Re:Post any Eternal Night: Realm of Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by Donna1876 on Jan 17, 11 3:11 PM
lillyalex2003 wrote:I am very disappointment with BF after this game. I downloaded the demo and it froze up twice. I went ahead and bought it and almost everytime I go to a new area it freezes up. Now I can't get past the big glowing arm in the sky-it starts to load and then says "Windows has encountered a problem" and closes it out. I went to the help pages and tried all of their suggestions and then restarted my computer and now when I click on the game in my game manager it won't even come up.

I know it's not my computer because it is a Sony All in One and is less than a year old and all of the drivers are up to date. I have not had this problem before with any games. I'm really upset that I wasted my free game code for a game I can't even play

That is the exact same place that as me and the exact same problem

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on Jan 17, 11 3:19 PM
I have a new (8 mons) laptop, finally had to go to help chat and get acredit for this game...And it looked like a good one....

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jan 17, 11 3:25 PM
I can't get past the loading screen at the beginning. Waited 15 minutes each time for it to crawl its way through, then my computer froze both times. I wish someone would beta test these games on more than one computer (if they test them at all). It's bad when there are more tech issues than actual game reviews.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 17, 11 3:26 PM
mcurty wrote:Running Desktop, WinXP, 2mb, 128mb Graphics. My cursor did some stuttering from the beginning. But I learned to tolerate it. After earning the frost charm and "unfreezing" things, it got completely out of control. It was impossible to play the game after that.

Game developers -- we do not need or want games that have more and more intensive graphics. Quality art work does not need all the "special effects" to be appreciated. We want games that are challenging in playability of the game. We want games that function technically correct even on "old" machines.

I have an older machine and I couldn't even get the game to start, so I totally agree with you, Mcurty!

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Jan 17, 11 3:27 PM
I have a speedy system with oodles of RAM. This is my first ever BFG that freezes. The load time is terrible as well. This is a no buy for me, unless the developers fix the issues and trot out a newer version.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Jan 17, 11 4:14 PM
mcurty wrote:Running Desktop, WinXP, 2mb, 128mb Graphics. My cursor did some stuttering from the beginning. But I learned to tolerate it. After earning the frost charm and "unfreezing" things, it got completely out of control. It was impossible to play the game after that.

Game developers -- we do not need or want games that have more and more intensive graphics. Quality art work does not need all the "special effects" to be appreciated. We want games that are challenging in playability of the game. We want games that function technically correct even on "old" machines.

I totally agree. When the game finally got going, cursor jumped and stuttered all over the place. The screen started jumping in and out and had to use the task manager to close it.

We really don't need stuff like this. Deleted game.

Rosa96
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rosa96 on Jan 17, 11 5:59 PM
I am also getting a "resolution not supported message. I tried reinstalling but it did not help. Had to uninstall. I hope they find a solution for this.

maj_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by maj_50 on Jan 17, 11 6:28 PM
No not just you, mine did the same thing, just deleted BEFORE I threw the compter......not worth the headache.

maj_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by maj_50 on Jan 17, 11 6:31 PM
Am I wrong in my thinking, that BF test this out BEFORE putting it out there for u

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

error 5?

[Post New]by chrysteen on Jan 17, 11 6:32 PM
I get a message that says, cannot find import DLL may be missing corrupt or wrong version. File fmod dll error 5. what does this mean?

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jan 17, 11 6:38 PM
Nynaeve70 wrote:I have Vista, SP2 on my laptop. When I tried to open the demo - the game was in the lower right corner of my screen. I attempted to go to the windowed version and it would not allow me to do so. Since I couldn't access the quit button, I had to use my task manager to close out the game. Apparently there is definitely something wrong with this game. The reviews of the ones that managed to play it sound interesting, but this is (for now at least) a forget it game for me.

I'm having a similar problem. I too am running Vista on a Dell Studio laptop. The weird thing is that when I downloaded the game the other day (when it was erroneously offered) it ran fine and the wide screen mode fit perfect to my 15" screen. I deleted the game and reinstalled today after purchasing it. Now the bottom part is totally cut off so I can't click on the menu or see the bottom of the inventory items. When I unclick the wide screen (windowed) mode it just makes the screen skinny but it's the same height. Everything is still cut off on the bottom. I wish I had never deleted the game the other day, but without a walkthrough at that time I couldn't progress very far. Needless to say I can't play the game with the bottom of the screen cut off. I'm only able to go to a max of 1080 x 800 resolution (which is what its set to and still won't work) btw. Should I just give up and get a credit???

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 6:51:34 PM PST

[Post New]by cracker731 on Jan 17, 11 6:48 PM
honorelle wrote:I get a black screen, and if I try to Alt+Tab, then I get a flicker between desktop and black, like a strobe light.

The same thing happens to me...but right before this happens, I get an error message that there is not enough memory available and the game will need to close....this is ridiculous, because I have 156GB of free space on the computer and I'm running Windows 7. Very frustrating because I like the game and would love to buy it...but it only lets me play for about 3minutes before freaking out. Tried re-installing and didn't change anything. BF needs to make an announcement on the site to let us know when this is fixed and they also need to make SURE that these games are truly "quality tested" (as they claim) before putting them out on the site!!!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Jan 17, 11 7:28 PM
Looks like a good game, and a possible buy, but I cannot get pass the sign on screen. I tried to bypass by selecting play, but your are still required to enter your name as a new player. Typed in my name and the cursor vanishes and you cannot do any thing else. Lost 20 minutes with Ctrl-alt-delete about 4 or 5 times in order to close the game and restart. Tried to enter options, and maybe make some possible changes, but again the cursor vanished and you are stuck, stuck, stuck. The game does not freeze, but no cursor, no game. Enjoy.

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Resolution Problems

[Post New]by JLnn on Jan 17, 11 7:47 PM
aadams1964 wrote:When the message came that your resolution has to be at least 1024/768 you just go to Start....control panel..........then click on Appearance or Personalization and move the bar until you get at least the 1024 by 768 the game is asking for. Then click "apply" and you should be good to go.

Thank you, that did the trick!

[Post New]by smwinner on Jan 17, 11 8:11 PM
I cannot get to the 4th Level. I got the first 3 spells but cannot get to the next level. It always gets about 3/4 of the way through the load and then crashes. I had problems with the 3rd level but it finally got through it after reloading the game. Do I have to reload the game with every Level? Very frustrating.

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

[Post New]by x2kul on Jan 17, 11 8:40 PM
While demoing the game, it would lock up loading the scene after the lava. sometimes. Well, I just bought it, and now it locks up so I can't even play! I can click play after the first load, but then it just shuts down.

I use Windows 7, so did everything from the help screen to put the game into Vista compatibility. The game manager had been open while doing this, so I uninstalled & reinstalled it. Now the game won't even load at all.

help?

[Post New]by melansongirl on Jan 17, 11 8:56 PM
I keep getting resolution error messages, but I get those with every game from here.
I'm getting ticked though because my game keeps shutting down. I get an error message that "Eternal Night... is not working" then it shuts down.
Loading time is horrible too. Like some others it ate up most of my demo time and froze up once then too.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 8:57:50 PM PST

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Jan 17, 11 9:01 PM
I have a strange problem, the game seems to run ok but at the bottom of the screen it just keeps flashing and its really annoying. No matter what I do I can't get it to stop. when it loading it's a solid black screen flashing where it says loading and after it's done loading in the game I can see everything at the bottom of the screen but it just flashes constantly.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Jan 17, 11 9:07 PM
Another useless game BFG, I wish you would get your act together in there or you are going to lose heaps of customers....

Strixi
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Jan 17, 11 9:28 PM
Anything that uses 10 minutes of demo time just to load and open and still does not allow me to click on anything on the screen is a no-buy. Plus, jerky cursor.

Go to: