Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by LIFEISBLESSED on Feb 11, 11 10:09 AM
Wow, what an awesome game!

I loved it, even though there was no map to let you know where things were, but it was not really necessary because you could find your way around. It was kind of unique. I loved the way they used the HOs. I love a diversify game, where you can have a little bit of everything. It worked fine on my computer...no glitches.

I would like to play games like this one. Please, keep them coming, BF.
Marty

[Post New]by creationist on Feb 12, 11 12:27 AM
What a great game! I loved every minute of it. You will figure out what is going on right away, but it won't ruin the game for you at all. It's nice and long with lots of hidden object scenes and puzzles that range from easy to challenging but all are solveable. Plus you can play in different modes with the match 3 and the various difficulty settings. The only thing I didn't manage to do was find all three of the logos -- only found 2.

This one is well worth the full price - don't miss it.

More like this, please!

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Feb 12, 11 1:26 PM
I have just finished the game , it is very good, 'nor hard although there are 3 levels of expertise available. The hidden object scenes could be a little brighter but I managed them ok. The story is good and check out the underwater scenes !
I have played harder games but enjoyed this . No tech problems.. (Vista )
Well worth the money - so - go for it - enjoy.

[Post New]by IzeRBlu on Feb 13, 11 11:54 AM
Have just finished this game................and I loved it. BUT couldn't do it without the walkthrough. Most times I get stuck somewhere and just give up, so I rarely get to finish. But this time I did. Good story and graphics.

boogweez
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,280 Posts

WONDERFUL!WONDERFUL!WONDERFUL!!!!

[Post New]by boogweez on Feb 13, 11 5:06 PM
I beta tested this game last summer and thought it was going to be a keeper.Gave it a good review on what I played.The fine tuning done before release pushed it over the top! Definately going to play this one again!

[Post New]by joycey52 on Feb 13, 11 10:35 PM
Just bought Phantasmat & have the gears for the elevator (3) The hint is to go & fix the elevator but I can't see how the heck to DO that! Have tried changing the gears around but can't advance in the game. I WAS liking it until I came up against this. Any clues?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 10:52 PM
In the walkthrough posted above is a picture of how the gears fit in the elevator.

Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by DD1953 on Feb 14, 11 7:51 AM
QEIII wrote:I never play the CE versions, I prefer to wait to get the SE version - old skinflint that I am!

This is an adventure HOG with a twist: you can do Match 3 play instead of or as well as the HOG scenes. So if you are bored silly with doing HOG scenes you can opt to do a M3 instead. Or if you love HOG scenes but get stuck on finding the last 2 or 3 you can switch to M3 to find them that way instead of using hints. This I believe is totally unique to this game and in my opinion is brilliant.

There are 3 modes of play, easy (for complete beginners), normal and hard (no skips or hints whatsoever) and I started playing on normal but think I will switch to the hard now I know about the M3 option. I came across 3 or 4 puzzles in the demo which I love. I've given this a rare 10/10. (I think I've only done that once before).

I'm sure others will give a better review or you can can read them on the CE forum.
A definite buy for me.

Ditto. Best game I've played in ages - played it in all modes, and the replay value is excellent! A+

[Post New]by starpoint5 on Feb 14, 11 12:19 PM
Just finished the SE version of this game and it's brilliant! The actors voices are convincing, not 'stilted' as in other games, the graphics are very good (especially the underwater scenes) and its a very good storyline.
Being able to change over to 'Match 3' is a great idea too and the mini games are quite 'do-able' unlike some in MCF Return to Ravenhurst!!
Deserves to be rated No. 1 in the HOG's ratings this year. Have to go now as I'm going to replay this captivating game!

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Feb 14, 11 1:09 PM
I very much enjoyed the game. Voice acting was quite good. My only quibble is with the puzzles. I finished most, in challenge mode, without skipping, as the objective of the puzzle was self-evident. There were two, however, where I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to do. If there was a way to receive an explanation of the puzzle, I didn't find it.

Took me a total of about seven hours' over four days, to complete. Money well spent.

[Post New]by joycey52 on Feb 14, 11 3:50 PM
Thnx mccurdy for your efforts. I have NO IDEA how to retrieve your walk thru. It was difficult for me to even figure out how to comment on here. The gears that I have installed are making the two chains move but there's 3 or 4 gears standing still & obviously It's not fixed or I'd be able to advance in the game. Have you a link I could follow? Thnx again for your time.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 14, 11 4:29 PM
Hi joyce,
Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my other post. You only use 3 gears. One on the right end of top chain, 2nd a little to the left and in the middle, 3rd lower right side of chain. If the chains are both moving the elevator is fixed. Now push the down button on the left and go to the pier. Click straight ahead to get out in pier area. When you want to go up to basement push up arrow. Click on the BOTTOM of the screen to get back out into basement.

Here is a link to the walkthrough that you can copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/phantasmat-walkthrough/

For future help:
To get to walk throughs for most games. Go to the All Game Forums tab on the Forums Home page. Find your game and click on it. At the top of the forum are some discussions in yellow. One of those usually says Walkthrough. Click on it. Follow instructions -- there is usually a blue "here" to click on.

Walkthrough is probably the next discussion listed after this one.

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 4:32:18 PM PST

[Post New]by kamber_3680 on Feb 14, 11 9:13 PM
I just finished this game and I have to say it is the most enjoyable game I have played, I couldn't stay away from it. I had to stop a few times because the game is so long but I did not want to,,I would definatly give it a BIG 10 would love to see more like this

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Feb 15, 11 2:35 PM
This game is great! A credit spent well!

The story is superb! It doesn't give too much away too soon and slowly unveils a great plot that keeps you playing to figure out the mystery.

The graphics and music are both great! They pair well to enhance the game.

The game play is nice and varied. Not just straight hidden object, you can also select match-3 and there are lots of adventure style game play as well as puzzles.

I have one little annoyance. Sometimes what you needed to do next wasn't obvious, and you waste a time clicking around to figure out what's next. This was only an issue at two points in the game and the games hint system or the big fish walk-through helps figure out what to do.

If you are looking something new to play, get this game.

<3

pmn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pmn1 on Feb 15, 11 4:44 PM
Pro:This is a fabulous game! It combines mystery, intrigue and who dunit very nicely. Lots of different puzzles.
I loved being able to toggle from hidden object to Match 3 and back. The underwater scenes were awesome!
Con: In casual mode, much too long for hints/skip to recharge. Should'nt be longer than a minute.
This is perhaps the most unreal of all: Lots of blood from a choking death! As far as I know, choking doesn't produce blood. Should have been a shooting death.

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Feb 15, 11 6:39 PM
I absolutely loved this game!!!

The dialogue wasn't so long that I got annoyed.
The puzzles weren't so hard that I got frustrated.

It was creepy and a good length.

This is definitely an A++ game.

[Post New]by Donyale1677 on Feb 15, 11 8:25 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The story was just creepy enough even though I figured out the ending before I got there. I thought the graphics were great. I hope there are more games like this in the future.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 15, 11 8:26 PM
I'm now playing this game for a second time. I really really wish I would have bought the collector's edition instead of the regular one. I would have loved to play the bonus game. I bought the Collector's edition of the Time travelers and have been kicking myself ever since. I do hope they come out with a Phantasmat 2. I will be buying the collector's edition of that one.

Phantasmat

[Post New]by Sheila_1968 on Feb 15, 11 8:59 PM
Hey, I'm new this scene of playing PC games and I LOVE IT! BF has treated me right since I started I think they are a great, easy to understand company. I have only been playing games on BF for a couple of months... and I am totally suprised at the ease and convience.

Now for my delima...

Im still on the first level of the game (Im normally a M3 player.) I am trying to get the last mysterious key out of the tank and the only inventory I have is the hook necklace. and the HINT button keeps telling me to find a way to get the key out of the tank... can someone HELP!

Then, I have only one half of the lock shaped like a heart to the church tower where is that other piece? It's driving me CRAZY!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 15, 11 9:45 PM
mary102696 wrote:I'm now playing this game for a second time. I really really wish I would have bought the collector's edition instead of the regular one. I would have loved to play the bonus game. I bought the Collector's edition of the Time travelers and have been kicking myself ever since. I do hope they come out with a Phantasmat 2. I will be buying the collector's edition of that one.

Hi mary102696! I just posted this in response to your identical post on the CE forum:

Just thought you might like to know that it is possible for you to upgrade to the CE, just contact Big Fish. I haven't done it myself, but I believe the process is that you go ahead and buy the CE and they will refund you the price of the SE (or give you a game credit). Just get in touch with them, you can use the green envelope on the right, and they'll tell you how to do it.

Go to: