Re:Post any Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting technical issues here only

[Post New]by girlfactory on Feb 14, 11 11:41 AM
im getting the "error code and access violation" too, im not a tech person but my computer isnt that old
this also happened with G.H.O.S.T. when i tried to play it. i took off virus protection and fire walls but no go
please will someone help before i smash my computer into tiny bits

a side note, i downloaded Mishap 1 this morning also, it plays but only in the small screen
im so confused, sick of wasting money and mostly just bummed that i cant play these games that seem like a lot of good fun
SOS, i worked last night birthing babies now im a tired mom on the edge...

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Feb 15, 11 10:47 PM
I'm having the same problem as quite a few people, get to the end of the game and the cutscence should play. It'll run ok for about 10 seconds, and then the sound cuts out and the video starts going super slow. I tried letting it run for probably a good four hours, but it still never reached the end. I want to know what happens dang it!

Sailorben
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Sailorben on Feb 18, 11 3:26 PM
I had the same slo-mo problem on the final cut scene. After a few hours of letting it ride I gave up and hit alt-F4 to break out of the game (note: This is a lot easier than rebooting!). I wanna know the ending, looks like fun to watch.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 20, 11 9:01 PM
I have only been able to play two minigames, as the cursor froze or was so sluggish I couldn't control it. The first time I tried to download this game, it took hours and never finished. I manually shut down the computer and the next day downloaded again - back to normal. Wonder if this messed up my game somehow... disappointing - it's really a fun game.

Mishap 2: mini game won't start - won't move on

[Post New]by thesieve on Feb 21, 11 3:23 PM
I am on chapter 5 and I have completed everything on the checklist, but the minigame will not start. In fact the game is not doing anything. I can move around the screen and go into the various rooms, but it's not doing anything else. Help please.

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Mar 13, 11 7:34 PM
Darn! This game looks really interesting ---- but, got error message, too. Took computer to my computer tech (who is in the business) - he tried to run it, but no luck. He said it is an error with BF or the 'developers'. I had him fill up the video memory and add max RAM. So, why is it not working?

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Apr 2, 11 9:10 PM
I bought this game a while ago but just around to playing it. My computer hardware is way above the specifications for this game but the demon minigame slows down so much it is frustrating to play the game. Since I am not the only one having this problem I am going to assume there is a problem with the game. My drivers are up to date so that is not the problem. I really like this game but I will probably never finish it because of the slowdown problem. If I didn't just get out of the game every time it slows down, the game would probably freeze on me the way it has done to others. I play a lot of games that use a lot of resources and don't have problems with them. This is the first game I have ever had any problems running with the resource requirements being so low. If this game is that much of a resource hog then the requirements to run the game should be raised. If there is a quick fix to this problem will someone please let me know what it is.

jerryrs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jerryrs on May 5, 11 4:44 PM
I loved both the original mishap and this new one. However I also experienced the extreme slowdown at the end of the story. I am very disappointed that no one from Big Fish or the developer have responded with an update or even a youtube upload with the finale so we can see it in its entirety. I'm just curious does Bigfish ever release software updates on their products?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 17, 11 11:48 AM
Finally got a chance to play Mishap 2 this week and tried to finish it up last night. It should have been an awesome experience as the main game itself is incredibly well done, interesting, and creative. However, to find the mini-game problems (sluggishness, etc.) of the original game were still present was pretty annoying. Little did I know that would feel like a joy compared to the final end animation. I went through what many before me have explained. Total loss of sound and 1 frame per 5 sec (or minutes perhaps, it sure felt like it). More than 2 hours later I gave up and did a hard shutdown. By that time I was absolutely livid. I felt ripped off and let down. This game left a very bad taste in my mouth as a result. And now to come to the forums and find that so many have had this problem but there is no word from the devs or Big Fish! That is unacceptable to just ignore the customers. Especially, when clearly it isn't a problem of our computers not having the minimum requirements (many have way more than should be necessary). This is very bad form.

SZumchak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by SZumchak on May 19, 11 8:13 AM
For all those who've experienced the frustration of not being able to see the ending cutscene - - - -

I was finally able to get it on a high-speed machine and record it. It's not HD but it's certainly better than no ending at all.

You can view it at:

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 10/11/2011 at 1:31:57 PM PST

jojobear9
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jojobear9 on Aug 19, 11 7:44 PM
Frustration upon frustration with this game. I played the first chapter patio scenes on my newer laptop and solved the riddle put the salt and the iron in the water and then nothing no mini game. I went to my old desktop computer played through the patio scenes again and this time I got the mini game but it runs so slow you can't even fire at the aliens. Big disappointment after the first one. Am going to uninstall it and say forget about it.

jojobear9
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jojobear9 on Aug 23, 11 9:10 PM
Could somebody please give me an answer to how to solve this problem??? I would think someone at BFG would have answered this by now

OS X, Theater Stage Control Room Crash

[Post New]by jttaoistchi on Oct 11, 11 11:53 AM
Main theater stage, tour van, and backstage areas work fine. When clicking on control room application crashes to desktop. Accessing control room first causes crash, as well as any combination of other rooms in any order. Have adjusted video resolution, reinstalled, reinstalled shockwave and flash. No luck. Anyone else have this crash issue?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 11, 11 1:36 PM
jojobear9 wrote:Frustration upon frustration with this game. I played the first chapter patio scenes on my newer laptop and solved the riddle put the salt and the iron in the water and then nothing no mini game. I went to my old desktop computer played through the patio scenes again and this time I got the mini game but it runs so slow you can't even fire at the aliens. Big disappointment after the first one. Am going to uninstall it and say forget about it.

Hi jojobear9,

If your game runs fine on your laptop but not on your desktop, then I'd recommend checking to see if there are any available updates for your desktop's graphics software.

You can learn more about how to check for these updates by contacting Tech Support and/or referring to the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

OS X, Theater Stage Control Room Crash

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 11, 11 1:37 PM
jttaoistchi wrote:Main theater stage, tour van, and backstage areas work fine. When clicking on control room application crashes to desktop. Accessing control room first causes crash, as well as any combination of other rooms in any order. Have adjusted video resolution, reinstalled, reinstalled shockwave and flash. No luck. Anyone else have this crash issue?

Hi jttaoistchi,

Even though you've already tried reinstalling shockwave and flash, you may also want to refer to the following help article to see if there are any available updates for your video card drivers:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by ThreeRiversFish on Oct 21, 11 6:31 PM
I have had no trouble getting to/figuring out the puzzle with the well. However -- I click on the well, the wall around the well, everything nearby the well -- and it won't open up for me to bring up the bucket! Help!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jun 17, 12 11:51 AM
REEEELY disappointed that nobody has dealt w the freezing end scene. Feel gyped- will contact Cust Serv for refund since this game has been out 4 A while w no comment or fix.

[Post New]by LogicaPrime on Dec 23, 12 4:45 PM
First off... the game is coming up too large for my screen, which is crazy because I have a 27 inch screen. Second, I'm trapped on the first screen. There are no buttons to click.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Jan 18, 13 11:10 AM
Apparently, there are some "serious" issues with this game. I cannot even get past the profile option, hit enter, and the game freezes. Looking back on the tech issues, there has been no attempts to rectify the problems since the game came out last year! Thank God I didn't buy this game, and DL just to try it.

Whatever.

I would not recommend this game per all the glitches and indifference to fixing them. It just aint gonna happen folks!

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 18, 13 11:36 AM
Oh no, siscokid, I'm so sorry to hear about those game freezing issues!

If you have any interest, you're welcome to check out some great tips and tricks for helping with the game freezing here. (Just click on the blue text to be linked!)

I would also contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Go to: