Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bsdixon97 on Jan 21, 11 7:40 AM
BFG YOU GUYS ROCK !! Any issue I've ever had has been corrected to my satisfaction and Treasure Seekers was another example. Sure I would have liked to be able to play it more yesterday but you came through and I'll finish it today. Thank You.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 21, 11 8:01 AM
I love this game series. I've played them all since the very first ones. This one did not disappoint, other than a technical glitch (since solved) that paused game action for 1/2 a day.

As always, the storyline is intriguing enough to motivate you to keep going; this one has a great twist towards the end that I couldn't have anticipated anywhere along the way given how the story has built from the past episodes.

The graphics were well done, HOG scenes not too blended and most of the sequences in the game play were something I could figure out without help from the Strategies Guide. In fact, I didn't discover it until close to the end of the second or perhaps the 3rd chapter when I bumped into the glitch and got stuck until BF techies fixed the problem.

Good cut scenes, non-intrusive music and good all-over design made this a most enjoyable game.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 21, 11 8:03 AM
Jolly6 wrote:I love this series and from what I'm reading on the forum, this one won't disappoint. But, is a Collector's Edition really worth the extra $? I never feel like I'm missing much when I wait and buy the standard game. Am I wrong? Advice, please!

The complete Strategy Guide included is part of what makes this a CE. The bonus game at the end is well worth it as well.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Jan 21, 11 8:15 AM
Well I was thrilled when the temple glitch was fixed BUT once I got the smoke out of the temple It would not open the hidden object scene at the gates for me...so I then tried to replay from that section and still nada...so now I am uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that works...if not I guess I will contact CS for a refund.

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Jan 21, 11 8:15 AM
I did not like the game, I expected more. After these successful pieces earlier this game is just boring. To play a little, but not bought. I'll wait for the regular version.

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jan 21, 11 8:58 AM
I agree with all of you on different comments, such as why games have to come out first as CEs, I don't want to clutter my computer with extra space; I just want to play a good and long game, and spend extra for the extras, I don't think so. Please BF bring the games as SE so that people like me can afford to enjoy the great games. I have also noticed that most of the good games come out as CE first, and I'm not very happy with it, especially when it is a great game and I have to wait to see if it comes out as SE, and that's a lot later.

My other opinions: about posting your comments, I don't care who post first, I just want whoever played the game to give me some information about what's going on on the games so that I can make up my mind about "to buy or not to buy", though I always demo the game, regardless of anyone's opinion, but knowing how you feel, definitely, helps me decides better.

I also feel the same regarding posting. I have been a member of BF for a long while and very seldom post anything. I mainly read your comments, like I said before. However, If I have something that I find it is important and I must say it, then, I will. Tha

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Jan 21, 11 9:00 AM
Cont....

Sorry, ran out of space. You see, I even forget that I cannot continue writing without running out of space.

Anywhoo, I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL, for taking your time to express your most important thoughts. It is very appreciated by me and all others here, as I've notice.

YOU ALL ARE DOING A GREAT SERVICE to all of us.

KEEP UP WITH THE GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOOING.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Jan 21, 11 9:15 AM
barbee44 wrote:
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.

PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.

For heaven's sake, stop your ranting. The Collectors Editions offer extras that the Standard Editions do not have; there is nothing unreasonable about charging more for them. And you always have the option to wait and choose the Standard Edition when it comes out.

That being said, I do agree with one point you made: using two Game Club credits to buy CEs sounds reasonable to me.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 21, 11 10:16 AM
Not to beat a dead horse but I just want to say to you all this is here so everybody can post their reviews. I read all reviews before trying any games and value everybody's. Based on the current reviews I will try although I am a bit nervous about glitches as that keeps coming up.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 21, 11 10:25 AM
Scottsteaux63 wrote:The Collectors Editions offer extras that the Standard Editions do not have;
You know , i don't care about wallpaper , soundtrack,screensawer or strategy guide . I just want to see the extra gameplay content in the standard editions .

Jolly6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jolly6 on Jan 21, 11 1:43 PM
Thanks Sonofstar. I may not get the CE for this one, but for the more complicated ones having the strategy guide "built in" would help a lot. And who doesn't love a bonus game?

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jan 21, 11 2:43 PM
Love this game; sure hope there is another chapter. This is type of excellent HOG that make you want to buy the collector's edtion. Please bring more out like this.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Jan 21, 11 3:39 PM
barbee44 wrote:

Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

On a lighter note petrol here (gas to you in the US) is USD$5.23 gal.

I like the TS series and will probably buy as an se just to complete the collection even though by the reading of some reviews it's probably only a 2-21/2hr game play.
I like the construction type game play but do agree the change of cursor when an item is found gives the game away too easily.
And on the subject of CEs I've only bought 2, one by mistake and Drawn ark Flight because I just could not wait. I currently have a list of 3 that I am waiting for the se's to come out because I found there was no real extra value in paying an extra NZD$10 for the CE.
Well off to finish 13th Skull - hour 5 and counting.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 21, 11 3:59 PM
The game was good - but not good enough for a CE. I would like to be able to use 2 game credits for a CE also (though even if we could I would not do it for this particular game). Maybe we should all send an EMAIL to Customer Support on a certain day and say WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE 2 GAME CREDITS FOR A C.E. GAME PLEASE BFG PLEASE! LOL If they have sold a BILLION games so far, I would think it wouldn't be any skin off of their noses to acom-o-date us! Just my opinion of course!

Also, is it just me or has anyone else out there been having trouble opening the DD lately? Though why I care when they have been the dreaded TM games almost all month is beyond me but still.... I like to at least look

Edited on 01/21/2011 at 4:02:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jan 21, 11 7:51 PM
The slowest bit was the area with the choice between 2 doors. That area seemed to slow my graphics down a bit. A little more choppy. All the rest of the game ran very smooth.

I'm gonna go on a limb and assume the beginning of the next sequel will concentrate on how our heroine changed the "bad" guys' mind to save the Earth. Not necessarily a change of heart for the former villain, just a break in narrative. Sorta like a Mr. Burns' change of heart.

Excellent.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Jan 21, 11 10:10 PM
well i played the demo and loved it...will buy as a collectors edition
cant really afford it...but cant resist
i dont really like buying collectors editions..cant really afford them..but the bonus game looks a fairly decent length
anyway thanks big fish...i really love this game
ps...not sure if im supposed to say this..but i just beta tested the new dream chronicles...' the book of water ''.......and it is FABULOUS,,much better than book of air

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Jan 21, 11 10:15 PM
first time commenting in a forum, but I just wanted to add my twobits . I too think Treasurer seeker 'the time has come' is very good. I have aquired the two previous ones and I am seriuosly thinking of buying this one. Which is why I look into these forums, to get a feel for how everone else feels about the game and wether it is worth getting.. I appreciate everyones comments.

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Jan 21, 11 11:03 PM
I own all the other Treasure seekers games and really like them, MMMMM this one not so much. The Xray glass drove me nuts ! you know what to do next but you cant because you have to wait for it to be available!!!. I will buy it but not the CE version.

Edited on 01/21/2011 at 11:04:00 PM PST

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Jan 22, 11 12:29 AM
I usually do not post anything about specific games because I am not the most adept player. I have been buying BF games for about 2 years now and prefer the Hidden Object/Puzzle types. I, too, am tired of not being able to use credits because we can't use credits to buy CE's. I suggested to BF WAY BACK when one of the first ones came out to allow us to use 2 credits. They said they were working on it. I know it has been WAY over a year.
Also, one of my biggest concerns is that if I buy the SE, I have no way of knowing just how much extra game-play was included in the CE, so I don't know what or how much extra was missed. I don't need backgrounds or extra music, I am just buying for the extra gameplay...and because I don't want to wait.
I have seen other sites post their new games, and at least one site posts the CE and SE the same day. I wish BF would let us make up our minds instead of making us wait for the SE ones. (The last SE I wanted to buy took OVER a month to become available on BF.)
BF, we spend a lot of money on these sites, and many of us play these games to avoid going nuts while unemployed. Thanks for listening.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 22, 11 5:48 AM
Very disappointing. I, too, liked the other Treasure Seekers games, so I bought this one and am now sorry . I found it way too easy. I didn't like the fact that it guided me to what to do next (sparkles; go to the past; go to the future; etc.) I always like a challenge in a game, and I wasn't challenged by this one. I like the circles, but the items were not difficult to find. The puzzles were also not challenging..I didn't need to look at the SG once - very unusual for me. Just my opinion - other fishes may really like it!

Gail

Go to: