lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 24, 11 10:05 AM
you want be sorry to buy this game, many hours of fun, I love this game..plz don't give up..Happy Gaming little fishes in the pond!!!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 24, 11 11:55 AM
Demo only
After I exited and reentered game I finally got that pesky bat!! No more real problems after that --a couple of items were hard to pick up, but doable.

This is primarily a HOG game with a "little" interaction and inventory items to use. The adventure is in the story not the game play.

Graphics good, but grainy and items were difficult to find in the huge room scenes. Some of the close-up H0 scenes had very good graphics while others quite grainy. Possibly intentional????

Linear game play. No exploring and wandering. One H0 scene with words, the next with silhouettes. Find a key, use a key, open a door, advance to next room type of play. There were a couple of puzzles in the 60 min that I played.

The music was very quiet and did not detract from play, but did not add either. While looking forward to this game, I found it quite boring. However, those who enjoy pretty straight forward HOGs will enjoy this game.

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 12:00:11 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 24, 11 12:35 PM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is IHOG with some HOG and minigames. There are objects which are hard to find and dark. The hint recharges which is a good thing. The storyline is well written, but kind of uninteresting.

This game is a B.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 24, 11 12:39 PM
Very nice relaxing ihog with great graphic. I like this game, so its a buy for me

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Jan 24, 11 4:25 PM
Found it a little on the dull side.... ok but not great, I rate it 2.5 out of 5...

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jan 24, 11 9:26 PM
An interesting game - not quite the same as all of the others - there are different hidden object objectives - some fragment, some list, some silouhette (sp...) music is unobtrusive, and there is a brightness slider in the options menu.

As many others have stated, it may be a bit tricky to pick up an item or two, but, don't freak out and go clicky crazy - just try the item, then a bit further away - just click around a bit and you'll get it - doesn't take but a couple of seconds.

The screen worked well - I had no issues with not being able to see anything - the entire game loaded quickly for a large file.

The graphics are different - they aren't bad - just different. Some items are tiny, but the rechargeable hint works well for those.

There is very little hand-holding. Pay attention to what Kate says - it helps a lot - for the rest, it's fun to figure it out for yourself.

I'd give it between 3 and 1/2 and 4 stars, out of 5. Some are going to really love this game and some aren't - just like all of the other games we all play

loveday
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by loveday on Jan 25, 11 12:54 AM
Hey Fishes, Thanks for the tips on the screen type for this game - running on a netbook 1024 x 600 screen - so i know this ones not going to happen for me

My favorite game of all time is Syberia by Benoit Sokol - so I'm definitely interested in checking out this game. Haven't downloaded yet, but hopefully everything will run fine on my computer. If there are any fishies out there who haven't tried the Syberia series of games, do so as soon as possible - wonderful games!!by kalalika on January 24, 8:28 AM

Checked out the game but not download as no trial - Does anyone know what the resolution for this one is?? Got plenty of data to waste but not my money - rather waste it on Siberia as seems to be a quite popular comment on this thread,

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 1:05:46 AM PST

phlsteen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by phlsteen on Jan 25, 11 8:22 AM
Found this one boring, dull, and repetitive. Not a buy. Managed 25 minutes of the demo before I uninstalled.

dragnet1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dragnet1 on Jan 25, 11 9:55 AM
I only lasted 20 minutes. I just found it so boring. Uninstalled.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 25, 11 1:26 PM
Actually I bought it cos I loved the graphics and thought it was a bit different. It isn't. I'm ploughing my way thru this game - and am so sorry to be doing so when so much work has gone into it it. But I'm bored.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 26, 11 11:02 AM
Finally finished. Skipped the end cos |I was so fed up. Very disappointed. I play most games at least twice. this one won't be replayed.

vt380
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by vt380 on Jan 26, 11 12:50 PM
I just finished this game, it was pretty easy and interesting. If you have problems clicking on items, just move your curser a little below the item and you will be able to pick it up. I did have to use the forum a couple of times, but all in all it was pretty easy. I was a little disappointed in the ending, I was expecting something a little more exciting, but from 1-5, I will give it a 4. Enjoy. vt380

[Post New]by harekut on Jan 26, 11 12:55 PM
Found this game a total dissappointment and BORING!!!!!!

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Jan 26, 11 5:44 PM
Unless you really love HOGs, don't but this game. It is HOG after HOG after HOG. There are a few simple puzzles here and there, but nothing challenging.
This game is boring. No sense of discovery or excitement. Everything is laid out in a straight linear manner. The graphics are nice but not great, No plot what so ever. Just HOGs. How Benoit Sokol could sell his name for this boring compilation is beyond me. Before I got this sad excuse for a game I played Stroke of Midnight, which was vastly superior. It had a story line with plot twists and novel puzzles.
This game was a freebie so I didn't lose any cash on it. Live and learn.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jan 26, 11 6:20 PM
Huge disappointment for a game that could have been quite good. I wouldn't say the graphics are good when they are so tiny you can't find them! Thought maybe I missed something and tried it a 2nd time --- nope. Pass, Pass and Pass.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 26, 11 8:05 PM
Items are really small and hard to find. The hint button takes a long time to recharge and the most annoying part of the game is you can click on the item several times and it still won't pick up. Not for me.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Jan 27, 11 6:16 AM
besstan wrote:this game not for me sorry besstan

How disappointing, after downloading that huge demo all you get is one HOG-list
after another. No buy for me

[Post New]by sweetazpii on Jan 28, 11 2:21 AM
10 mins of boredom and then it's deleted, I'm afraid. Yes the graphics are nice, but the game overall is very dull and the cursor as a 'finger' was slow to respond. It often picks up items only in a very particular place, so you have to find it just the right spot on the item before it will collect. Items are too small. It took a while to download because it was so large, so it's annoying that it's such a dreadful game.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jan 28, 11 12:40 PM
What finally did it for me (even with the tiny items, the tiny cursor and the problems picking things up) was the scene in the library where the only way to get to items was to click on the Hint button - otherwise you couldn't even get to them.
I'm desperate to fill up my second punch card - but not this desperate!

braedan05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by braedan05 on Jan 29, 11 5:28 PM
I'm not usually one to post here but this was by far the slowest, most boring waste of time that I have ever experienced in game playing. Beautiful scenery, loved the scrolling but otherwise a disappointment.

Go to: