Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Akhara: The Treasures

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 7:53 AM
ember89 wrote:nutshell: chuzzle stops being cute and goes without a pop-up blocker

was hoping for a more traditional M3 but... paradise quest here i come!

after only having one bonus area opened and finding that i could go back there and lose as much as i wanted, i went on with the "map" finding... until the gears started raining down on me whoa... then i got to the end of the path and the game says - sorry, you don't have all the map pieces, you have to keep playing - ???

actually, no, i don't... that's what that little trash icon is for

Hi, ember89!
Well, we are currently working on adding an automatic finding of all parts of the map. So you won't be bothered about searching them in easy mode. Thank you for playing this game even if you're not going to replay!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 8:11 AM
Leemo wrote:This game could be really good, the mechanics behind it have potential but it really needs MAJOR surgery and an excellent English proof reader. I created the hammer but couldn't find 3 of the map pieces before demo time ran out.

I'd try it again if the devs fixed a few things.

The game has already been proofread by an american proofreader(sorry for the tautology). We're working on fixes. Thanks for patience. A new build will be ready as far as possible.
Best regards!

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Mar 1, 11 8:19 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:I think I like the game, but I just don't get it.

I feel like I did when I was a child playing Kerplunk & thought the aim was to win all the marbles.

I have failed the timed section 3 times already & don't have time in an hour demo to restart & reread the instructions.

An extremely confused & baffled & bamboozled Jojo

Hiya jojo, won't you come and join me on my confuzzled couch ? I could whip up some LOLOLOL

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 8:28 AM
jozkitten wrote:well after reading the reviews I"m sorry I bought it. Not to mention I have installed / uninstalled 3 times now and can't even get it to come up with anything but the screen that asks if I want to play again. I haven't even played 10 seconds yet. REFUND or trade Big FIsh ? All of the other games work on trial or purchase but there is a problem with this one. HELP !

Hi, jozkitten!
I'm really sorry that you have such problem. The game was tested on lots of cofigurations and no bugs were found. Anyway, I have sent your message to BFG and waiting for their answer.
Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 8:38 AM
sunidayz wrote:This M3 was a little confusing at times. I played the demo all the way through...had it on easy mode where it said you wouldn't run out of time but in one case I did? huh? Then it said I had enough resources to build the hammer and to go to the workshop to build it and it wouldn't let me. So I just gave up and went back to the game. It was a "4" in a 1-10 in my book.

Hello, sunidayz!
Perhaps you don't have required skill(or you just didn't find the hammer in workshop?). The skill "Smith" allows to build the hammer, when you have enough resources.
Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 8:41 AM
Dialogue wrote:
Michael_Pukalo quote wrote:

Hello, Dialogue!
I hope you'll wait a little till we'll make it completly untimed! We are working on it atm.

I am looking forward to the untimed version. From what some reviewers are saying it looks like a game I would like to play.

Thank you for being a good developer who pays attention to what the customers have to say.

Dialogue, I really appreciate your waiting. We're working on this untimed version. Thank you

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Mar 1, 11 9:07 AM
JammyKat wrote:I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

Did the same thing to me.....think I found 4 map pieces and played level 8 over & over again, until I finally gave up. I too became annoyed at all the pop ups, and started out on "easy mode" after reading the reviews, but even though it says not timed, if you don't finish in time........it says "you lose" and you must start again. What's up with that? Either it is a timed gamed or not and shouldn't have a penalty as it is NOT TIMED!! Maybe I missed something along the way, but there are plenty of other games for me to spend my on.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 9:14 AM
Pat_ric_ia wrote:Thanks for all your explanations and comments Michael but (like most of my fellow 'fishes) I won't be buying this game. I have read through all their reviews, after playing for the trial hour, and could only find one or two who actually liked the game. Like myself the majority found it hard to follow and although I usually thoroughly enjoy M3 games I found Akhara confusing and a bit disheartening (especially as I was playing the easy mode and was timed out!)
I can see that you have taken the constructive comments of the reviewers 'on board' and will work on improving the game. Good for you.
Thanks for all you hard work and efforts.
All good wishes for the future.
Pat_ric_ia x

Thank you, Pat_ric_ia.
Yes perhaps this game is hard to enter. But when you'll figure out some things i'm sure you'll find this game interesting.
It's not a traditional mach3 game. You'll find here:
- 4 game modes: Sliding, Chain, Rotation and traditional swap match-3.
- The upgrading of bonuses and devices. All game objects are used and improved!
- Additional devices and artifacts.
- 100 storyline levels (+nine levels of increased complexity), 9 mini-games(including mahjong).
- Advanced economic model.
- The system of ranks and ratings, 5 skills.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 9:43 AM
Snookie1100 wrote:
JammyKat wrote:I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

Did the same thing to me.....think I found 4 map pieces and played level 8 over & over again, until I finally gave up. I too became annoyed at all the pop ups, and started out on "easy mode" after reading the reviews, but even though it says not timed, if you don't finish in time........it says "you lose" and you must start again. What's up with that? Either it is a timed gamed or not and shouldn't have a penalty as it is NOT TIMED!! Maybe I missed something along the way, but there are plenty of other games for me to spend my on.

Hello, Snookie1100!
"Radar" will show you the levels that have hidden parts of the map(and the number of parts). Just move your mouse over the radar(if you bought it) and look on the map.
About "timed" levels. We're working on the build where all the levels will be untimed.
Best regards!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Akhra: The Treasures

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Mar 1, 11 11:03 AM
Michael

Have you actually played your game? Did you play the first bonus level? I have played that bonus level many times ... each time getting approx 53 of 55. I would like to know if any of your team have received the 55 of 55. I am not saying I am the best but I have decent reflexes and to get to 53 each time and the timer runs out suggests that perhaps your requirement is set just a tad too high - specially for the first bonus level ... you want to give people the idea that they can actually attain it!!

I also think your "prices" are too high for purchases and that your nuts and bolts and screws inside the gears should be more visible - a brighter colour perhaps.

I liked this game but could not understand it and I would just like to say that I would be willing to assist in making the dialogue understandable as, I am sure, would other fishes out there

all the best

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 11:04:43 AM PST

txtabby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by txtabby on Mar 1, 11 11:03 AM
I really like this game. Even in America there is bad english so you get used to it. You have to get the radar as soon as possible so you know where you need to look for the map pieces. Only the special mode took me a couple of times to get through now it's been smooth going with different modes to complete the task. If you like something different, and just enjoy the game for what it is, it's fun to play. At least there is no brick walls you have to get around, at least not yet. I give it 4 stars.

coscat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by coscat on Mar 1, 11 12:02 PM
Hello Michael, If we buy the game now will we get the rebuild in the future?
I really liked the difficulty of it even if frustrated also. Think it has potential but with all the pop up explainations there are still not enough explainations for how to use and find the power ups.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 1:31 PM
katelouisa67 wrote:Michael

Have you actually played your game? Did you play the first bonus level? I have played that bonus level many times ... each time getting approx 53 of 55. I would like to know if any of your team have received the 55 of 55. I am not saying I am the best but I have decent reflexes and to get to 53 each time and the timer runs out suggests that perhaps your requirement is set just a tad too high - specially for the first bonus level ... you want to give people the idea that they can actually attain it!!

I also think your "prices" are too high for purchases and that your nuts and bolts and screws inside the gears should be more visible - a brighter colour perhaps.

I liked this game but could not understand it and I would just like to say that I would be willing to assist in making the dialogue understandable as, I am sure, would other fishes out there

all the best

Hi, katelouisa67
Sure, we've played every level lots of times to make a balance. I've played the special(red) level so many times(perhaps 15-20 times) that it was easy for me to get 55(sometimes i was lucky to collect even 70). Well actually, now, after these posts i think that this difficulty should be lowered.
I think we'll add something and these bolts will become more visible
I must say that in new build gameplay will be easier and some things more understandable. We're working on it.
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 1:42 PM
txtabby wrote:I really like this game. Even in America there is bad english so you get used to it. You have to get the radar as soon as possible so you know where you need to look for the map pieces. Only the special mode took me a couple of times to get through now it's been smooth going with different modes to complete the task. If you like something different, and just enjoy the game for what it is, it's fun to play. At least there is no brick walls you have to get around, at least not yet. I give it 4 stars.

Hello, txtabby!
Thank you for your comment. I'm very glad that you like the game and hope you'll wait a new build.
Best regards!=)

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 1:50 PM
coscat wrote:Hello Michael, If we buy the game now will we get the rebuild in the future?
I really liked the difficulty of it even if frustrated also. Think it has potential but with all the pop up explainations there are still not enough explainations for how to use and find the power ups.

Hi, coscat!
Yes, sure. If you buy the game now, you'll get a new build for free!
We're working on explainations at this moment. Hope you'll like it
Thanks for your comment! Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by gentleone236 on Mar 1, 11 11:26 PM
thanks Michael for the help...i got the radar....now...how does it help me????i now see where the map pieces are...i finish the level...and no map piece!!! WT*#@%

Michael_Pukalo wrote:
gentleone236 wrote:I'm with JammyKat...how do you get the other 3 map pieces??? it says i can build the radar in the workshop but it is no where to be found...i'm sorry i wasted my money!!!

Hello, gentleone236!
There are 4 tabs in the workshop(have a look to the left side of the workshop). The radar is located in the blue tab.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 2, 11 10:14 AM
gentleone236 wrote:thanks Michael for the help...i got the radar....now...how does it help me????i now see where the map pieces are...i finish the level...and no map piece!!! WT*#@%

Michael_Pukalo wrote:
gentleone236 wrote:I'm with JammyKat...how do you get the other 3 map pieces??? it says i can build the radar in the workshop but it is no where to be found...i'm sorry i wasted my money!!!

Hello, gentleone236!
There are 4 tabs in the workshop(have a look to the left side of the workshop). The radar is located in the blue tab.

gentleone236, radar just shows you in wich levels the map pieces are still hidden. You need to replay these levels and find pieces.
We're working on version where you won't be annoyed by searching these pieces of the map in easy mode.

[Post New]by zeus_apollo on Mar 4, 11 2:35 PM
I absolutely LOVED this game, congratulations and praise to the team responsible for Akhra!

I'm a great fan of Match 3 games, particularly Slide (Row) mode. And while I dislike Rotate mode, surprisingly I found myself looking forward to them in Akhra!

I thought the graphics were superb and the music, while repetitive, was more like a mantra than anything annoyingly monotonous. I was impressed that even at the red-icon levels the music was not stress-inducing (like SO many games seem to have these days). I play a game to relax, not to get hyper.

A nice-touch was to actually SEE a crystal WHILE it was regrowing.

My advice to others: If you're looking for a "simple" match 3 game, Akhra is not for you; if you're looking for a "richly complex" game, you will be delighted. It's not always easy, and sometimes you even say, "Whew!" when the level is over, but it's entertaining and fun and that's all I ask for in a game.

To Michael_Pukalo:

You seem to be open to constructive criticism, here are a few areas that would make the game even better for me (I've made it to Constructor skill, but haven't put together the last map yet):
1. Please include the ability to make matches WHILE the tiles are still falling.
2. When you reach the "no move" state and the board resets, whatever progress you've made on an individual bolt's "level" is reset too. (a 3x bolt you've turned into a 1x bolt will reset to its original 3x state) My philosophy is that games are supposed to be fun -- not heart-breaking or frustrating -- and I found this aspect QUITE frustrating. (Because of this "feature", my husband decided he won't be playing this game/these levels anymore.)
3. I keep expecting a group of 8 to have a higher score than 2 groups of 4.
4. Occasionally, the screen will "freeze" while tiles are falling -- this is peculiar to Akhra (other match 3 games that I play do not experience this)

Regarding the Red-icon bonus levels: I would leave them as timed -- even when playing in untimed mode (they're a REWARD after all!) -- but I'd add a bit more time to them, perhaps 25-33% OR increase the rate at which the bolts appear on the playing field.

Regarding the hints popping up: call it all a "tutorial" or a "tour" and make it optional.

I have a bit more to say, larger than what this post will allow apparently, so I will Private Message you. After reading all the other posts, it is indeed true isn't it: one man's trash is truly another man's treasure.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 4, 11 10:20 PM
zeus_apollo wrote:
To Michael_Pukalo:

You seem to be open to constructive criticism, here are a few areas that would make the game even better for me (I've made it to Constructor skill, but haven't put together the last map yet):
1. Please include the ability to make matches WHILE the tiles are still falling.
2. When you reach the "no move" state and the board resets, whatever progress you've made on an individual bolt's "level" is reset too. (a 3x bolt you've turned into a 1x bolt will reset to its original 3x state) My philosophy is that games are supposed to be fun -- not heart-breaking or frustrating -- and I found this aspect QUITE frustrating. (Because of this "feature", my husband decided he won't be playing this game/these levels anymore.)
3. I keep expecting a group of 8 to have a higher score than 2 groups of 4.
4. Occasionally, the screen will "freeze" while tiles are falling -- this is peculiar to Akhra (other match 3 games that I play do not experience this)

Hello, zeus_apollo!
Thank you for your comment. I'm glad that you liked this game!

1. Don't know if it's still possible to add this feature to the game. Will think about it.
2. We'll try fix it in next version.
3. It may affect the balance, but i'll think what we can do.
4. We fixed a bug of "falling tiles". Check if you still have this bug in new version. PM me plz if you meant something else and i didn't get it.

I added some time(or removed a few bolts) to these levels in "Normal game" mode, and in "Easy game" mode they are untimed completely.

I'll think about adding a tutorial to the game. Also i sent you a PM.

Best regards!

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Mar 5, 11 11:52 AM
Michael

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read all our comments and critiques and for very quickly releasing a new build incorporating so many of our requests.

It is a pleasure to know the developer is so involved with 'Joe and Jo Public'

Go to: