xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

Re:Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Feb 5, 11 11:41 AM
Ummm...I don't like clowns,bugs or spiders...BUT...I will DEFINITELY try this game!!It sounds great,and if I play it with a friend or family member I'll be fine.Can't wait to see this on BF!!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 5, 11 11:46 AM
Debnfla wrote:I just went and looked at this game. It looks like it will be soooo good....I want it now too! I'm just wondering, what other sites do ya'll buy games from? I have only used BigFish because I know I am safe buying from them. I am scared of downloading viruses and such from other places. If this is a forbidden question...please forgive it since I am fairly new to all this game addiction....needing MORE games and loving the adventure of hunting down really awesome games.

Deb

alawar is the dev, and they are safe, i seem to remember when doing the beta that the bfg screen was spashed across it, thats why i think it will be eher soon, i dont see the bfg screen on the full version tho

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Feb 5, 11 12:58 PM
I want this game. I'll give it till Monday...I hate the "waiting game".
SnowMeow

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Feb 6, 11 5:54 AM
I am also waiting for this game! I got the demo off the developers site and became addicted to it! I will give BF another week before I buy this from the dev. There have been only three games I bought from another game site (BF doesnt have those games) and I didnt want to make that one more so hurry up BF!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 8, 11 11:22 PM
bella81762 wrote:so far the ONLY negative i can find is you have to hit menu to bring up the guide....if you dont like bugs and spiders then you might not like this game as they are abundent....i am loving every minute so far.....different then the norm mini,s, wt says 12 chapters.

Another negative....you can't play this game with a left-handed mouse.

I own several Alawar games and I am able to play all of them with my left-handed mouse (switched primary buttons). I contacted the developer to see if there is something I can change (settings) but only got an automated reply.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 11:29:40 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 8, 11 11:42 PM
Hi there,
Interesting that this game already has a number of posts and has yet to come to . However, in light of the fact that it is on Mudrock's list for this week...well that is good news,
I just popped in to say that I too trialled this from the original devs site, and whilst I had a thoroughy good time, the game might be somewhat short in game play. I was playing the most difficult level and still managed to get through a fair bit of the game.
That said, it is a worthwhile and sometimes very spooky experience. But I suppose there will be a lot of "waste of money..game too short" complaints about it rather than the enjoyment people had with the game.
I will re-state a previous comparison...it costs me more (double the SE price) where I live to see a movie that goes for 1-2 hours (and have to pay a lot more for the DVD until it becomes "unpopular" and the price drops) than purchase a game here that I can play again as many times as I like.
And sometimes...well what IS the cost of a good time???
Cheers.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 9, 11 5:10 AM
GRAPHICS PROBLEM PLAYING ALAWAR FREE TRIAL
I wanted to post this as a HEADS-UP of potential graphics problems for some.

I downloaded and played the 60min-TRIAL with the developer's site. I found a LOT of glitches in the graphics...such as blocks of black where coloring and graphic background should be, as well as blocking/tiling and fallout of graphics (patchy black instead of background graphics) throughout the trial gameplay. I tried to find it somewhere else to play another 60min-TRIAL, but was only led to torrent download links, so I couldn't compare; to see if it was just a 'fluke' (bad download).

But...I have not found any reviews from others of what I experienced (graphically). Don't think it's my computer causing the issues, but I have had issues with some BFG releases that were (graphically) inferior to other games that ran w/o a hitch.

Other reviews I've seen out there on the www., have commented of the game's short-length, but (IMO) that is dependent on the player and of how much time is spent on each scene (hints used or not, mini's skipped, etc).

Looks like a great H0/Adventure game, SCARY at times, and made me 'jump' with surprise on a couple of occasions...LOVE THAT! ...Will wait and see what comes through BFG...whilst hoping the graphics issues experienced were a 'fluke' of the trial I played, and aren't indicative of the game itself.

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Feb 9, 11 5:26 AM
Why do we always have to wait till the end of the week for the good games to be released!!!??? I can't wait.....Come on BigFish...bring it on now.....

Sorry....I got carried away there...this is soooo hard waiting....

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Feb 9, 11 7:07 AM
Carole22759,

I downloaded the demo on two computers and had no problem with either game (running Vista on one and Windows 7 on the other). Have you made sure your graphic card is up to date?

BelindaR53,

Dollhouse should be out tomorrow as BFG usually releases CEs on Thursdays. Dying for Daylight will be either Friday or Saturday and I'm betting Saturday. Ahhh...the anticipation .

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 9, 11 7:16 AM
dogmama wrote:Carole22759,

I downloaded the demo on two computers and had no problem with either game (running Vista on one and Windows 7 on the other). Have you made sure your graphic card is up to date?

BelindaR53,

Dollhouse should be out tomorrow as BFG usually releases CEs on Thursdays. Dying for Daylight will be either Friday or Saturday and I'm betting Saturday. Ahhh...the anticipation .

I'm so excited too!

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Feb 9, 11 7:31 AM
I couldn't wait. For lack of any games that I am interested in, in the past week or so, I broke down and bought the game from another site. It was quite entertaining although fairly simple. It took me about 3 and a bit hours to complete but was worth it because game selection seems to have been sparse lately (for my tastes anyway).

Has BFG undergone new management or something? It seems in the past six months or so, things haven't been as good here at BFG. Maybe it is me, and please don't take my complaints personally. I just find there seems to be a lower number of games I am interested in, and the quality has wained.

I used to fill up 2-3 cards a month, now I might fill one or two if I purchase a CE. Is anyone else feeling this way? Just wondered what has changed?

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on Feb 9, 11 8:47 AM
Thank you dogmama, I didn't know they release them on Thurs.. I guess I can wait a bit more longer...

dcairns...I agree with you about the lack of good games, well, not as many as there use to be here. To me, it seems like the only good hidden object games are the CE ones.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 9, 11 10:15 AM
BlueDeuce wrote:
Don't hold me to this but I believe there were 2 modes. I always choose the most difficult mode (not that I'm an expert) but like to be challenged and take my time puzzeling things out.

I also like to pick the harder option and did on this. So I was disappointed the bonus chapter only played in the easier mode.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 9, 11 10:23 AM
bella81762 wrote: i dont see the bfg screen on the full version tho

That's because you didn't buy it from BFG, Sweetie! When it's sold here, it will have the BFG splash screen.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 9, 11 10:28 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
I just popped in to say that I too trialled this from the original devs site, and whilst I had a thoroughy good time, the game might be somewhat short in game play.

Yes, it took me a little over 3 hours including bonus. And contrary to what another member was inferring on a different thread, I do not rush through my games. I did not use the strat guide, I did not skip any puzzles, and I hardly used any hints.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Feb 9, 11 12:19 PM
I've just demo'd from the developer site and really liked it. I got as far as the orphanage and felt like I'd got quite far in the time so my main concern would be length as well, especially now reading what some of the other fishies say about it. Will definitely buy when it eventually comes out as SE though.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 9, 11 12:26 PM
Rachieroos wrote:I've just demo'd from the developer site and really liked it. I got as far as the orphanage and felt like I'd got quite far in the time so my main concern would be length as well, especially now reading what some of the other fishies say about it. Will definitely buy when it eventually comes out as SE though.

I really enjoyed the game, but I felt that it was way too short (I went ahead and bought it from the developer). Everything about it is great, but I felt like I was taking my sweet time because I could feel how short the game was. I will say that I'm too fast with the hidden object scenes, so I did try to slow down and just view them for a bit. Even with the bonus gameplay, it wasn't long enough for me. I'd still recommend purchasing it when it comes here, since it will probably be cheaper than at the developer's site.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Feb 10, 11 12:19 AM
hey fishes its here now d l asi typ ya hooooooooo thanks bf look outaoutmated willl light up like achristmas tree i think. well was goin ng to bed not now ha ha well off to play let you know later what i think have asuper day fishes

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 12:22:20 AM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story - Technical Issue

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Feb 10, 11 1:13 AM
Downloaded the game along with an auto download of an updated Games Manager (??) and now when I go into the game I get an "Access Violation" error and the game closes. The only time I have ever had this "Access Violation" error before is in exactly the same situation - a Games Manager update occured when downloading a game (can' remember which) so there seems to be some relationship with the Games Manager update and the Access Violation error message. Can anyone shed any light on this please ?? Looks like a great game !! Cheers

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 1:17:20 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 10, 11 1:33 AM
YAY! So glad it's here! I downloaded it at 12:01 am PST! WOOT!

Go to: