SRitchie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by SRitchie on Jan 25, 11 4:04 PM
Sylvie has left the lecture hall and has spoken to the Carnivallers to learn how to get to Palazzo Celeste. They want an autograph so I tried to put the pen to her book for a "book with dedication" and it does not work. The game automatically takes me to the bridge to see "the Murderer" and when I try to put the pen with the book it still does not work. I checked a Walkthrough and this is what I am supposed to do, so it must be a technical problem sine the game will not let me progress any further. Guess I'll have to start over. . . bummer.

redbird34
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by redbird34 on Jan 25, 11 6:10 PM
I don't want to anger anyone, just give some food for thought. I used to have a lot of problems with my games also until I bought the latest game card I could find that is compatible with W7. Before I got it, even the cursor would act up.

chaka4
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life inventory issues

[Post New]by chaka4 on Jan 25, 11 7:40 PM
Hi everyone,

I had the same issue with the toner and the janitor. I ended up uninstalling, reinstalling and starting over.

Now I am having the same problem in Venice giving the lecture hall guy his papers and getting the keys from him. The dialogue says they gave each other the items, but the papers remain in my inventory and I don't have the keys to unlock the stock case.

What now? I really don't want to start over. I had a heck of a time with that darn block puzzle in in the hall. It took me forever and I really don't want to do that one again!

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by dibomb18 on Jan 25, 11 8:38 PM
I am trying to get the dye from Claire after giving the water to the inn keeper and talking to antoine. Claire is not in the exhibition hall... any thoughts??

48tex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by 48tex on Jan 25, 11 9:09 PM
This is the third time I have had to start the game over, but I am waiting for an answer before I do. The people in the costumes in the Plaza, I have talked to them, but cannot autograph the book, the game says "too bad I have no one to dedicate the book to"..This is the second time the game has stalled out in this scene. I want a refund of this game price to purchase another game. I also do not like the way the game moves, it takes too long to walk from scene to scene. It is just too many maneuvers. Try again Big Fish, this is the most disappointing game I have ever bought. J.King

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jan 25, 11 11:17 PM
48tex wrote:...The people in the costumes in the Plaza, I have talked to them, but cannot autograph the book, the game says "too bad I have no one to dedicate the book to"...I also do not like the way the game moves, it takes too long to walk from scene to scene.

Did Sylvie tell them she would get them an autographed copy? If she did, it is probably a glitch, if not, keep trying to talk to them. Also, if you double click Sylvie will run instead of walk to the next scene.

I haven't finished the game (got tired of it after restarting a few times), but there seem to be quite a few bugs having to do with the order in which things are done. The first time I restarted, in my haste to rush through all the dialog again, I spoke to Antoine before I had spoken to the director enough times and I couldn't ask Antoine for the toner (nor the flour). When I went back to speak to the director he (and Claire) was gone! Basically, you can't ask Antoine for the toner until the director tells you to and if you speak to Antoine before you ask the director first for toner, the director will leave, and you are stuck with nobody to get toner from. I did not play the first game and I can't believe this game is so screwed up!

[Post New]by Sharpeye_emmi on Jan 26, 11 3:24 PM
yep me too....no toner and cant talk to a soul,,,,,,really dont want to start again just for it to happen again¬¬¬¬ can I swap games????

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jan 26, 11 3:42 PM
Well I'm stuck AGAIN! Like someone else who posted previously, I'm in Gibraltar and Sarah says she gives me money for the parcel and I talk to the customs officer to get the parcel. After talking to both of them I have received neither the money nor the parcel and I can't talk to them anymore. I'm near the end of the game and I will not restart again. This game sucks! I requesting a refund!

[Post New]by babyscruffy on Jan 27, 11 3:07 AM
I finished the Relief Puzzle and got the seeds. When I try to get on the gondola it won't let me. Keeps saying "I still have something to do here..." I've exhausted all my conversations with the count, did the plank-thing and observed every possible "?" area. But it seems I can't get to Cairo and "run" as instructed by the Count. Any ideas?

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by lilac11 on Jan 28, 11 7:39 AM
Baybear wrote:I"m not getting the mask or flare from the masked partiers in Venice. I gave them the autographed book and the woman mentions the flare, but then all converation is ended and nothing goes into inventory (I scrolled the inventory arrows and nothing new was there). I went back and forth and tried to talk to them again, but no conversation was allowed and no mask or flare. I loaded an earlier portion of the game and "came through again" using the walkthrough, but again... no mask or flare were given. Sounds like a bunch of bugs in this one.

[Post New]by lilac11 on Jan 28, 11 7:41 AM
I am having exactly the same problem! I have already restarted the game twice because I couldnt get the toner off Antoine...cant bear to start all over again!!

[Post New]by crispn22 on Jan 28, 11 7:47 AM
I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 7:55:12 AM PST

[Post New]by Luv2Solve on Jan 28, 11 8:43 PM
Elirana wrote:
jlroeder wrote:Ok, doesn't look like anyone has had the problem I am having....I can't get the chest open ....I have listened to the dictaphone...talked to Claire several times....looked at the jupiter thing and the gale pictures....but the chest still won't open! What am I doing wrong?????

Set the clocks in order that was given, ie Gale, Jupiter, Date from Claire. Gale no. is on board, Jupiter no. is on ceiling of hall. If Claire hasn't told you her special date then you have to do other things to trigger it. A tip...press the dial and not the hands on the clocks of the chest. The hands move Lt. or Rt. depending which side you click. Took me a while to realise not to try moving the hands. LOL

Good luck...you'll need it with all the gremlins in this game.

No matter what I do, can't enter combo. Only allowed 3 total clicks. Gives me message: "Too many combinations...it requires more than a bit of luck."

Frustrated!!! Will ask for refund if can't get it to work. Sounds like a really messed up game.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 8:49:36 PM PST

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jan 29, 11 5:40 AM
I have not gotten to play the game at all, because the demo expired the first time I tried to play it. I uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, clicked the "play now" button with 60 minutes of playtime remaining, and immediately got the "Time's up" screen. I don't like to buy games untried, and I'm wary of what it might do if bought it having had this glitch.

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by colieleigh on Jan 29, 11 6:13 PM
sarge464646 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

Having this same issue, any answers to this yet?

[Post New]by LynFrench on Jan 30, 11 1:50 PM
jude64 wrote:
sarge464646 wrote:I finished the tree relief in the palace, found the seeds, talked to the count, and he told me to run. When I try to get in the gondola, I get "I can't leave yet, there is something else I need to do here". I also picked up the stone pieces under the window, and restored the Mary Celeste plank. Help please!

me too I've posted Big Fish tech support and am waiting for a reply

Told to go to Cairo and cannot leave also told more to do? Would like advice please. Have done all restoration,seeds etc?

jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jodda on Feb 1, 11 12:22 AM
Claribel wrote:Having read through all the other posts I can see that I have just encountered the same inventory issue that many other players have had - i.e. when a character automatically gives/receives inventory items. I can still pick up inventory items and use them but anything that the game should transfer between players at key points has stopped working, which means I am now stuck where I am in the game. I note that the official advice is to start again with a new profile - but I am at the end of the fourth chapter in Gibraltar and that advice is just annoying after quite a lot of hours of gameplay.

Where I am, Sylvie should have automatically transferred cash/cheque to Sarah, then Sarah should give some money back which Sylvie uses to pay to pick up a parcel. None of this is happening - yesterday the first cash transfer from Sylvie to Sarah happened fine, now none of those steps works, and I've gone back to an earlier save and the first cash transfer doesn't happen either.

BFG - it's just not good enough to say that something must have updated. Your games should be robust enough to remain playable under simple update circumstances, which is a regular occurrence in the software world these days.

Not happy and will say so in other forums too!

jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jodda on Feb 1, 11 12:26 AM
jodda wrote:
Claribel wrote:Having read through all the other posts I can see that I have just encountered the same inventory issue that many other players have had - i.e. when a character automatically gives/receives inventory items. I can still pick up inventory items and use them but anything that the game should transfer between players at key points has stopped working, which means I am now stuck where I am in the game. I note that the official advice is to start again with a new profile - but I am at the end of the fourth chapter in Gibraltar and that advice is just annoying after quite a lot of hours of gameplay.

Where I am, Sylvie should have automatically transferred cash/cheque to Sarah, then Sarah should give some money back which Sylvie uses to pay to pick up a parcel. None of this is happening - yesterday the first cash transfer from Sylvie to Sarah happened fine, now none of those steps works, and I've gone back to an earlier save and the first cash transfer doesn't happen either.

BFG - it's just not good enough to say that something must have updated. Your games should be robust enough to remain playable under simple update circumstances, which is a regular occurrence in the software world these days.

Not happy and will say so in other forums too!

I am at the same place on my second attempt ....I got as far as trying to put the map in the consol the first time but there was no auto transfer to the air ship

jodda
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jodda on Feb 1, 11 4:14 AM
well well I finally finished it I went back to where I had to feed the dog (a save) and then matched the talk with what I had to do like ( I tried to start the fuel thing but didn't put in the salt) I went back and she told me about the salt and the valvue, I went to the police station and talked to both me and the package with the valuve came into my inventory then I went and made the fuel, then said goodbye and I was in the air ship, then I went out and opened the roof every thing worked from then on
I hope this make sense to you lol........ very good game I think the glitches are because things are done ahead of the dialogue

[Post New]by gamegoodfun on Feb 1, 11 2:43 PM
I bought and started from beginning after the demo. My problem is that after I save, I lose all sound. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and that seemed to fix it, until I tried saving where I was and then all sound gone again. I've tried all the usual fixes. It seems that the only way it will let me keep the sound is if I uninstall, reinstall, then play the game all the way through without ever turning it off. That sucks as it ties up my whole computer.

Go to: