rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jan 28, 11 10:36 PM
I have GOTTA be nuts! But I am gonna buy this wacky game! It is annoying and frustrating and loaded with busy scenes that make you cross eyed! But figglydips! It's FUN! A pain in the tookus, but FUN! It will take me a long time to complete, because I finished the Patio scene with 8 minutes left on the demo when the Gym scene started up. Holy milk duds! I did play the first one and loved it! I was sitting gritting my teeth trying to find the items, found myself staring at all the animation...and well...it went and just reeled me in. Okay fishies...have mercy on this old lady...this one will drive me nuts!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 29, 11 12:02 AM
rhonayotte wrote:I have GOTTA be nuts! But I am gonna buy this wacky game! It is annoying and frustrating and loaded with busy scenes that make you cross eyed! But figglydips! It's FUN! A pain in the tookus, but FUN! It will take me a long time to complete, because I finished the Patio scene with 8 minutes left on the demo when the Gym scene started up. Holy milk duds! I did play the first one and loved it! I was sitting gritting my teeth trying to find the items, found myself staring at all the animation...and well...it went and just reeled me in. Okay fishies...have mercy on this old lady...this one will drive me nuts!

I'm with you rhonayotte LOL. If this old lady isn't around the forums or out of my apartment for a week or more, no need to cal 911. I'll still be here near comatose staring at all the wonder. Not bored, nor dozed off, just amused with this incredible 10 ring circus. And I get to play with them too. Sometimes, when I come to. I stretched Mishap1 out a week, this may be good for a month. I won't have to wander around lost without a map though, really appreciate those doors, like, Adventures for Dummies..."walk this way."

Bedazzled and puzzled.

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 29, 11 12:02 AM
This is just not my type of game.

I felt like I was dropped into an Oriental "Alice in Wonderland". I am not a fan of This much HOGs. Adventure is more up my alley.
Too much animation. too confusing. and very annoying sound effects.

It does seem as though a lot of people did enjoy this though. So I guess it is just a matter of taste. I am wondering if this game appeals more to the younger set than us older folks. I may be completely wrong in this but, there is just too much going on for me. So - not buy for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 29, 11 1:05 AM
I am 74 going on 14 - again.

Can't speak for all the other "elders" here but you know who you are

Taste. maybe we just need something to keep us awake?

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jan 29, 11 1:29 AM
I played this for exactly 5 mins and then deleted it off my machine.

I didn't care for it all, though I tried.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 29, 11 2:50 AM
I'd say a matter of taste more than of age - I'm 50 years old myself...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 29, 11 4:23 AM
I am with Rebeca_Lily and cherbtoo. I just didn´t care for this game. I really disliked the first one, and this one hasn´t improved. Don´t care for all the movement, the small items, and don´t like the graphics nor the colours. Sorry, but this is a no-buy for me.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jan 29, 11 4:57 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

Well, this certainly is a comment, isn't it?

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 4:58:29 AM PST

Surly1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Surly1 on Jan 29, 11 6:23 AM
I must've missed the 1st "Haunting" , so when I tried the demo of this one, my initial reaction was "Holy Cow! Can they have anything else going on in this one? My old eyes were buggin'. Then, on a whim, I decided to try the 1st Mishap - and I loved it! So, I bought that one, and of course, had to come back and buy this one as well Sure glad I did!

Of the 2 games, I think I enjoyed the 1st one more - it seemed longer to me, and slightly more difficult than this one, but all in all - both are definitely good games, and for the price, you are getting a lot of action.

Certainly not a game for everyone due to the wild lights and animation, but this middle-aged lady LOVES 'EM!!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Jan 29, 11 7:01 AM
Hi all.

I am in the ??? is this game about but laughing out loud all the way through brigade.

I can not give a review as I am still trying to suss out what is going on, but it is good.

The Guisha ghost sounds just like Mimi from "Allo Allo" & the guy in Chapter two looks the spit of the butler in Joseph & his technicoloured coat LOL

The Ghosts histories are ROFL funny.

Bonkers, absolutely bonkers but brilliant at the same time.

Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Rage74 on Jan 29, 11 7:24 AM
I was, at first, pleasantly surprised by this game. One of my problems of late is the games are just too "laggy" - now I didn't have the problem with "13th Skull" or "Dire Grove" just to give you an idea, though I am using an older machine here. Still, it's been bothersome to realize I'll have to start shelling out cash just so I can play new games.

Anyway...this game was NOT laggy (at first). The hidden object scenes performed optimally, I love the graphics and artwork, and the lights and movement, while somewhat distracting, have never bothered me much. I was clipping along and had pretty well decided to purchase the game when...

First mini game. Or I suppose mini-boss challenge would be the better term. I was not expecting a sudden dump into a "Space Invaders" style game and to make things worse, the lag finally showed up. My "shooter" was not as responsive as I felt it should be, I hit absolutely NOTHING, not one single parachuting man. They started landing on the bottom and I knew it was pointless and hit escape.

I was unable to find a "Skip" option anywhere, which would have been wonderful for that particular game. Unsure if I will give it another try now. Which is shame, it looked great otherwise.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 29, 11 7:31 AM
beachgirl6541 wrote:cottoncandy:
There is a relaxed mode if you would rather not see the pop-up ghost

But is it as challenging as the expert mode? Somebody earlier described it as an "Oriental Alice in Wonderland" and I have to agree. The scenes are wonderful.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 7:33:01 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 29, 11 8:21 AM
dk5793 wrote:

No thanks!

There's quite a difference between a useful comment and a "poke-in-the-eye-with-a-sharp-stick" to the developers. Those folks (the devs) have shown a lot of effort, ingenuity, and creativity in this game and its forerunner. I see that an overwhelming majority of gamers have given this a . That said, everybody has the right to express an opinion--that's what I'm doing now.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 8:22:22 AM PST

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Jan 29, 11 9:14 AM
I had to reinstall it to get it to work, but it was worth it. I definately have to play the first one.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 29, 11 9:49 AM
Comment: I've just finished the game and was quite impressed with it for several reasons. I played the Expert mode and found it just the right degree of difficulty for me. No walkthrough was needed - I just paid attention to everything and took my time. The graphics are phenomenal, the puzzles challenging, the story easy to follow, the characters are funny and well written. Did I say the graphics are phenomenal. I'm an artist and can truly appreciate the hands-on ingenuity that went into this game. Mishap 2 is very good and better then its predecessor.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 9:49:26 AM PST

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Jan 29, 11 10:23 AM
Let me start by saying I am not a huge fan of HOG's. I find them all to be the same. It gets redundant and boring very fast. In fact, it is pretty rare that I will even try a HOG anymore.

That being said, after reading the forums I decided that this game was worth giving a try. I can't remember the last time that an hour went by so fast I was shocked it was actually over! This game is so much more than your standard HOG. It has all of the HOG qualities that i like - you can search more than one screen at a time, so you can go back and look again later if your stuck. You can skip things you really don't enjoy. It has hints, but it doesn't automatically give you hints unless you ask for them. The item names actually fit the items. There are 2 levels of gameplay. I could go on!

I recommend this game to EVERYONE, whether you are a HOG fan or not. It is worth trying, and worth WAY MORE than $6.99.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Jan 29, 11 10:27 AM
dk5793 wrote:

No thanks!

If they are on drugs, then I am impressed at their ability to create such an awesome game while high! It makes me wonder if I should try drugs, I always thought they made you stupid!

My guess is they aren't. No one could be that good unless they were sober and a genius.

Dara6028
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Dara6028 on Jan 29, 11 11:10 AM
I was really liking this game .... until I got to the part where you had to shoot at all that stuff. It just went on and on and on .... and then the game lost me as a player.

But up until THAT point, I was LOVING it!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 29, 11 11:35 AM
First of all I do like this game but would enjoy it more if I were at home where I have my desktop and large screen. so am not enjoying it as much as I would. I guess I will wait and buy it when I get home from Florida in the spring. All the gamers have good reviews so don't have anything to add,

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 29, 11 1:05 PM
doctorgood wrote:Well, I'm with cherbtoo on this one. While the artwork is beautiful, I found that quite a few of the items were rendered a little too abstract to recognize. Flashing lights don't usually bother me in games but something was causing fatigue and eye strain.

Besides "Hogging" I really didn't see much else to interact with. Finding the ghosts was a no-brainer and just kind of stuck in there to try and pump up the game activities. A feeble attempt in MO. Every once in a while, when you clicked on an item the game would make a noise and little ghosts or sprites would arise. I don't have the slightest idea what that was all about!!

I really liked the first "mishap." This one just looks like they tried too hard . . . and failed miserably! . . . and hey! Maybe it's just me that's miserable. Either way, I won't be buying this one even as a DD. It has nothing to offer me.

It's obvious the reviews are going to vary greatly so try it, you might like it.
Dr.good

Thank you Dr good and cherbtoo, I totally agree with your reviews. I loved Mishap 1 and when I saw Mishap 2 was out, I was so excited. Well I lasted 27 minutes and deleted. I agree the graphics are wonderful but the continuous movement and hot dragon breath etc was a little much. At one time I used a hint to find an item, and when I clicked there all I got and little ghosts or sprites. After clicking around the area I finally found what was there.

Pat

Go to: