Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by snoopy27 on Feb 3, 11 2:50 AM
Claypool, The map lets you jump to the scene you have clicked, other than the white circles. Those are locked until you complete certain tass. There is a button on the bottom with an arced arrow and you click on that button after choosing whic gray circle you want to go to.

Hope this helps!

Snoopyg

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 3, 11 9:42 AM
WilJul wrote:.....I had the exact same experience mcurty! The first time I play a game I play it just for me, take my time and get lost in it. .............

So if you play again, take some notes and maybe between the two of us, and others, folks won't need no stinkin' walkthrough! Haha!

ETA: Forgot to mention there should be exactly three tiles in each location.

Haha! You have become the "walking" walkthrough here. Thanks for all your help and research into problems.

[Post New]by lizthewiz on Feb 3, 11 2:13 PM
I cant get the cask hint tells me where it is but nothing happens I have clicked all over the casks and definatily the spot where the hint tells me but no luck please i need help as there is no walkthrough thank you lizthe wiz

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 3, 11 2:47 PM
lizthewiz wrote:I cant get the cask hint tells me where it is but nothing happens I have clicked all over the casks and definatily the spot where the hint tells me but no luck please i need help as there is no walkthrough thank you lizthe wiz

Sorry, liz, but a walk through would not help you with this problem. The casks are the barrels at the back of the cave. I had no trouble clicking on them, however, others have. One person said that she minimized the game and then maximized it again and that let her click. Others have tried exiting out and restarting. I don't know what will really work for you, but you can try those things. It seems to be a "glitchy" area that some have trouble with but others do not. Sorry...

If you feel a walk through is a must do a search on the internet for one.

[Post New]by petuniazee on Feb 3, 11 4:13 PM
petuniazee wrote:I am at the beginning of the game. I cannot find the cask or the "marble chest". The clue points to the object but when I go there I get nothing.

[Post New]by maryy1 on Feb 3, 11 6:44 PM
dazegnbye wrote:trying to build the ladder.have nails,lumber & hammer but cannot seem to use them. what am i missing?

i have the same problem, when you work it out let me know too )

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 6:52 PM
You need four items to build the ladder:
1. Nails
2. Hammer
3. Long piece of wood
4. A stack of short pieces of wood.

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by smarinergirl on Feb 3, 11 9:41 PM
I am at the villa exterior. I know I need the key to the gate. I know I need to click on the cat to get the key. But there is no cat. Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 9:57 PM
smarinergirl wrote:I am at the villa exterior. I know I need the key to the gate. I know I need to click on the cat to get the key. But there is no cat. Help!
You are at the gate with the missing rings? And you are looking for the key to the gate further down the path? Maybe you already clicked him and he scared the bird and ran away? Look in a bush/small tree to the right of the path, there should be a very small bird's nest (hopefully without the bird) and the key should be in there! Let me know if this isn't your issue!

[Post New]by MunchkinKat on Feb 3, 11 10:36 PM
Hi all!

I just finished the game (with some help from the forums - Thanks WilJul!) and wanted to report that I also had trouble getting the nails to build the ladder. I think it's another of those "glitchy" areas - after the first HOG outside the plaza gates I received the crowbar as normal. But when I was trying to build the ladder, the second HOG in that area never showed up - no sparkles, and no yellow dots on the map, anywhere. I ended up starting over with a new player name, and miraculously there was an HOG where I received nails!

I know it's discouraging to start over, but it's worth it to finish the game. The storyline has an amazing plot twist that I totally wasn't expecting! Definitely one of the better HOG/Adventure games out there.

Hope you all find what you're looking for, and have as much fun as I did!

Cheers, Kat

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 10:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS KAT!!!

safarinow
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by safarinow on Feb 4, 11 12:38 PM
Yes, congratulations to all who finished the game and for those that are having problems , keep plugging away!! It is well worth it. I only got 93 of the 96 tiles, went back to find them and couldn't. Maybe next time. I really enjoyed the game and storyline not to mention the ending! Have fun safarinow

[Post New]by Lisa372 on Feb 4, 11 2:13 PM
I am having trouble finding the other steak. Can anyone help me with this? I'd appreicate it.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 4, 11 3:07 PM
Lisa372 wrote:I am having trouble finding the other steak. Can anyone help me with this? I'd appreicate it.

Hi Lisa,
There is only 1 steak, but it needs to be BBQ'd. Use matches to light the fire and cook it. Then it'll be yours.
m

[Post New]by smarinergirl on Feb 4, 11 7:58 PM
WilJul wrote:
smarinergirl wrote:I am at the villa exterior. I know I need the key to the gate. I know I need to click on the cat to get the key. But there is no cat. Help!
You are at the gate with the missing rings? And you are looking for the key to the gate further down the path? Maybe you already clicked him and he scared the bird and ran away? Look in a bush/small tree to the right of the path, there should be a very small bird's nest (hopefully without the bird) and the key should be in there! Let me know if this isn't your issue!

Thanks! it worked.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 4, 11 8:05 PM
smarinergirl wrote:
Thanks! it worked.

Yay! Thanks for letting me know, smarinergirl!

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Feb 4, 11 11:17 PM
Here is a new one ... just before the cave I go to the storage room for the 2nd time and NOTHING in the picture matches the hidden object list! After much random clicking I back out of scene to "reboot it" and lighter fluid jumps into inventory! Can't go back in ... go to the beach/lawn chairs/grill 2nd time and the same thing ... nothing works! Back out and matches jump into inventory. Can't tell if I missed any map pieces. Explore the cave, get the oars, back out & I get the message that I need to explore the cave! Get this message everywhere I go till I click on oars in inventory. Go back to the docks and cant get the oars to work on the green boat + the red boat is back at the dock but the oars don't work there either. Seem to have lost some of my tile collection too. I have handcuffs and oars in inventory and playing on late '09 Macbook pro. Any suggestions beyond starting over?
Bob

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 1:08 AM
Sorry, Xbob, but it sounds like you've got a bad download. There have been some others with situations that sound similar to yours, but no one has explained it so well before. That has to be a little unsettling to watch the weird stuff happen.

Some have had success with starting over with a new profile instead of the uninstalling re-download reinstall etc. I don't really know how to advise you. I think the DRM (copy protection) programs that are in the Game Manager sometimes mess up parts of games. Sometimes when the activation occurs after you have played the demo, things get "mixed up" somewhere.

Be sure to contact Customer Service about this or post in the technical thread. They need to know this is a problem area.
m

Xbob2
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Xbob2 on Feb 5, 11 3:08 AM
Epilogue: Replayed whole game with new profile and no quits and everything worked. Happy ending!
Bob

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 10:36 AM
Thanks, Xbob, for letting us know you found the "solution". That really helps out everyone. I'm really glad that you got it to work and to experience this great game!
m

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 10:36:58 AM PST

Go to: