Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Feb 3, 11 11:09 PM
I agree with the fishes that this isn't Royal Envoy, but it is a pleasant game--it took me about four hours the first time (a little over three on replays), and it is not overly hard, though I still have to replay several levels to get the gold on them. I especially enjoy the "entertainment" parts of the game--the dinosaur is charming (I want to ride him too!), and I like being able to send the characters to the spa and the theater and the bar for R&R. Also, I would say that the game is more consistent in difficulty than Island Tribe, which has two devilishly hard levels, though the rest is quite easy. I do wish we had the option of playing a woman instead of a man, but I guess that would make the final scenes more difficult to conceptualize for the developers!

[Post New]by kmcbrair on Feb 10, 11 3:31 PM
I also find myself extremely annoyed with the perpetual tutorial - after the first time, it's like having to constantly swat at a pesky fly. A casual mode option would be nice. This is a big minus for what is basically a very fun game.

honkq
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honkq on Feb 11, 11 9:58 PM
This is a fun game. Lots to do and the characters are really cute. Play style is similar to My Kingdom for The Princess. I really enjoy this play style. This is one is going on my list to buy when I can afford to.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Feb 12, 11 7:03 PM
this may be a cute game but it still isn't ROYAL ENVOY!! I really don't like time management for the most part but royal envoy was the best game!! I am still playing it. I think Ill just wait for royal envoy 2!

[Post New]by were_witch on Feb 20, 11 6:14 PM
I really like this game, it is so cute! I got a gold star on every level! Whoo Hoo!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 21, 11 3:27 AM
This is fun and very simple..not alot of thinking or time management stuff going on. It's cute though.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Feb 23, 11 5:22 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It plays in relax mode. You can replay any level of the game...important only if you want to obtain the last trophy to achieve a perfect game rating. I love the dinosauer...it reminds me of Dino in the Flintstones.

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

I Love this game!!! It is so CUTE!!!

[Post New]by marloflip on Feb 24, 11 12:43 AM
It is realy funny as well, I think it comes close to Gardenscapes which is THE cutest game I have ever played!
Nice to play something light and happy after all the dark ihogs lately.

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Feb 25, 11 1:30 PM
whew. I thought this game would be easy...not. have had to play several of levels over to finish within the goal. fun enough for the price. wish another RE would come out though.

pd54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pd54 on Feb 25, 11 1:44 PM
I like the game but it keeps stalling and you can't move on. Thats frustrating. i have deleted the game, reinstalled the game changed players name and still too many problems. Not worth the time to get a couple of levels and then not be able to go on.

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Mar 4, 11 3:26 PM
I really enjoyed this game a lot! It's not Royal Envoy (as others have stated), but it sure is close. It's easier, in my opinion, but still lots of fun.

I got more confused with this game as to what my objectives were each round, but with the exception of two or three levels, I was able to complete gold on the first or second go around.

Those of you who don't like timers, the timer is only if you want to reach gold. I'm not sure the benefits of reaching gold. I know on Royal Envoy, if you reach gold on all levels, you can play them all again on "expert" level. That isn't true with this game. So...not sure of the point. I was also a little put off by the ending but...I guess it opened the door for a sequel?

Nonetheless, it was a fun game. I spent a couple days on it (playing here and there) and am definitely glad I spent the money on it.

Looking forward to part 2!

odder
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by odder on Mar 9, 11 3:51 AM
JoAT will be much interesting with more magic themes like in Magic Life

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/11097/magic-life/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

mimito3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mimito3 on Mar 24, 11 9:00 PM
How do you use the items you collect in the hidden object part of the game? Example...saw, cookbook, sneakers etc?

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 9, 11 8:26 PM
mimito3 wrote:How do you use the items you collect in the hidden object part of the game? Example...saw, cookbook, sneakers etc?

You don't use the objects, which is perhaps one of the reasons this game is easier than the My Kingdom for a Princess games: once you get the shoes, saw, etc., they automatically make your play faster, etc.

I agree that this game is easier than My Kingdom and Royal Envoy, but it's pleasant and not too challenging (but challenging enough). And I still want to ride the dinosaur...!

Zemane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Zemane on May 11, 11 8:35 AM
i like this game a lot... very clever

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Fun but too short

[Post New]by Nocturne on May 15, 11 11:05 PM
I liked this game enough to play it 3 times in a row. Yes, it does go dark when the timer is almost out--but then you replay the same level until you can beat the time so it never goes dark. I'm not sure what that very last scene was for--where all the chiefs and shaman (shamen?) hang around thanking you and saying goodbye--twould have been nice if at the very end you returned to the rollercoaster ride. Also, Rainbow and Jack's banter was cute the first time around but I would have liked to skip it after that first run through, twas unnecessary. Even the chiefs and shaman chatter was not necessary the next time around--you already knew what to do. And for some reason, the little workers didn't always respond when I clicked on the food or a house burning or a pile of logs that needed to be picked up. I'd lose some levels because I had clicked on a house to be upgraded and then moved on to deal with the hairy invaders thinking the workers were upgrading that house, only to find out that they hadn't responded, delaying the finish by a few seconds (which is a win or lose situation). And in one or two of the level, and maybe this is random, a great proportion of the workers wanted to go drinking or ride the dino instead of work--which annoyed me a lot since time was of the essence (and they could relax or get drunk after we won the level!). And there was at least one level (toward the end) where all the goals had been won or exceeded yet no one showed up to say "you have to do this now" and the timer kept going for another minute before it finally did the fireworks and ended--kind of weird.

I haven't been able to "get gold" in either "My Kingdom for the Princess" games which are very similar to this one, and I loved Royal Envoy (another like this game). So, can anyone suggest other games like these? Thanks.

[Post New]by BlueyesTammie on May 16, 11 1:57 AM
My nephew came over and just had to have this game. He says I think your really going to like this one. I loved it, played it 3 times already. Great game, keeps you thinking and busy.

Goldgrl87
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Goldgrl87 on May 22, 11 6:36 PM
[i] I loved this game! It was so cute and not too easy and not too hard. On most levels I got expert but on the levels I didn't I could still see when it got darker. The only problem I had was the annoying talking the man and woman kept doing, I didn't even bother reading what they said I just kept clicking until they shut up and kept playing.

[Post New]by Trixxter on Jun 28, 11 12:52 PM
Loved this game! So cute and fun. Recently got into strategy games, but found some of them to be a little repetative, and most importantly restrictive But this one gives great varitey with the little HOG scenes, and the side missions by the little mini chiefs Little short, but overall really solid game, no bugs and just hard enough! Next time, though, more challenging trophies please! Little short on replayability over here

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 1, 11 8:51 PM
This game was so cute! I found myself eager to play the next level every time I finished one because I wanted to see what new terrain there was and what new buildings there were to build or sites to explore. The art is adorable, and I love the sense of humour in the game, especially Jack's!

This is a much easier game than similar ones in the genre (Royal Envoy, the Timebuilders games) and I usually got the expert time on the first try, or if I didn't I'd almost always get it on the second attempt. It's not so easy that you can play slowly and still get expert, though. You can also ignore the timer if you want as you can still complete the level after it runs down.

One unique part of the game was the inclusion of special sites you can explore and it's a hidden object scene, like the ones in Gardenscapes. You get shown the images of three items at a time, and the faster you find them, the higher your score.

Overall, a cute game that I really enjoyed despite it being fairly easy.

Go to: