gypsybaby1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by gypsybaby1 on Feb 18, 11 1:01 PM
Ugh!! After 5 minutes I'm ready to delete it!
Slow, bad graphics, very amateur compared to Stray Souls, Maestro and even the Charlaine Harris HOG's that just came out within the last week. Glad I didn't waste the credits to purchase sight unseen.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Feb 18, 11 1:06 PM
I have to agree, this is an awful game. I had to close and trash after 10 minutes. I wish BFG would alternate good and bad (if necessary) games, so we would be happy at least every other day. Haha.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 18, 11 1:09 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:cont --

Finally, this is a HOG/Frog, with graphics, music, sound effects, etc., as good as any Hog. The game play? That's where the "I'm going to form my own opinion" comes in. We need to keep in mind that it is a hog, and doesn't pretend to be anything else. I don't consider it to rubbish or the worst game I've seen - it just may not be sophisticated enough for those that thrive on such games as yesterday's release. At the very least, it is something that HOG lovers should at least look at. And if you do like it, and can get past the STD's or love them, then this might be a good game for you. If not, then at least you can say you tried.

Thank you for your great review, GD. And although I love games like Maestro, the way you described this game, it seems also right up my alley. And... and this is a plus for me... I rather like "Spot the Difference" games. Don´t know why a lot of people don´t like them.
So I will definitely give this one a try.

ETA: Four people got between my two posts!

*shock* How dare they! LOL

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 2:05:47 PM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 18, 11 1:47 PM
Wow, that was painful. After reading such a mix of reviews I gave it a go, cause, heck, people worked hard on this...but it is really a stillted and dead game.
It looks like a new developer might have given this a go...a maybe for a first time, we'd all be proud to have said we'd created this. But there are a lot of things the devolper needs to learn...quickly..before he goes under.
-the compitition is rough out there, know that going in.
- if your creating a HOG, create a HOG. that's fair for a new developer..but work on the items your asking us to find. MAke us feel like we have succeeded in something, give us a goal..find code papers? put them together and use it. Don't let us have to wait for the hint button to find everyting for us or have to click mindlessly out of frustration. A lot of us in here have "mature" eyes and not the biggest monitors in the world...remember that. If we get frustrated...we'll delelte and your done.
-find the differences----I can't speak for every one, but I always sigh deeply and painfully when these come up. Remember that and PLEASE don't put one after another...that's when I caved and deleted your game.
-story line...awful. Really is. Would YOU be interested in playing that story line?
-graphics- this developer has a creative and very promising graphic deighner,,the artistry is interesting and well done. Watch out, dev, that you don't lose him.
-game play--there really isn't any except the minigame which needs to be rewritten to understand exactly what the final result is,...I take it that this is a translation kind of thing. For each country, rent an american (for us) student who is in your country to read through it...not a fellow countryman who knows english, it isn't the same.
-stay away from the card-board cutout animations. I used to do that kind of anbimation back in the 60's...Come on, I know how easy it is and it looks really silly.

-I wish you the best, developer, I really do. Look at some of the other games, especially the CE ones as they usually have been deeply deveoped. You don't have the deep pockets yet, but if you give us new ideas, nice graphics and a flowing gameplay...you'll get there.
kris

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Feb 18, 11 2:06 PM
i wanted to like this game because the graphics are wonderful. i started off with expert which was ok til i got to the office. hidden objects indeed. had to switch back to casual mode, which was better as i already knew where most of the things were to be found, just to finally find the freakin ruler which was a pain. then i got to the quarters. well, i fancy myself to be somewhat bright and very well read, but i didn't understand what exactly was needed to 'win' this game. there was no repeat of instructions no matter what i tried and after racking up 68 points with no solution i smacked the crystal ball but just got a new game with a pyramid and no instructions. that's when i came here. since it wasn't that much fun the first or second time to play the inital scenes, i think i will give this a pass. i'm thinking too convoluted and too boring for my needs.
if you are a true hog fan, this may be your brand of vodka...

SHEAR_JOY
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by SHEAR_JOY on Feb 18, 11 2:14 PM
Well, I'll start by writing, I got a big screen so I can enjoy my games better. I read the comments about this game [which I do before I buy and sometimes the free trial]and this time I read before I play the trial. WOW! I never heard so many bad reviews I had to play the free trial. Lots of time I find the game enjoyable even with a bad rap. BUT!

First I saw 11/2" top and 11/2" at bottom of the screen is blank.The min-games has no reset. The first seen the park I found the 'cane' and try clicking on it different places and did NOT register well you all wrote the sad truth of this game. Well, you fishes be kind to one an other.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 18, 11 3:28 PM
Good graphics. I hate STD. I have just been spoiled with Maestro and got plain bored with this one. Not in the mood for straight H0G/FR0G: Hated the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen (first time this happens to me when I play full screen, and I always do). A definite no buy for me.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Feb 18, 11 3:54 PM
Fell asleep and woke up to see my time was up, I think that says it all

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 18, 11 4:02 PM
cherbtoo wrote:The first thing that struck me was looking for the earring. I would look for mine too if I lost one but I certainly would not bother for one that looks like a bit of cheap red plastic.

There is a small delay between you clicking on an object and it disappearing but with the baseball bat I had to click it a lot of times and I did this slowly and then got frustrated and then fast clicked on it ... found out what happens when you do that ... the whole screen goes black which is definitely better than your cursor looping the loop but is still annoying.

Having found the pieces of paper containing the code for the door I was disappointed not to have to put them together and then actually enter it. It was on the next scene that I actually gave up, I got bored looking for the even more and smaller pieces of paper so never actually made it to a minigame.

Sorry devs I'm with Podette this is definitely not a game for me.

Cherb

You always make me laugh even if I don't always agree with you Cherbtoo! (the red plastic earring LOLOL) However this time I am with you and the rest of the fishy's its Bad Bad bad, too many really great games have come out recently for anyone to actually WANT this one! Sorry BFG but if thats the way you are kicking off a "holiday weekend" you have alot ot answer for in the next 3 days!

Lean

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 18, 11 4:10 PM
Well, here I go. I didn't like the constant zooming in and out of the people. Just give me the words to click through. Rather boring story line. I like the STD's actually. Frequently more challenging than most of the games. Do not like the sliding games at all. It's like Rubik's Cube...hated it. Liked the sound when you found an object, but fades out rather than click, so sometimes hard to see that you actually did find something. I can see that a lot of people would like this game, it isn't bad, but isn't really good either. Wouldn't take much to make it better, but not for me. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cll026497 on Feb 18, 11 4:21 PM
Ok I had to come back and admit that I used the Felix discount and bought the game it is not one I would compare to yesterdays game but then again it is allot better than many we have seen lately. And I did complain about the Maestro game because of the cost compared to the shortness of the game, I promise not to complain about this game but to just enjoy it for what it is, a cheap game

[Post New]by gamineannie on Feb 18, 11 6:26 PM
nightmusk wrote:sorry
have to agree with most of the posters on here
a complete and utter load of rubbish
only played for 10 mins
went straight in the trash can
when are we gonna get some decent games
to rival return to ravenhurst
13 skulls
the queen of spades
to mention a few

All of those games originally came out as CEs! So, yes, you can expect a higher quality from a pricier game! I gave this one two separate tries. The first was very late in the early a.m., and I assumed my state of tiredness was making the items harder to find. Used a hint for one of the miniscule map pieces and didn't see it even when the hint surrounded it perfectly. Tried again later, but some items were still veeeerrrry hard to see. The mini-games I encountered were either boring and repeated at three levels, with the skip reinititiating each time anew. Or they were STDs, which I dislike as much as the English dislike the disease!
Storyline was pitiful, characterizations poor. Not my cup of tea.
Yes, it is a regular release and not to be compared with any MCF or ERS release, but it could have been at least a bit more entertaining and easier on the eyes.
NO BUY here, but best wishes to those of you who still enjoy straight HOGs.
Happy President's Day all!

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Feb 18, 11 6:35 PM
What a whoot!!

First let me say the game loaded quickly, no technical issues, fast scene shifts.
Not a thing wrong with the technical aspects of the game.

The HOG scenes are fairly easy some really easy and some a bit harder. Not too dark and dismal.

The best part of this game is the story and dialogue. I kept playing because the dialogue was soooo bad it made me laugh every time it appeared. I kept thinking it could not get worse but it did. Reminded me of the dialogue in Nevosoft games, bad really badddd!

So overall an unimpressive game but the trial went by quickly simply because the story and dialogue gave me an hour of entertainment.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 6:45:56 PM PST

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Feb 18, 11 6:35 PM
Ditto, this is one of the worst!

patkerash
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by patkerash on Feb 18, 11 6:38 PM
Definately not a buy for me.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Feb 18, 11 7:44 PM
boo, hiss!!!! No buy here. Slow, dulll, boring, poor graphics, just plain bad.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 8:19:52 PM PST

SSSTANG
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SSSTANG on Feb 18, 11 8:44 PM
Not for me. I LOVE HOGs, but this one is a yawn-fest. I dislike the Spoot the Differences, and some of the items in these are ridiculously small and difficult to find. The story-line and characters are boooooo-ring. I usually jump right in and buy the new HOGs, but, for some reason, I did the trial on this one. THANK GOODNESS!

It;s a no-buy, for me, even a the President's Days sale price...

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 18, 11 9:23 PM
tuttepeever wrote:Straight to the Trash Bin. A piece of crap,

Lol. Don't hold back now, tell us what you really think. Straight to the point, no mincing of words. Not the most in-depth review, but it got the point across!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 18, 11 10:49 PM
Ahh, Boomer...you got it! Sometimes the dialogue is so bad, so fractured; so inane that it actually turns out to be hilarious. Guess you just have to be in a certain mindset to get that, lol. I have a side game that I play with myself when playing some of the games like this...I try to imagine the developers, how they look, what they are actually thinking, and what they are actually saying, meaning, and what actually comes out. LOL, I have a great time with dialogue like this for that reason. I also laugh when I read how bent out of shape some folks get because of it. Guess they wouldn't get my sense of humor. And I also tend to believe I am not mainstream...so, who cares. I laugh, some also laugh, and those who don't get it, get their thing elsewhere.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 19, 11 2:19 AM
This is just a simple "straight" HOG game. You got to realize that when playing it.
The only complaint I had was at time the **** were too tiny to see, but the hint ball filled fairly quickly compaired to other games. It was an "okay" game.

Go to: