APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Post any Shop It Up! technical issues here only

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 16, 11 2:44 PM
I followed the instructions in the "Save Errors" link posted by bfgDonau, so now I'm running the game as administrator. Now, for some reason, however, I can't play it from the game manager. I CAN play it from the program files now, though, and it saves so I'm happy!

Tabs, did you try starting it from the Program Files after you ran it as admin?

Maggie

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Feb 16, 11 3:08 PM
Same here - I can't start it from the game manager, but I can run it from the programme files.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 16, 11 4:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Running the game as administrator might be a fix for some players (you can find the steps in the Save Errors help article). If you would like extra help with these steps, please contact Tech Support.

We are working on fixing this save error and will post in this Game Forum if we get an update. If you haven't already, please contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that our team can collect more information on this issue. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by kangajg on Feb 16, 11 10:21 PM
Thank you honeekat.

Worked for me too.

[Post New]by Inishowen on Feb 17, 11 12:37 AM
Every time I quit/save the game I lose all progress, is there a fix/patch available ?

[Post New]by carlyk75 on Feb 17, 11 8:09 PM
I'm having the same problem-got up to level 40 and now it starts me back at 15. Waste of time having to start all over again. It's got to be the game and not some computer setting-all the other games save just fine. Not happy with this purchase!

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 8:09:58 PM PST

[Post New]by deka33 on Feb 18, 11 9:16 AM
APFamily wrote:I followed the instructions in the "Save Errors" link posted by bfgDonau, so now I'm running the game as administrator. Now, for some reason, however, I can't play it from the game manager. I CAN play it from the program files now, though, and it saves so I'm happy!

Tabs, did you try starting it from the Program Files after you ran it as admin?

Maggie

Thanks this has helped me a lot. Now I can play and save the game from the program files!

[Post New]by kimmy8151 on Feb 18, 11 9:16 AM
Hi, I think I have stumbled on a solution for the save issue, it worked for me. I have checked and rechecked and it is saving everytime.

Go to your program files and open program files (x86) , open shop it up, find the faded game icon and right click on this, click you want to be the administrator, if this doesn't fix the problem as it didn't for me, right click on the faded game icon again and click trouble shoot compatability, this found and repaired an error with the game, now everytime I open this game from the program files I have to allow a change to my computer but the game saves and plays great. PS I am running Windows 7 so not sure how it works the other versions of windows.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Feb 18, 11 3:58 PM
With the Save advice posted on this thread, I've managed to cobble together a way to play this game and save my progress. However, this is not good enough. I hate having to start it from program files, and give it permission to make permanent changes to my computer. Big Fish has done much better in the past and needs to do so now. It is very strange that it will not run perfectly on the newer platforms. Fix it or affer refunds to those who want them.

[Post New]by vampirepacifist on Feb 18, 11 5:59 PM
Am I the only one who couldn't even play the trial? As soon as it installed it said my time was up. Now the game will NOT uninstall. I even tried to get rid of it in add/remove programs with no luck.

mlt4838
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mlt4838 on Feb 18, 11 7:11 PM
Any idea on when there might be a fix for the save issue? I just purchased this game today and so wish that I had checked the forum first. I never would have purchased. Since this has been such an ongoing issue, I think that BFG should remove this game for purchase until this issue is corrected. I have submitted a tech support question as requested but I am not holding out much hope.

It is bad for business to have this known issue with a game and continue to sell it to customers.

I have been a customer for a couple of years but have had significant issues with my last two games. Third strike and BFG is out.

[Post New]by m2cute4jerks on Feb 18, 11 7:16 PM
I wish I read this thread before I got this game today....stuck at level 20 and I got up to level 40 and nothing saved....very disappointing.

Roxern3
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Roxern3 on Feb 19, 11 6:01 AM
Ive asked for a refund and heard nothing other than a request for a Felix report. I think even if they fix it they should refund those of us who have purchased it. I dont really understand why they are still letting people buy it when its faulty

[Post New]by misformichelle on Feb 19, 11 2:31 PM
None of the save solutions are solving for me. Really disappointing I never have game issues and BFG is usually so quick to reply. I suspect they are a bit overwhelmed as I still haven't heard back but man alive I, too, wish I had checked the forums technical issues first instead of just seeing positive reviews. This was the first game in AGES where I was really ticked when my trial ended and I just purchased without looking *sigh*

miav3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by miav3 on Feb 20, 11 5:57 AM
I agree, I want a refund. I like the game, but cannot save past level 7 no matter what I try, Ive tried everything posted here. I have bought a lot of games and this is an insult.

[Post New]by jstacey30 on Feb 20, 11 6:15 AM
Got mine to work, hoorah

Im on windows vista, and i went on to programme files, clicked on the faded icon in the game file, set to run as administrator, apply and okay

Then double click faded icon to run the game. But to close the game i used the top right cross icon, not the menu, and this has solved for me.

Better to do this lengthy process then miss out playing in my mind
Thanks to those who have posted solutions

[Post New]by bopric on Feb 21, 11 4:35 AM
Im having the same problem also . the game will not save at all . Big Fish needs to get on this .

[Post New]by JenPen006 on Feb 21, 11 7:57 AM
I've had the same issue-I've tried running it as an administrator-no luck. I've tried using the x on the upper right corner-no luck. Please help, I'd also like a refund.

Roxern3
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Roxern3 on Feb 21, 11 9:19 AM
I have no faded icon on vista

[Post New]by Dutch_BikerBabe on Feb 21, 11 12:26 PM
This is the first time that I've bought a game online. What a bummer.
I've tried all the suggestions made in the forum, but nothing seems to do the trick.
It wasn't untill I bought the game that I got these not saving issues, when I was playing the trial version, it saved just fine.

Go to: