Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Muse

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 7, 11 5:21 PM
Rhysdux wrote: Partial Quote:
.....the evil character makes fun of you for making mistakes..... It's not my fault that the hidden objects are too small ....... I don't need the bad guy to shame me.... who thought that a character who bullies the player was a good idea.......

YIKES...I never thought I'd read of someone who became emotionally distraught because of a game's comments!
.... Now that's what's called "getting-into the gameplay" WOW!

[Post New]by chelle30michelle on Feb 7, 11 5:29 PM
A total waste of a punch card credit,finished playing Haunted Manor:Lord of mirrors which was a brilliant game and was really looking forward to getting stuck into another good game to b very disappointed,played 10 minutes and was totally bored.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 7, 11 5:56 PM
I wish I had read the reviews before I even downloaded. The 12 minutes of demo that I managed to last were the longest of my life. In a word - don't (bother!)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 7, 11 6:31 PM
I was so hog hungry, I actually played the entire demo hoping it would get better, but it didn't. Won't waste even a credit on this one. Back to my book.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 7, 11 6:46 PM
I also played the entire demo. What a waste of time. I always read the comments and then play the game anyway. I have found that we all have different taste in games and some like it and some don't. However, Goofyduck was dead on with this one. Wow? Music got annoying after a short time. Only thing I liked about it was the fact that, as usual, I could get rid of the custom cursor. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. This was Monday, afterall.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 7, 11 6:53 PM
Well another dry spell at Big Fish for me. For all of you that want a strictly HOG game, this is it. I like puzzles and well crafted games, for me, this was a no buy. Am anxiously awaiting the next CE game which is usually a HOG with puzzles and beautiful graphics. Don't blame the Fish. Actually, it is probably difficult to find daily games which are comparable to the CE's. So...lets be happy we have daily games which appeal to different tastes and occassionally, like twice a month, get a CE. However, for me, I hope it is soon, because I am running out of games to play.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Feb 7, 11 7:10 PM
Count me in as another one who didnt like this game. The objects are way too small, making me use tons of hints. But I was fine until the third artist and that hand drawn hard to see objects and that stupid inkblot game. The timer was so fast I couldnt find the same inkblot in time.

Shame, it could have been a cute game. It had a lot of potential.

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 7:12:06 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 7, 11 7:43 PM
Several here said the game was more for kids... I thought so too, but I doubt any kid could find those objects. So the game doesn't really have appeal for any age.
What a waste of the developers hard work.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 7, 11 8:34 PM
Well, I tried it, and found myself ending after 20 minutes, which is rare for me, as I do try to give a game a fair chance, through at least the entire demo. Not this one, sorry.

Graphics are colorful, but not to my liking (to each his or her own taste), and the music so, so. As someone else mentioned, this seems more like a game for a much younger person (although, some objects may be too hard for really young children to find, or those with poor eyesight). I don't mind youthful graphics either, as long as there is some fun game play involved.

Some of the objects are hard to find, but most I had no problem with, so that was not the problem for me. I just did not care for the game at all, nor the story line. And it surely did not get my artist 'muse' on, was it suppose to? LOL

So for me... I pass on this. Didn't need to waste any precious time to figure that out, by playing the whole demo.

Still though, maybe a good game for others. It is a straight boring HOG though, with boring mini games. Just my opinion.

I also noticed some stutter-delay problems while playing... like slight momentary freezing periodically? And I usually have no PC problems, even with the more technically intense graphic games.

P.S. I too am not a fan of the 'spot the difference' in games. Wish those would just go away, but I realize, I'm not the only soul around. Some do like them, just not me. I find them really annoying little boogers.

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 8:40:33 PM PST

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Feb 7, 11 9:44 PM
lasted maybe five minutes- oops- no

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Feb 7, 11 11:43 PM
I see that I'm in the minority here -- I like the game enough to wonder if I should buy it now or wait months on the chance that it'll be a daily deal.

I love how honest you all are -- I thought I was a horrible gamer cuz I have such a hard time finding objects, so I loved reading that so many of you have trouble too. I'd just like to say that when it comes to hard-to-see objects, nothing beats Tamara the 13th.

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on Feb 8, 11 12:34 AM
I like this game too. I like the artwork. I liked seeing the girl change with each artist. At first, I had a hard time finding things but it got easier for me. I guess it was just a matter of getting used to the style.Some things were still hard but I don't mind a challenge. I definitely recommend playing it on relaxed though. I usually play timed but, for some reason, decided on relaxed for this one. Turns out, I was glad. It took me a looong time to find some of the items.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 8, 11 3:16 AM
Well, I checked out the forum beforehand while waiting for the game to download and noticed the not so favorable comments on there. But I thought Oh well, I have tried cutesy, hard to find HOGS before and haven't minded so I will try it. At first , I thought, Oh, it's not so bad, but the further I got into the game I so what everyone meant. Graphics were so good , at least for the hidden objects! I don't recommend this game and it's very unusual when I say that.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Muse

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 8, 11 4:18 AM
heatherington wrote:Well, I'm going to bother to try. Because I really enjoyed "Behind the Reflection" when your reviews were not all that great about it.

That´s exactly how I feel. Besides, unless there are a LOT of technical problems, I always find out for myself whether I like it or not.

Anyway, I had 25 minutes left when I left the game.

I liked the graphics.

The girl talked a little too much, but I could read fast and skip forward.

I love "Spot the Difference" games. I don´t know why so many people don´t like them.

Although there was a "timer" with the ink blot games, you didn´t get any penalty or had to start again from the beginning if you didn´t make it in time. Besides, those ink blots were easy to spot.

I didn´t have as much trouble finding objects as I thought I would from the reviews I read. However, what is a wolf doing up in a tree? I thought we were beyond putting items where they don´t belong. And yes, there were quite a few objects that blended in too well colour-wise with the background.

I didn´t care for those psychedelic swirls that came up on a regular basis.

I won´t buy this game, because this seems to be more of a straight-forward HOG rather than something where you have to think a little as well in order to get on in the game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 8, 11 5:00 AM
The graphics are cute. The gameplay is HOG with small, hard to find objects. The storyline is original, but having Hope(the main character) talking to you constantly got reallly annoying.

This game is a B-.

margojg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by margojg on Feb 8, 11 6:56 AM
Sounds like a pass for me too. I don't like STDs and don't work well under pressure. Thanks for the reviews, the save a lot of time.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Feb 8, 11 7:33 AM
Was going to try as I'm getting desperate for a new HOG but this obviously isn't it. Seem to be a lot of fairy tale type games but nothing serious along the lines of 13th etc. Come on developers lets have a real treat for us older types, no offence intended to any fishies who may feel aggrieved at this!!!

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Muse

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Feb 8, 11 10:14 AM
VolleymomDee wrote:I just want to say how much I appreciate your thorough reviews!! You save me so much wasted time. I was very excited about a new premise! YAY for listening...now if the game development will just catch up to a new plot! Thanks again for all of the time you take to review the games.

I agree with VolleymomDee and the rest of the great reviewers. I trust their judgment and I do not bother with the games that have a bad review from my favorites (some of you reviewers have kind of a "cult-like following lol) I also believe that this game would be best played by kids mostly because of the objects looking childlike and easier for kids to find than for us adults. I thank you good reviewers for saving me alot of time and headaches. Jacki

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 8, 11 10:20 AM
I really DID like this game. I see that it had mixed reviews and I almost didn't downlaod it, but its kinda fun. I dont think I'd spend more than 2.99 for it, but I definantely would do that.
The biggest objection I have is the light show..I have epilepsy so all the light flashing in some of these games are a complete yuk. I had to look away from the screen while we traveled from one place to another. Considering how many people get migraines or have seizure disorders, I really don't know why these are put in games...your face is right up there in the screen. I don't see that they offer much to the game..its loading time I guess, but losing possible buyers for this kind of maneuver is really stupid business-wise. ..and could be dangerous.
So, while presently I won't buy the game, DO WATCH OUT for those lights. There're something.
Chris

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Feb 8, 11 10:26 AM
I enjoyed the game. It was a nice change. Variety is the spice of life, and this had a little of everything in it.

Go to: