sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery

[Post New]by sunidayz on Feb 22, 11 1:54 AM
This was an alright game. I have seen better and have seen worse. Graphics were okay. MIni games were so-so. Like I said I have played worse HOG games out there.

WPat651044
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by WPat651044 on Feb 22, 11 5:06 AM
Hi,

I have encountered a problem in the final chapter. The game froze and I got an Error: access violation 0X00537D6B (tried to read from 0X00000210) program terminated. I had to do use Ctrl Alt Delete to get back to the screen. I have unstalled and installed the game twice. The prevents me from finishing this game. Where do I go from here? Can you help?

Thanks,

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 22, 11 6:31 AM
The graphics are rudimentary, the story so-so, the overall feel is just less-than-stellar quality. Perhaps I have been spoiled by recent releases like, Mishap 2, Phantasmat, and Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight, but this just did not have much appeal for me. Not even with the weekend price of $4.99, did it beckon. It ran perfectly on my computer (Windows 7 Professional 64 bit), but that did not prove sufficient to woo me. It was without a morsel of regret that I uninstalled it after the demo. I'm looking forward to more truly exciting entries in the HOG arena; but I'll certainly take a pass on this one.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 1:03:36 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 22, 11 10:13 AM
A rather nice game and I like it. I like the relaxed and not timed play. Have not had any problems and the storyline is cute. Nice graphics and a good price for the game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 22, 11 12:28 PM
melly_melons wrote:Veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy disappointed, bought the game, why? I don't know!! Following my trial period of 1 hour.. I only had 15 more minutes of play.. why don't people make long difficult games anymore!!!

How did you finish it so quickly?? After the trial I had found 2 relics, took me about 4 hours to find all 8 relics and complete the puzzles.

Nice little game, I really enjoyed it. Some of the puzzles got tricky towards the end, hidden objects not too easy or hard, reasonable storyline and bought it in the sale to fill my punch card. Definitely worth a look if you want something bright and cheerful to while away a few hours!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Feb 22, 11 11:10 PM
Hey fellow fishes!
I had to opportunity to beta-test this game and I thought it was an OK, fairly easy game. Back then, there was a lot of work to be done on it but I see others are it so enjoy! I may take a try it again and see if I like it now.
Next up: Voodoo Whisperer (i hope!)

-lunachan

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Feb 23, 11 12:40 AM
Ok thought it was only fair to try the improved game and ....I like it! They did a good job Happy Gaming

-lunachan

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 23, 11 5:10 AM
I like this game. (Don´t know why some fishies compare this game with CEs - this game has nothing to do with CEs).

I like the graphics, and the ease of the gameplay. This is a fun game with a cute dog, who I love. And there are some nice mini games to play.

A buy for me.

Additional: I have only one slight complaint: The items we have to find in the ring should have been coloured instead showing them more or less like an outline in just black. Some items are a little hard to identify the way they are shown.

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 7:00:59 AM PST

[Post New]by kdog2008 on Feb 23, 11 6:24 AM
I have played a lot of Nancy Drew games for the PC and sometimes the dialog and the graphics would freeze up, and it would take a long time for it to catch up with itself. Sometimes it would ruin the whole gaming experience. But this game has none of these problems!! When I play this game I feel like I am actually in it because the graphics are spectacular and the dialog is quite clever! I would definitely save up the money to buy this game!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 23, 11 7:20 AM
The graphics are nicely done. The game is an IHOG with HOG and minigames. Nothing in this game is particularly hard. It is a good game for a beginner. There are two modes, causal and challenge. The hint bar recharges slower and there are no sparkle hints in challenge mode. A nice game with a pretty predictable storyline.

This game is a B.

[Post New]by Georgieflip on Feb 23, 11 12:58 PM
Loved it!! Very enjoyable. Also loved the dog.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 23, 11 5:11 PM
Was it just me but did the lag time between scenes extra long? I found the game only ok it was a bit on the easy side for me. Of course I just came off of a Nancy Drew and those are a bit rough at times, but I am so sick of HOG's & IHOG's that I just had to play something else! so a no buy here but Happy Gaming to ALL you fishies who like it!

dallas50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by dallas50 on Feb 23, 11 6:25 PM
I loved the game. It was short, but on sale. The only problem I encountered was some of the puzzles did't have instructions and I couldn't find a place to get them. My only choice was to skip and I didn't like having to do that.

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Feb 23, 11 6:37 PM
Good game for beginners.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 23, 11 8:49 PM
I really liked this game (and bought it). The graphics were lovely and clear (although some objects in the FROG a little hard to find), the mini games always changed, nice storyline, easy to follow. The music was a tad irritating, but nothing that a mute button won't fix. Looking forward to the next one, with hopefully more game play as this was a little short.

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Feb 24, 11 2:51 AM
A nice game with great, clear graphics but way too easy for me. Would be good for kids or beginners.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 24, 11 4:20 PM
Thanks for all the great reviews, fishies . I agree with all the good things and also that it may be a tad easy , but, hey the game had me when I saw the Westie and when it went to sleep, it was a slam dunk for me . The only downside for me is that it loads a bit slow between scenes , but nothing I can't live with! Happy gaming everyone ! Gone to buy!

[Post New]by greyhoundgirl on Feb 25, 11 7:05 PM
I was going along at a pretty good pace when the darn thing blew up on me. Now I have to uninstall, reinstall, and replay. I do wish these games would have a way to go forward and back by chaper. It does get a little tedious to play and replay.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game. Sometimes I just want junk food for my brain.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 27, 11 4:42 PM
regardless of the teeny bopper off to save dear old dad premise... the game has quite a bit going for it... even i have to admit that

the searches are actually pertinent to the developing story and the puzzles relatively easy to solve... LOVE the rotary phone! very period...

mildly surprised - i'd say that this one is definitely more thumbs up than down check it out

easybake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by easybake on Mar 1, 11 4:30 AM
I played the demo.

I liked it.

I got pretty far, and I think I was close to finishing before the demo was up.

I have a feeling that it's not very long.

Nice graphics, good story. I thought it was odd that people would just let her help them or look into their house. If it was real life, I think that I'd be suspicious of a person who called to warn me that a robbery/theft was about to happen, or showed up right after the robbery/theft occurred. I mean, how would I know if the person wasn't an accomplice or something? And as others have pointed out, Penny is similar to Nancy Drew, but even in the Nancy Drew-verse, people were suspicious and not completely trusting of Nancy. However, this is neither real life nor Nancy Drew, so no complaints.

I'll probably end up buying it, but I think I'll wait until I don't remember what I've done so I can start fresh.

P.S. Random; Theft: non-confrontational, Robbery: confrontational. For clarity's sake

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 4:36:02 AM PST

Go to: