kdmk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kdmk on Mar 14, 11 2:49 PM
Thanks WilJul that worked. I'm not sure why the cursor has to be to the upper left of the item. Really appreciate the help!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 14, 11 9:31 PM
kdmk wrote:Thanks WilJul that worked. I'm not sure why the cursor has to be to the upper left of the item. Really appreciate the help!!!

Yay! Happy gaming!!

[Post New]by Vickice on Mar 15, 11 5:26 PM
I really liked the story. It was more exciting than Briar Rose but both are great. Around chapter 6 I noticed the mini games were not in full screen. I was in Canada at the time so wasn't sure if the hotel internet feed had anything to do with it. My windows 7 pc downloads other Blue Tea Games with full screen. Is this my mistake or was the game made not at full screen? I thought it was full screen on the preview. Only 2 other people mentioned this so far as I can see. I'm sure that BFG will do what they can with their fine employees to help us ASAP.

[Post New]by Vickice on Mar 18, 11 4:59 PM
Made a mistake. I should have said "Wide Screen" as in "Letterbox" like for television. Briar Rose and Enlightenus were in wide screen. Why not Exiled Prince? Tech problems or download?

Silver Fountain Emblem

[Post New]by Jo_Runs on Mar 19, 11 5:12 PM
I'm having trouble placing the silver fountain enblem I've tried every location on the fountain possible and it won't stay in place. I experienced the same problem with placing a crown on the dolphin at the dock but solved it by starting the game over. Obviously since I'm at Chapter 9, I don't want to do that again. Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Silver Fountain Emblem

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 19, 11 6:18 PM
Jo_Runs wrote:I'm having trouble placing the silver fountain enblem I've tried every location on the fountain possible and it won't stay in place. I experienced the same problem with placing a crown on the dolphin at the dock but solved it by starting the game over. Obviously since I'm at Chapter 9, I don't want to do that again. Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Try this - while holding the emblem, focus on touching your cursor tip to the slot instead of worrying about the emblem itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 20, 11 1:30 PM
I have only once had 1 problem with a game.. but this one is a mess! Running windows XP and I have had the game crash and hang (Ctrl alt del out), freeze up my whole PC (had to shut down manually) randomly. It takes a million clicks on anything to pick up or use I can't get bonus content either, couldn't play mini games wouldn't click on them right only skip and its so hard to even make it through took hours and misses so much could not follow it, could not see most of the cut scenes, would crash and game would restart after them so the story is lost for me totally. Uninstalle/reinstalled..updated everything, drivers, software.. I give up and am asking for a refund or another game! I am very disappointed this was a series I loved, but this one is horrible compared to the 1st one..

ETA every time I minimized game if it didn't crash my mouse and keyboard would multi-click or type more than 1 letter or number..

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 4:01:46 PM PST

[Post New]by CaramelDoll on Mar 30, 11 12:54 AM
AnnaMarta wrote:
Nafretiti wrote:Two things up with me:

1: I can't play the bonus game, I have finished the game, click the tick at the end (when it scrolls through different scenes of the game) and nothing, it comes back telling me I have to finish the game even when I have let those pictures scroll for at least 5 minutes, no ending credits or anything, it just wont finish so I can get the bonus content.

2: My game doesn't let me choose between hard mode or normal mode, I can play the game fine, it asks me if I want a tutorial and that is it, no asking about hard mode or anything, it just gives me the normal one.

I am having EXACTLY the same problem, as are a slew of others according to what I have seen around the net, what to do about it?

same here.. there is no option to play the hard mode AT ALL..
and whenever i click *play* i'm redirected to the scene of saving the girl and her guardian from that machine thingy~
it's like it never wants to save my last progress no matter how many time i resolve it. (i get to the page where there are a few tiny scenes and a tick below..... then i'm back to the main page and on it goes..

for god's sake.. please make a fix 4 this problem...... -_-...

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 12:57:24 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 30, 11 7:37 AM
CaramelDoll wrote:
same here.. there is no option to play the hard mode AT ALL..
and whenever i click *play* i'm redirected to the scene of saving the girl and her guardian from that machine thingy~
it's like it never wants to save my last progress no matter how many time i resolve it. (i get to the page where there are a few tiny scenes and a tick below..... then i'm back to the main page and on it goes..

for god's sake.. please make a fix 4 this problem...... -_-...

This is a definite glitch. Please contact tech support directly. You can use the green envelope to the right of these posts.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Apr 1, 11 10:46 PM
The first time I played the Collector's Edition, I had no problems and completed the bonus game in easy mode. I played again, in Hard Mode, but when the game ended, I was not able to play the bonus game. When I click on play, it takes me back to saving the daughter and friend from the tanks....over and over again. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now, I still have the same problem but also no longer have the strategy guide. The game does not say Collector's Edition even tho that's what I downloaded. I don't understand the sudden glitch with the bonus game. Any ideas, anyone?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 1, 11 11:15 PM
cagamenut wrote:The first time I played the Collector's Edition, I had no problems and completed the bonus game in easy mode. I played again, in Hard Mode, but when the game ended, I was not able to play the bonus game. When I click on play, it takes me back to saving the daughter and friend from the tanks....over and over again. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Now, I still have the same problem but also no longer have the strategy guide. The game does not say Collector's Edition even tho that's what I downloaded. I don't understand the sudden glitch with the bonus game. Any ideas, anyone?

You can only play the bonus game once per game "cycle". A "cycle" is playing in regular mode and hard mode both. You'd have to start over under a new "cycle" to get to the bonus game again.

[Post New]by anachronistique on Apr 22, 11 9:04 PM
I bought the game when it was first released and played through a couple times with no problems. Then I started getting an error message while playing about "Access violation", so I uninstalled and re-downloaded. Now I'm getting an error message when I try to start the game of "Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author." Help!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 23, 11 1:02 AM
anachronistique wrote:I bought the game when it was first released and played through a couple times with no problems. Then I started getting an error message while playing about "Access violation", so I uninstalled and re-downloaded. Now I'm getting an error message when I try to start the game of "Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to author." Help!

anachronistique, I'd go ahead and get in touch with tech support directly. You can use the green envelope to the right of these posts.

[Post New]by black5rose on Apr 23, 11 6:48 PM
I played the game thru and then started the hard version, but the cursed objects don't blink or react and I can't pickup the lakeside key.
Love to finish playing it, can you tell me what's up with the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 23, 11 8:44 PM
black5rose wrote:I played the game thru and then started the hard version, but the cursed objects don't blink or react and I can't pickup the lakeside key.
Love to finish playing it, can you tell me what's up with the game.

There are no cursed objects in Hard Mode. The finding of the cursed objects reduced your hint refill time, and since there are no hints in Hard, there are also no cursed objects.

I'm sorry, I can't remember which key is the lakeside key. Can you give a little more info?

Sullivan1818
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Sullivan1818 on Aug 19, 11 12:09 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I downloaded the game with no problem and played all the way through to the Bonus Chapter. I played for about 4 minutes and the game informed me I had solved all the puzzles, "Congratulations, you completed, etc, etc." I'm pretty sure the bonus content is supposed to be more than 3 puzzles and that is all there was, puzzles. Any suggestions? Thanks Fishies at the pond.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 6, 11 6:37 AM
As some fishies obviously can play this on fullscreen mode, no black bars down sides I take it this is glitch. Windows 7, haven't had a modern game not play on my laptop for months. Other tea games play widescreen.

Any tips?? On windowed mode it fills the smaller screen.

[Post New]by Granea on Jan 24, 12 9:00 PM
When can we expect any of the other Dark Parable games to be released for iPad?

[Post New]by caroll_w on Feb 13, 12 1:03 PM
crnaja wrote:Help I can't find the crown for the frog to open the door in the cave. I can not proceed until I open that area. Anyone got any hints where it is. I even restarted the game and still can't find it.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Jun 2, 12 1:39 PM
The stradegy guide flickers in the written section. Can't read, but can see the pictures on the right. Help, I would really like to get this game while it's on sale today. This happened in one other CE and I never got it corrected (my fault)

Go to: