Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Girl in the City

[Post New]by mztxtn on Jan 31, 11 5:50 PM
Another no buy for me, this game was so very boring. Felt like it was for someone in elementary school. Will not buy this one.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 31, 11 6:05 PM
Definite no buy for me either. Not sure what it is about this game, but it just didn't grab me. Maybe not difficult enough or just sort of boring. I agree with Goofyduck. Took me awhile to figure out what the ash shovel was too. Odd, not much fun for me, but for someone new to the pond, it might be just right.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 31, 11 6:24 PM
Agree with Goofy's and Cherbtoo's comments regarding most of the game. However, I though it was cute. It had a unique style instead of same old H0 scenes etc. I like finding multiples of the same thing. The cleaning she had to do fit with the story line instead of being tedious and out of place like 13th Skull.

The mini puzzles were a different style and I liked them. Finding streets in NYC was interesting to me. I was worried about the number of hints being defined, but there was not a need for more hints in the game.

Have to chuckle a little about the instructions for mini-games -- not long ago many were complaining because there were no instructions for mini-games. Today many are complaining because the instructions are too long. Is there any way to get that right?

The language and spelling did need better proof readers. Nothing was so oddly named or spelled that it made it impossible to figure out. Some were complaining about the language, but mine was in English with only some misspellings.

This will be on my list as a definite maybe.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 31, 11 7:05 PM
I quit after 15 minutes ...too juvenile a game for my taste. Not a buy for me.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jan 31, 11 8:27 PM
Where do I start?
An "AashAsh" Shovel?????
Really - if that kind of mistake passed QC I am not going to waste more time - graphics are poorly drawn, fuzzy and were too hard to read.

This is a very poor representation of the quality BF is capable of.

BIG FAIL, guys!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 31, 11 8:54 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is HOG with puzzles. The storyline is a tad dull. I tried to stay interested in the game, but failed.

This game is a C-.

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Jan 31, 11 9:29 PM
I love a challenge but this was left me shaking my head in puzzlement as to what to do next. The first items were ridiculously easy to find, but once you get into the restaurant, you're basically on your own. English is horrible - e.g., aash ash shovel? (that might not be exact but is very close). No buy for me.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 1, 11 1:31 AM
lynn009 wrote:Omg ! this game is a no buy for me also. Hated that before you got into the game you had to find landmarks, boats and taxis what was the point.
Agree, especially for a non American person.Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Harlem, China Town, Central Park, Empire State Building, OK, otherwise I just clicked randomly, except for the rivers. So I din't like the game to start with. H0 were fairly easy, just came across one litte game (sliding pizzas), nothing new there. Graphics OK, but it's a no buy for me, just bored me.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 1, 11 2:10 AM
I'm one of the few that liked this game. Got past the pizza slider puzzle (I love sliders!) but still lost the job cos I wasn't quick enough! Enjoyed finding the landmarks too; all the buildings, streets and other places were named so it wasn't that difficult to find them. Bright graphics although a bit fuzzy. No timer in mode that I played. Never have music on so can't comment on that. I don't mind finding the same multiple objects; beats looking for feathers, umbrellas or butterflies every HOG that comes out. Got as far as meeting friend for lunch when time ran out and was sorry it had ended.

Have to watch pennies so maybe will use a credit for this if nothing outstanding comes along this month. Still hoping to see Royal Envoy 2; Playrix said it was in development when the first one came out which seems like ages ago!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 1, 11 2:19 AM
This game was an "okay" game in my book. I did the relaxed version so I wasn't timed. I hate being timed on games. But anyway, the reason I didn't like the game was the mini games with the puzzles. They were hard to understand. (Not the "conveyor-belt" like ones. ) The HOG scenes were okay. I must have spaced out in the beginning at the directions , because it took me awhile **SPOILER** to figure out that the stars meant extra hints. All in all, it wasn't one of the best out there.

[Post New]by chips13 on Feb 1, 11 6:06 AM
I was actually enjoying the puzzles in this game enough to buy it. Big mistake. It only took another 15 minutes beyond the hour already given in the demo to beat the game. This game was way too short and I feel like I've been ripped off.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 1, 11 7:50 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I always feel bad saying something bad about a game,because I know how hard people work on it. But how can I be true to myself and other's without the real truth. So, in saying that, this is a simplistic hog game. 3 minute skip button,why? I wouldn't skip if it was interesting. Staring at the screen for 3 minutes waiting to skip,doesn't make me like the game any better. I moved the pizza around the board and freed one, why again? lol I'm sorry to say this is really boring and beyond simplistic in play. Would I get if for a punch card? I'm not sure yet. I'll wait till the future and see if it comes up as a DD and play it again and decide then, if I want to wait 3 minutes to skip a puzzle that doesn't interest me anyway.
I'd rate this: "POT BELLY" being generous. PORK BELLY: Likable game for some, but not for everyone. ' ' (o)

HI...lovetomisslisa...well if i could have got the darn 'pig out of the poke' i then could have know what the game was about ...i have read all in comments/reviews but first checked out the 'tech issues'....o.k. what a difference...those that got to 'base 1' and those whose struck out at 'base1'...my trail try was a page that looked like the chicken got out of the henhouse and stepped in paint and then tried to write in the little black boxes....then to get out...had to shut down 'puter...from these forum'S...it is probably not worth it....

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 7:52:15 AM PST

[Post New]by grandma_retired on Feb 1, 11 1:47 PM
Boring, hospital scene with the beeping drove me nuts. Would not take it for free.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Feb 1, 11 6:46 PM
Sorry fishies but this game was stupid!!! not worth anything quit after 10min.

[Post New]by dianepatrick on Feb 1, 11 7:41 PM
grandma_retired wrote:Boring, hospital scene with the beeping drove me nuts. Would not take it for free.
I agree the sound along with many other things were terrible, Awful.

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Feb 1, 11 9:21 PM
Maybe It's me but I really haven't liked much that I have played lately, This game is so not fun,not interesting ,not drawn well ... so boring I need a FUN game .

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Feb 2, 11 6:18 AM
Review of demo played for 1 hour.

I downloaded this game to play just to see how bad it could be from my previous experiences with HDO. They have the benchmark bad game of all times, something about the Vatican which I am trying to forget and are usually unplayable even for the shortest periods of time. I must say that they have improved a bit. Yes, typos, spelling errors, misnamed items, some downright silly pointless minigames....but they have improved. First off, the scenes are nicely drawn, colorful and interesting. Yes, you still must find the same item spread over the place, but it didn't seem to bother me in the nice settings. Some of the minigames were fun, like the crossword jigsaw. I played without the timer, but I like timer options. It has lame but skippable dialog. Minis are also skippable. I actually played the entire demoand had fun. Would I buy? Well, not with all the fine offerings out there now, but probably as a DD.

kilbride
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kilbride on Feb 2, 11 6:47 AM
gotta be in my top 10 worst games list

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Feb 2, 11 7:28 AM
No, no, no. A thousand times no. Have to click on things multiple times for it to register and it uses up the clock in the "timed" mode.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Feb 2, 11 9:45 AM
I'm in agreement with most all posters here. There wasn't anything to get your teeth into. Silly puzzles & too many instructions. If I'd wanted to read so much I'd have picked up a book. This truly wouldn't be a buy for me even on a DD.

Go to: