Re:Post any Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight technical issues here only

[Post New]by geonav1 on Feb 15, 11 11:16 AM
In Episode/Chapter 4, I went down the Pirate's Alley to fix the drain pipe puzzle. Everything was going fine when all of a sudden one of the pipe pieces popped into the wrong position and can't be removed or rotated. There's no SKIP button for this one puzzle either. I can walk around the town and do everything, so it's not frozen, but the one puzzle I am now stuck in has created an impasse and I don't want to start over. But I don't what else can be done. Sad- I was enjoying the game!

[Post New]by DruidWolf on Feb 15, 11 4:13 PM
I've been having problems with the graphics. Whenever I try to play the cursor flashes; it disappears and reappears, then the graphics get all weird and then freezes up and I have to quit. The same thing happened with Stray Souls too. I thought it was just a problem with the games itself, but the same problem keeps happening with whatever I've recently downloaded. What the heck is going on here BF?

Edited on 02/15/2011 at 4:16:58 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
327 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 15, 11 5:20 PM
Game ran for me on Vista, but very choppy... like periodic freezing. Some items clicked on as well, would do nothing. Got fed up and uninstalled.

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Feb 15, 11 6:37 PM
I couldn't even download this game because a window kept popping up telling me that it needed a different resolution. My daughter did change the resolution and then I could have played it. But, I decided not to as it then screwed up everything else on my computer. It made everything else condensed. Also, I tried downloading it from Oberon last night and my Norton Security window kept opening up and wouldn't let me download it. Then today, I tried Oberon again, and it wouldn't do anything.

Strixi
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Strixi on Feb 16, 11 12:30 AM
Another access violation. Ya know, this is getting old. This is about the sixth or seventh game I've had a problem with since the end of October. I joined BFG in May and had no problems at all for the first five months and now these last three months the new games are either giving me access violations, phantom play (where it says it's running, but it never opens), or it just says the program has ended.

I've updated all of my drivers and all of my Windows stuff. I run Vista Ultimate with a common virus protection program.

It's very frustrating.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Feb 16, 11 4:29 AM
I can't even start the trial because it says my computer has some sort of resolution problem. Please I would love to play this game but I can't change the resolution on my computer because when I do it throws everything else off in my computer. Can't you fix this problem for those of us with older computers pleeeeeasse?

[Post New]by punkandgoth69 on Feb 16, 11 10:46 AM
Me too. Access Errors every time I try to retrieve the doll, game crashes and closes. I purchased this game, have tried all the "help" steps, and would like a solution, patch or my money back. Am also having this issue with Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison.

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 16, 11 12:03 PM
Helmaron wrote:Wouldn't even start.

Downloaded game.

Got "Downloading Game Stub"

Got a box which said "UNPACKING RESOURSES"

Waited patiently

When the play page came up it said that I had 57 minutes left to play

Pressed play

Game icon blinked briefly on the desktop bar at the bottom of the page.
Then disappeared

I pressed the play button again, but it said I had a game already playing

Exited the game stub and tried again.

Pressed play

Game icon blinked briefly on the desktop bar at the bottom of the page.
Then disappeared
I pressed the play button again, but it said I had a game already playing

Still the same

Uninstalled!

Pity! I was looking forward to this as I like the Sookie Stackhouse books. Not so keen on the TV series. Too much artistic licence.

I had the same problem, so I will wait till BF fixes things before I buy..

tabra0424
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tabra0424 on Feb 16, 11 12:05 PM
I was looking forward to playing this game. nothing but problems from the start I will wait till they fix before I buy

deejae101
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Feb 16, 11 2:17 PM
I'm stuck in the boat screen. I thought I had everything, flag, hat, password ~ but when I get to the boat she says must need something more than the "safe" flag. But when I try to get out of the boat screen there's no purple arrow to let you leave back to the docks and so I can't get anywhere to double check that I have everything. In my inventory there's only the pirate hat, so maybe I didn't pick up the flag?

But, I can't get back to the flag shop to see for sure. Am I going to have to start the whole game over again and is this a technical problem or what?

Anyone else have this "stuck in the boat screen" problem?

gam2019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gam2019 on Feb 18, 11 10:21 AM
I had the same issue....didn't even get to try the game....after down loading I had BOTH the extra download...it told me it was UNPACKING RESOURCES and then when that was done.......

The game just didn't play...however....it thanked me for playing and that my trial was over..............

I'm getting to the point where I am seriously thinking of closing my BFG account b/c this seems to happen lately on a regular basis...Getting fed up with not being able to play a lot of games............and to redownload later only to find out that the bugs haven't been fixed....

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,871 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 18, 11 2:24 PM
Anybody else having problems getting it to run in widescreen mode?

I have windows 7 no problem (so far) getting it to download or run. But nothing happens when I either choose widescreen or uncheck the box - stays the same.

When I unclick fullscreen, then it goes to widescreen but it ends up being windowed - half the size of my screen.

[Post New]by OceanicWhiteTip on Feb 19, 11 9:40 AM
I actually played the whole trial and liked the game so much that I bought it (how I wish I hadn't now . The game has worked fine with no problems at all up to the bit where you need to enter the secret entrance in the graveyard, as soon as I click to enter it the game crashes and comes up with the following:
Error:Access violation at 0X0069CECC tried to write to 0X27AD000 program terminated
I have been through every help screen on the Big Fish games help screens and have updated all the updates, un-installed and re-installed Adobe etc and the game and it is still crashing. I know that the problem can't be with my computer or software etc as the game was working perfectly fine up to that point in the game. To add insult to injury I have tried several times to contact the Big Fish help along with attaching the Dr Felix Results and it won't let me send the e-mail to them at all.
Please Big Fish if you are reading these streams can someone get in contact with me urgently? At this point I am extremely frustrated and annoyed.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 9:47:05 AM PST

cgraham83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cgraham83 on Feb 19, 11 1:37 PM
FINALLY resolved the access violation error (on my system anyway)! Only took an hour of playing around with every setting <g> (i'm running Windows 7, x64 bit). Running in safe mode did nothing.

Last night, I got in after receiving this error a few times...not sure how. Went to open again today, and no dice

updated NVIDIA GForce graphics drivers... did nothing

Right clicked BF Manager icon, selected properties. Click compatibility tab. Under compatibility mode, click box and select Windows Vista, Service Pack 1. While your there, click the option to "run this program as an Administrator".

For me, this was enough to eliminate the error, but not enough to open the game. Firewall getting in the way (first time this happened on any of the fishie games I've played). I'm running Norton Internet Security.

Opened Norton Internet security. Under Web option, click Settings. Choose Program Control. Chance the BF Manager and Services to "Allow" (instead of auto). Next, click ADD; browse through to your games installation folder, and select the sjhhzkz EXE file. Click apply to save settings. (ensure that sjhhzkz EXE is also set to "allow", and not auto).

That resolved the problem for me. Readme files say it's not compatible with FireFox, 3.6. so close FF prior to playing the game. I've had no problem with keeping FF open, but mentioning it just in case.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Feb 20, 11 3:37 AM
Where I ran into an issue was on the very last cutscene that shows the showdown with the evil Vamps and the 'plague' rat being used.

That slowed down my entire computer to such a degree that I couldn't Skip out of it. The audio dialog played first then each snapshot achingly slowly came into view and crawled to its place on the screen. Took close to 5 mins for the whole thing to play out before I could can out of the scene and end the game.

sonofstar, I had the exact same problem with the final cutscene. Everything ran pretty well up until then, if you don't count the load times between scenes. I adore the bat on the splashpage, so I didn't mind that so much. I have a 4 year old machine running XP, so thought that might have been the problem with the cutscene. Since you're running Win7, that's clearly not the issue!

donrus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by donrus on Feb 20, 11 12:38 PM
I am having the same problem as deejay101. I am trying to get to the pirate boat. The parrot has gotten a pretzel, a cracker, and a red scarf and has told me the name of the boat,and about the safe flag, the hat, and the password. I have the safe flag, the black hat, and know the password "Needle-My-Eye." However, when I go out to the ship Dahlia says that the lookout must be looking for something besides the safe flag and I need to check with the parrot again. I can't check with the parrot...that part is finished with just a comment by Dahlia that the parrot knew what she wanted. I checked in the trophy room to be sure I had the hat (I do) which is also in my inventory.

By the way deejay101, you can get off the dinghy by touching it to the dock.

For the user stuck at the bloodbank, you have to click on the nurse's outfit in your inventory to put it on. It is not enough to just have it in your inventory.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME GET ON THE PIRATE SHIP!!!

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Feb 20, 11 12:48 PM
Gieyo wrote:
GrammaKj wrote:First of all when I clicked "play" in the game manager, a box popped up that said "unpacking resources" and it took forever for it to unpack.

Plus dreadfully slow loading each time you have to switch locations, very slow cursor, some hotspot issues.
Too bad, as the game in itself was interesting.

I had the same issue - it unpacked ok but took forever to work when I clicked on something. I often got the dialogue before the picture changed. It's so bad I grabbed a book to read in between clicks. I hoped I could turn off the custom cursor because that sometimes helps but I didn't find an option for it. My trial time expired before I could really see very much. Real bummer as it looked like it would be a great game if it worked right. Guess I'll look for another game. It's a no buy for me.

[Post New]by po1gara on Feb 20, 11 8:45 PM
Had no problems downloading the game or game play. My problem is sound. From the start I have had no sound. What fun is a game without it??? I have checked and rechecked my sound card. Installed updates, uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I even went into directx to see if there is a problem but cannot find one. I want the game but if there is this many problems out there and nothing is being done, then why have it listed in the first place? All it does is cause frustration when gamers are interested and there are no fixes readily available. I'm out my money and have nothing but frustration to show for it. I have been gaming with bfg for almost 3yrs now and this is the only game that I have had any problems with.

[Post New]by 2008hagen on Feb 21, 11 3:49 PM
I am also having trouble boarding the pirate ship.
I have experienced donrus problems.
Help!

CTEnsley
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CTEnsley on Feb 22, 11 12:19 PM
LadyLark wrote:
Where I ran into an issue was on the very last cutscene that shows the showdown with the evil Vamps and the 'plague' rat being used.

That slowed down my entire computer to such a degree that I couldn't Skip out of it. The audio dialog played first then each snapshot achingly slowly came into view and crawled to its place on the screen. Took close to 5 mins for the whole thing to play out before I could can out of the scene and end the game.

sonofstar, I had the exact same problem with the final cutscene. Everything ran pretty well up until then, if you don't count the load times between scenes. I adore the bat on the splashpage, so I didn't mind that so much. I have a 4 year old machine running XP, so thought that might have been the problem with the cutscene. Since you're running Win7, that's clearly not the issue!

Go to: