play the game so bad, but hate having to buy it then not be able to play it, I just dont know what to do, some people played fine, I wish I knew where any trouble started, and if it was after the hour trial. I liked a game a lot so far.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 18, 11 2:39 PM
This more like it. I really enjoy the story line and the different chapters. I would like to see more this type of games.

One thing I would pay more to have the walkthrough or help be part of the game like you have in the collector edition. It is a bore to have quit and came back to the game to find out a question to problem or assistance needed.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 18, 11 4:54 PM
There is a WT for this game. Did not like the flashing lights...way too bright and weird for me and I don't have problems with flashing lights like so many other people. Really don't like the custom cursor. Why do they keep giving us these things. Some people do, so should at least have the option of keepinng or getting rid of it. Game works fine for me, nice color and graphics. Not much "help" when you need it and I don't like to look at the WT when I play. Objects easy to find and games are pretty easy as well. Stuck in level 2, so guess I will look at the WT anyway, just to see what I should have done to progress. Have to think real hard on this one. Still going to hang on to my credits for awhile. Happy gaming!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 18, 11 10:46 PM
This game was really enjoyable to play. Even though I am tired of Egyptian themed games this one was so different I really didn't think of it as one of the usual boring Egyptian Hidden Object games. This game is definitely an adventure/ihog and well worth the money.

Someone on the forum said it took them only three hours to complete the game. It took me at least double that but I read everything, retraced my steps to make sure I didn't leave anything behind and took my time looking for objects. Players should be sure to retrace their steps in this game because sometimes there is something in a previous room that was not there before.

As someone else said, if you can think logically and be patient the game can be figured out without using a walkthrough. I did use the hints a few times but the hints in this game are not like normal hints unless you're in a hidden object scene. The hints only tell you the next step to complete your overall task but it does not tell you how to do the step. You have to figure that out for yourself.

I hope developers make more games like this one. I spent almost a half a day playing this game but I never got bored and left the game to play another day as I usually do. The story and gameplay just beckoned me to continue playing until the game was finished.

gamerdash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gamerdash on Jan 18, 11 10:54 PM
Puzzles were fun but the storyline is too slow for me.

And i hated how Egyptian gods turned out looking like aliens in this game. It gave me a headache.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 18, 11 11:06 PM
amanda4 wrote:Have just finished playing this game and have to say was one of the best I have played to date.Graphics and colour absolutely beatiful.The only critisism I would have is having to wait for loading between scenes but otherwise excellent game.

Hi there Amanda4,
Welcome to the Pond.
POSSIBLE SPOILER
I too thought that the movement between scenes seemed to take a loooong time until I noticed that they got shorter as I progressed through it and actually watched what was being displayed...the "steps" in completing each section was shown in the hieroglyphics and quickened between the parts I had finished.
Sneaky inbuilt Walkthrough!!!
Cheers.

Edited on 01/18/2011 at 11:07:14 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 18, 11 11:12 PM
gamerdash wrote:Puzzles were fun but the storyline is too slow for me.

And i hated how Egyptian gods turned out looking like aliens in this game. It gave me a headache.

...maybe that was because this game was in the Twilight Zone the night before when it was accidently posted as a second TGT and then disappeared.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jan 19, 11 11:31 AM
Great game.... Great graphics. Works really well on Vista.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jan 19, 11 12:00 PM
I bought this, I finished it. One of the most annoying , fun games I've played for awhile. well worth the effort.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jan 19, 11 2:37 PM
I really wanted to like this game,,,i played the demo for a good while but i just couldn't get into it .
the graphics were way tooo futuristic for me and it just didnt' grab my attention. i kept gettting too confused on what to do next
so no buy for me
sorry

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Jan 19, 11 2:57 PM
My favorite thing so far about this thread: My favorite reviewers, all on the first page!! Thanks doctorgood, bribling, goofyduck, cherbtoo, (the great) LizzieK, and best of all, even though she doesn't do this review thing any more, Poodlebear !! Now I'll have to go try the demo out for myself...

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Jan 19, 11 6:08 PM
WOW! I just love this one. The graphics are beautiful. Even for a beginner like me, it's so much fun. You just have to stop making such great games. My computer can't take it but I am so addicted!! Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!

Silvia

Go to: