rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Feb 19, 11 5:09 PM
Why are the posts by the moderators blocked? It is disappointing that they don't seem interested. They want us to figure out what is wrong. I have two credits because the games have been so bad lately. The access error is very annoying.

julese53
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by julese53 on Feb 19, 11 5:33 PM
Well, same problem for me, access violation. I tried all suggestions...didn't work. I sent off an email to CS. We'll see how that goes.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 19, 11 5:41 PM
Hi rozanne123,

We definitely do care about this issue and the other threads referencing technical issues have only been locked so that it's easier for our tech team to utilize the Forums to keep track of the different errors/situations that are being reported. They will typically check the stickied tech thread in any given Forum that has a title similar to Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only, so we want to make sure that all issues are reported in that thread.

We're currently asking that anyone encountering an Access Violation with Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come contact our Customer Support team with a Dr. Felix Report. If you're also able to provide as much information as possible about the timing of the Access Violation, this will also really help.

Once our tech team has gathered enough info, they'll be able to send it on further to the game's developer, who can then potentially deliver a fix for the game.

Also, a number of customers who were running into the Access Violation have been able to get around the error by deleting their previous save data and then starting the game again from the beginning with a new player profile. This may be worth a try in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Allee
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Allee on Feb 19, 11 5:49 PM
I am not having any problems with the demo for Treasure Seekers, but I do get the Access Violation error often. I can sometimes get the game to play if I open the game manager and then go to my desk top and click on the short cut that was put on the desk top when the game installed. It worked for two trials that I downloaded yesterday. Good luck. It is so frustrating and I have tried everything suggested by customer support.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 19, 11 6:02 PM
Also, a number of customers who were running into the Access Violation have been able to get around the error by deleting their previous save data and then starting the game again from the beginning with a new player profile. This may be worth a try in the meantime.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Where would I find my save data? Thanks

linssue55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by linssue55 on Feb 19, 11 6:12 PM
Access code violation problem!

I never post here but for the last 2-3 months I have been reading all of the tech issues you all post. I have been having the same problems, allllllll..... kinds of problems with many/same games that are posted in each Tech problem forum for each game.

None of the problems have been rectified thus far, did all of the Help Pages again and again, to no avail. I have been buying these games, mostly HOG since 2006. I have one game credit to buy but the ones I want don't work.

Some of these games have been on (game sites removed by moderator) and have had no problem with any of them, not so with BF. As soon as I spend my credit, I am going to cancel with BF, until or IF??, they get these problems fixed.

I do not think that whomever takes care of the tech issues for each game, that they are not doing their jobs. Many of us have all different kinds of computers and with all of our computers having the same game problems, it is NOT the fault of our individual computers. The problems is with BF and they need to do something or I am afraid they will go down like others have in the past.

It is sad and to bad for I have really enjoyed their games.

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 8:57:16 AM PST

Contact "Help" area doesnt even work

[Post New]by AzredheadedBrat on Feb 19, 11 6:23 PM
Access Violation at 0x0040149E, (Tried to read from
0x0000001C) program terminated

Tried to report this with a Dr. Felix report and error message, but even the
Contact area is broken. I kept filling out the form and clicking "Check for
answers" button but nothing would happen. Its as if the button is broken.
My computer doesnt even try to open the link, even when right clicking.

Wish I would have read the reviews before buying. This game is glitched out.

[Post New]by boppy3 on Feb 19, 11 6:29 PM
I am also getting the access denied message. What I want to know is how long does it take BFG to fix these issues and how do you know it has been done? I am not new to BFG but lately these issues with the games are making me a little upset along with alot of other people I am sure. I like this game and I do have the other Treasure seeker games. Would be nice if I could play this one since I bought it because I had no trouble playing the one hour free play. Thats what I get for not coming to the forums first.

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Feb 19, 11 6:35 PM
bought the game and then started getting error message and terminated the game

[Post New]by terriel on Feb 19, 11 6:56 PM
lovely62 wrote:once i made a new profile the game works great!! try to do that and see what happens, The game is really a cool game..thx

After reading this message I tried the suggestion and it worked for me, too. No more error message. It is a simple fix to try!

shervy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shervy on Feb 19, 11 7:22 PM
Look out here i come....jumping on the error access violation bandwagon.
Soon as i hit play......forget it! Im running windows vista.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Feb 19, 11 8:03 PM
When I first installed the game, as soon as it validated there was a hard crash with my computer.(had to turn power off then on again) Then I was able to play it...tonight I wanted to play it again, and got the opening screens, but the minute I hit play, there was an access violation message...Since the new game manager every game I have purchased and downloaded here has resulted in a hard crash of my computer...I am running Win7 32 bit, and every piece of my software is uptodate, and my system is cleaned and defragged...there is no excuse for this! I have downloaded games from many different sites in the last few days and they all work flawlessly...I am seriously considering quitting this company, especially after all the other problems...

[Post New]by CapnFlint on Feb 19, 11 8:47 PM
I TOOK ADVICE FROM PLAYERS TO TRY A NEW PROFILE AND IT WORKED PERFERCTLY. AFTER RECEIVING ERROR AND UNINSALLING AND REINSTALLING TWICE I CAME HERE AND TRIED EASIEST SOLUTION. tHANKS TO YOU ALL FOR RECOMMENDIG THIS SOLUTION. tHE GAME IS GOOD!

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Feb 19, 11 10:12 PM
Really liked this game - a nice ending

The only way I could keep on playing was to not turn off the game.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 19, 11 10:14 PM
Creating a new profile is the way to go. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and had the Access Violation after activating the trial. All is running really well now.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Feb 20, 11 3:02 AM
lovely62 wrote:once i made a new profile the game works great!! try to do that and see what happens, The game is really a cool game..thx

Yes I did that, changed my profile, worked great, but have just gone back in to play again and you guessed it, it happened again, and I had gone ahead and purchased the game,thinking it was going to be alright because it was alright before. I just went in to check the other games of the treasure seekers that I have bought, and they are not working, the same thing is happening, with the canvas one the hints don't work and the little boxes not popping up so what it happen ing

[Post New]by SHARKY_LOU on Feb 20, 11 3:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

i can also play if i delete my profile and restart ....... however if i exit i have to delete and restart from scratch every time i open and close the game. its not really a fix but away to play (if you can avoid exiting). just dont expect your game to start where you left it the next time you go in. If it has worked for some great, but dont get you hopes up if your about to try it.

im running windows vista premium, and i know its not my computer!!!!!! sent Dr Felix in to customer services anyway. Will have to wait for a fix or a refund

**swims of sulking**

x sharky_lou x

[Post New]by merryco on Feb 20, 11 5:11 AM
I finally got the game to work too...by reinstalling twice and changing profile 3 times. Now am stuck in the chapel tryig to get the magnifying glass to find a key for the glass topped box where some papers are. It won't work, and I can't go any further
Anyone else experience this??

[Post New]by merryco on Feb 20, 11 5:25 AM
Correction...it's the alarm system in the chapel that the X-glass can't find.! there is sheet music in the box to play the organ in the temple. X-glass worked just fine on the previous tasks.

[Post New]by tiahsue on Feb 20, 11 6:17 AM
Same problem, access denied. If I get no satisfaction, I am canceling membership and joining another that cares. They will take you money each month...but they don't care if it works.

Go to: