unhappyplayer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure technical issues here only

[Post New]by unhappyplayer on Jan 23, 11 2:53 PM
I'm having the same problem with the bat also, have clicked all over the bat and the beam and to no avail. AND I have already purchased the game. Whose going to fix this? Should I just go to customer support?

petal62
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure technical issues here only

[Post New]by petal62 on Jan 23, 11 3:03 PM
i also cant see the list

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Jan 23, 11 4:19 PM
Well, I'm the umpteenth one that cannot get the baseball bat. A shame. I saw White Birds and based on a Benoit Sokal character and was ready to play this game. Not much chance of that.

SRitchie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by SRitchie on Jan 23, 11 4:20 PM
Haven't even played the game ten minutes and already there's a problem picking up objects so that I cannot progress. Hitting the hint button or quitting and restarting the game doesn't help either. Seeing others on the forum having the same problem only makes me want to play even less. This one's going in the trash. This is the first time I've had a technical problem with a game on this site.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 23, 11 4:31 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:I can't believe this...another sub-standard game put out! This is truly getting old. I used to look forward to getting into BFG every morning just to see what cool game was out. Now I dread it, because even if the game is cool IT DOESN'T PLAY!

Now that I have that out of my system.....I am with the rest....cannot pick up the darn bat! On top of that.....the hint button just says that I need to find the items on the list.....it does NOT show WHERE these items are. Honestly...I like to have never found the blasted phone!

Come on, BF....please. This is getting to be far too frequent. I don't know what's going on in the Big Pond, but please, get back to what you used to be....THE BEST game site.

Well, off to play one of my older games. I've about replayed all of them lately!

Have a good day fishies!

Don't hit the "Hint" sign, click inside the circle for the hint to work.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Jan 23, 11 4:35 PM
I had trouble with the bat, too. After I closed the game and went back I picked it up on the first click. I'm going to wait too, before I buy. I'm tired of pampering these games.

pjp107
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pjp107 on Jan 23, 11 4:37 PM
I too had trouble picking up items..they had to be at a certain spot. The problem I am having is in the basement. There is no box that should have the pliers to get thru the window bars. This is end of chapter 2 where walkthru shows #7 pick up in box on right side of room.

sugar08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sugar08 on Jan 23, 11 5:31 PM
The bat problem is a deal breaker in my opinion. Have tried all the techniques everyone has recommended and still unable to get the darn thing. Looks like would be a great adventure but is a NO BUY for me until that problem is corrected. Have used most of the trial period trying to get a bat........

[Post New]by Kerrlytop on Jan 23, 11 5:51 PM
I have clicked on the bat everyway possible and can't get it. Will not continue
this game because of this.

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jan 23, 11 7:13 PM
i Had problems picking up the phone, the bat I must have clicked everywhere on the bat before I got it by clicking on the wall to the left of the bat. Then it was the glasses, and i also had a problem with the keys it was so far to the top of the screen that the cursor changed and kicked me out of the game when i clicked.

Sorry, I thought this would be a good game but with all these glitches its a no buy for me.

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Jan 23, 11 8:52 PM
Never had a problem before with any BFG but when I download the game I get a small window in the upper left hand corner of my screen that I can't even see the entire area (ie where to sign in for the game, etc) Was very excited as this looks to be a fantastic game judging from its' size. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same problem. Any suggestions?

blackgsd
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by blackgsd on Jan 23, 11 9:00 PM
I uninstalled, reinstalled and managed to get rid of the bat by clicking to the right of it, not on the bat itself. I've noticed that several of the hotspots are not right on the items and they are small. The game is slightly sluggish and some of the items are not just small, they're tiny and others are too vague to really resemble what they're supposed to be (case in point, the microscope in the attic). But this game is beautiful. I'm ready to move into grandma's office. Decided to buy it.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Jan 24, 11 1:40 AM
Yet another game with no game cursor. ..... so sadly can't play this one. Is it too much to ask developers to build a game cursor into the game instead of relying on the system cursor.... so many variations on systems means that there is no such thing as the perfect system.... and if a game cursor is provided, there is no problem. Ah well, guess I will have to wait for the next game. Have fun with this one fishies.. don't know if it is any good.

[Post New]by jackie1971 on Jan 24, 11 4:40 AM
I got all the way to finding the third tablet before demo ran out, with the help of my fellow fishies I was able to get the bat! Thank you so much. Think I will not be buying this game as it seems too short. You only have to find 8 tablets and I was on number 4 when it finished!

luckiesub
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by luckiesub on Jan 24, 11 6:56 AM
can't pickup the bat why ?

lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

No inventory list

[Post New]by lax1822 on Jan 24, 11 7:39 AM
I quit the demo before the 60 minutes and when I went back to the game there was no inventory list.

Is this a new issue?

[Post New]by lulu999 on Jan 24, 11 8:00 AM
Ridiculously dark - the only way to pick up some items was to wait for the hint to recharge

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by dtouchton on Jan 24, 11 8:28 AM
bribling wrote:After reading the comments i went back and clicked on every bit of that bat and even on the joist but could not pick it up. I got a bouncing finger for my efforts.

I had trouble picking up the last piece of the letter and now can't pick up the phone. Bouncing finger is annoying!

[Post New]by LaraWright on Jan 24, 11 5:14 PM
In the beginning of the game in the office it says the dask would be a good place to start so I click on the desk and the screen goes black and after a minute it shuts down.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jan 24, 11 6:03 PM
Hey Fishies........I've almost run out my tIme on the demo. The bat and the glasses were a real pain. When I came to the forum I saw how some of you are having trouble as I was and some seemed to have no problem. When I went back to do the last few minutes I tried clicking in the general vicinity of the item and it seemed to work better. Maybe we're trying too hard to hit the "hot spot" when just a quick click in the area close to the object is what they want..............Worth a try!
Happy Gaming! Ridnhi

Go to: