bgtts
Clownfish
Clownfish
610 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bgtts on Mar 7, 11 5:49 AM
Where is the key for the armory room? Have the lasers pointed at the keyhole, but have no key. Reviewed the SG, but there is no mention of it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 7, 11 6:34 AM
bgtts wrote:Where is the key for the armory room? Have the lasers pointed at the keyhole, but have no key. Reviewed the SG, but there is no mention of it.

SPOILER (highlight to read):

The armory key is found in princess Ivy's dresser mirror after you place the metal frog plating on the dresser.

That info is on page 50 of the strategy guide.

Good luck!

bgtts
Clownfish
Clownfish
610 Posts

[Post New]by bgtts on Mar 7, 11 8:39 AM
WilJul wrote:
bgtts wrote:Where is the key for the armory room? Have the lasers pointed at the keyhole, but have no key. Reviewed the SG, but there is no mention of it.

SPOILER (highlight to read):

The armory key is found in princess Ivy's dresser mirror after you place the metal frog plating on the dresser.

That info is on page 50 of the strategy guide.

Good luck!

THANK YOU, WilJul!!!! That did it!! Onwards now!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 7, 11 6:11 PM
bgtts wrote:
THANK YOU, WilJul!!!! That did it!! Onwards now!

Yay! Glad you got it! Happy gaming!!

[Post New]by silverlash on Mar 11, 11 1:24 AM
I am looking for a walk through. I like to have it handy should I run into a problem. Does anyuone know where I can find it. Since I haven't started the game yet, shoul I start in hard mode as most seem to be having various problems when using relaxed mode (which I usually use the first time I play the game)?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 11, 11 2:34 AM
Hi silverlash,

Welcome to the pond!

The game has actually got a built in strategy guide that you can access while you're playing. You don't even need to go back to the main menu, you can consult it as you play .

To access hard mode, you need to go through the standard mode first.

Once you finish the main adventure once, you have access to hard mode and you also have access to the bonus adventure exclusive to the Collector's Edition: the Frozen Lair.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by silverlash on Mar 12, 11 7:45 AM
Thanks so much

BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on Mar 13, 11 10:30 PM
I'm stuck in Ch 4. I don't have the seashell, and I can't find the hidden object scene to get the fifth ship. I have 4/5 ships, oar, rusty key, square mirror, leaf heirloom, 1 tiara and 1 planrt potion.

BeanerECMO
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by BeanerECMO on Mar 13, 11 11:43 PM
Nevermind. I'm in Ch 6. Forgot the leaf heirloom use.

[Post New]by francest on Mar 15, 11 6:57 PM
So far I've played the game twice up tp the crown. Whats up with that? HELP!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 15, 11 8:24 PM
francest wrote: So far I've played the game twice up tp the crown. Whats up with that? HELP!!

You don't need the frog crown the first time you play in regular mode. Once you finish regular mode and start the game again in hard mode, the crown will be in your inventory.

Spicy4
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Spicy4 on Mar 16, 11 7:10 PM
I'm in the armory but the helmet is not morphing. I pointed at the base of the stand and a message came across the top of the screen "SCENE_33_MISSINGFROMMETALLICSTAND". I don't know if this an error msg but I'm stuck and the SG isn't helping me.

bubye
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by bubye on Mar 20, 11 8:01 PM
chromis wrote:Hello fellow players, I see I'm not the only one having trouble with finding the golden frog crown in chapter 2 does anyone know where to find it as I have been all over the place and I don't see it anywhere. Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 20, 11 9:22 PM
bubye wrote:
chromis wrote:Hello fellow players, I see I'm not the only one having trouble with finding the golden frog crown in chapter 2 does anyone know where to find it as I have been all over the place and I don't see it anywhere. Help!

This question was answered multiple times on the same page as the post you copied, just under it. You can also look at the thread Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown, marked with a yellow sticky note.

[Post New]by jdnPequot on Mar 21, 11 6:30 AM

[Post New]by jdnPequot on Mar 21, 11 6:38 AM
Good Luck ! Once you find the key, try inserting it in the keyhole. I tried at least 50 times doing this ()after I established the lasers) but it doesn't connect, making it impossible to continue the game. What's up Doc?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 21, 11 9:35 AM
jdnPequot wrote:Good Luck ! Once you find the key, try inserting it in the keyhole. I tried at least 50 times doing this ()after I established the lasers) but it doesn't connect, making it impossible to continue the game. What's up Doc?

Hi jdnPequot! Try this - while holding the key, focus on touching your cursor tip to the keyhole instead of worrying about the key itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

[Post New]by tsipiri on Mar 21, 11 11:13 AM
hello, i've played twice the game, finished every task and cursed objects, but the bonus chapter is still locked. what sould i do?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 22, 11 10:05 AM
Hi tsipiri,

Welcome to the pond!

I would definitely get in touch with Customer Support to try getting this issue sorted.

You can get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgmbrium

[Post New]by iraceitaly on Mar 26, 11 1:56 AM
Hi, can someone tell me if the bonus play is worth the additional $. I am tossing up whether to buy CE or SE. Cheers, Angela

Go to: