Re:Welcome to Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life forum

[Post New]by amarilloman on Feb 27, 11 10:13 AM
How do you get the game to trigger the release of the Chronometer in Venice? They just stand their forever..No accident...No Murder?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 4:35 PM
Is the gondolier there but doesn't talk? Any way to click on him to talk?

I'm not sure of the exact trigger for this --
did you do the bas relief puzzle?
did you rotate the columns and take the seeds?
Then go back toward the front of the room.
Gondolier should be there and starts talking to you, then he hands you the chronometer
Next is a cut scene

Edit:
I got my game to lock at this point also by "fast clicking through all the dialogue". When I did that they just stand there afterward and there is no "giving the chronometer". This has apparently corrupted the game at this point because I cannot go back to my last save and progress either. I don't know the answer in how to continue.

"Fast Clicking" through dialogue seems to confuse this game -- makes it not work correctly. Make sure you allow dialogue to appear on the screen. Make sure it records correctly in the notebook.

Edit2: I exited the game. Restarted the game. Choose a save at the end of Brittany and played this over allowing the dialogue to play entirely. The game progressed correctly and I got the Chronometer correctly.

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 10:04:35 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Fruit

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 4:37 PM
philma wrote:how do you divide the fruit to put it in the different holes?

You have to talk to the Count, the native, the count and the native again before you can complete that part of the puzzle.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 27, 11 4:38 PM
bbjones wrote:I am having trouble getting the friut to stay in the vessel. any help would be appreciated. I have enjoyed the game but am stuck here. Already talked the the Indian, got the fruit but can't seem to continue.
Talk to the count again and the native again. Eventually the fruit will work for you. I had to talk to each at least 2 times to get all instructions.

[Post New]by kamuck on Mar 1, 11 4:49 AM
There appears to be a technical glitch several of us are experiencing, as we are unable to give the clean scarf to the antiquary, even though the right conversation takes place, and even though we have painstakingly gone through the walkthrough and done everything it says to do in Cairo. Is there a solution to this, technical people? If not, we should all receive a game credit, as it is impossible to continue.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 1, 11 7:31 AM
Is there a solution to this, technical people? If not, we should all receive a game credit, as it is impossible to continue.
You need to use the green envelope on the right to report a problem to CS. You're just talking to fellow players otherwise.

Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

Unfortunately this game is unusually buggy. The more emails to CS, the more likely a new version.

[Post New]by alexhildebrandt on Mar 5, 11 12:52 PM
This is the second glitch I've gotten in this game! I'm SO annoyed. The first one was when I could not get out of Venice. I had to restart once already. Now that stupid parcel with the valve will not go into my inventory. This game has been nothing but frustrating.

alphaleft
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by alphaleft on Mar 8, 11 7:26 AM
NavCom1 wrote:I'm trying to take the lift to the top of the tree to gather the fruit but no luck. I have switched the lever at the top of the windmill I don't know how many times but the message in the lift keeps sending me back to the windmill lever. Grrrrrr

Anybody got any suggestions .... is there something that I have not done that needs to be done first?

I am having the same problem, and the walkthrough doesn't help, i've got water flowing and that is as far as I get?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 8, 11 7:54 AM
You can't do both at the same time. There are three lever positions,left, middle and right.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 7:54:54 AM PST

gigisusie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gigisusie on Mar 11, 11 12:43 PM
The people in fancy dress in square in Venice won't talk to me. I have the book, and the pen, but when I try to sign it, Sylvia says there is no one to write a dedication to.
Any ideas?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 11, 11 1:20 PM
gigisusie wrote:The people in fancy dress in square in Venice won't talk to me. I have the book, and the pen, but when I try to sign it, Sylvia says there is no one to write a dedication to.
Any ideas?
Yes. This is coming up quite often. You have to right-click on the book to examine (read) it first.

monsterme
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Need solution for tree of life filter buttons

[Post New]by monsterme on Mar 11, 11 2:17 PM
I can't figure out what buttons to press on the tree of life filter. The walkthrough only shows a snapshot of the filter itself. Not the correct buttons depressed. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by sueturner on Mar 12, 11 7:45 AM
persia0000 wrote:I had the exact same issue with being unable to get the toner from the Porter and had to completely restart the game to continue.

Now, I have a second glitch that makes the game completely unplayable.

I am in the Second part of the game (Venice), and I am at the very end and there is a cinematic that is supposed to play that transports the character to the third act (Cairo). I have done all necessary steps and checked against many walk-throughs to make sure I didn't miss any steps, but it will not let me leave and says "I still have something I need to do here"... but I don't. Further, I have gone back to previous Saved games and gone step by step, and I still am not able to proceed.

I really don't want to start this game over for a third time as I've already invested many hours getting to the point in the game I am currently in. Any one have a solution to fix this?

Thanks

i am having the same issue

[Post New]by pens36b on Mar 12, 11 11:14 AM
I'm stuck in Ciaro. the stupid kid won't give me a pencil. I had to start over once already due to the toner. I am not starting over again. Either there is a way to fix this or I want my game credit back.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 12, 11 11:41 AM
You have to know you need it.
Is the cloth up at the window? Have you cleaned it? Have you put the map over it so you can trace it?

Trace = pencil.

[Post New]by pens36b on Mar 12, 11 8:16 PM
She has asked him for a pencil but he never gives her one.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Need solution for tree of life filter buttons

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 13, 11 2:35 PM
monsterme wrote:I can't figure out what buttons to press on the tree of life filter. The walkthrough only shows a snapshot of the filter itself. Not the correct buttons depressed. Can anyone help?
I suggest you search for another walk through. There is one out there that tells you exactly how to solve this puzzle -- which buttons to push. If I remember correctly you have to push buttons so that you are never pushing a button that is beside another. Something like every other row?? Can't remember exact solution right now.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 13, 11 2:37 PM
pens36b wrote:She has asked him for a pencil but he never gives her one.
Click on the notebook and see if your dialogue is recorded correctly. If you have missing dialogue, this will not play correctly. In that case, exit out of the game. Start it again from an earlier save and try to play it through without fast clicking through dialogue.

[Post New]by FrancesRosie on Mar 16, 11 1:27 AM
You know I have been reading all the comments and will really look at comments in the future before buying any games......this game has not really been tested and seems to be a PIECE OF JUNK. If this game is so screwed up Big Fish should refund our money and take this off the web AND not have one on again like it until it is debgged.

I say why waste the time on a loser game?

Sorry Big FIsh.....this one is not working!!!!!

I'm stuck at trying to get the rod to open the bottom of the combination box way nearer towards the beginning!!!!!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 16, 11 1:24 PM
Hi Frances,
To get the ramrod out of the gun, right click the gun in inventory to bring it into its own window. Then click on the gun to get the ramrod loose.

I played the game all the way through without a glitch.
There is one "trick" to getting this game to play correctly. You must allow the dialogue to appear on the screen completely before clicking past it. If you click fast through the dialogue, it messes up the game.

To see if your game is working correctly -- not messed up -- click on the notebook upper right and look at the dialogue. If it is correct -- you're OK. If dialogue is missing -- your game is corrupted and will not complete correctly.

If missing dialogue, you must exit the game and then restart from an earlier save.

Go to: