snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soul Journey

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 1, 11 7:18 PM
My eyes must be a lot worse than I thought, I had trouble finding things in nearly every scene.

Cute story and I might come back to it when it's offered as a DD (and I've got new glasses) but the enjoyment isn't there when I have to use the hint button at least three times in each location.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 1, 11 8:34 PM
Cute game. I dont usually give a review because others give such great and indept one I feel there is no need. I just had to comment on this one because I didnt see my issue mentioned although I might have just missed it. I dont like being forced to wait after I have read what there is to read. I dont read THAT slow. I like when I can click and then move on to the next dialog. With this game you have to wait til the game feels you have spent enough time reading. My goodness, does it REALLY take two minutes to read one sentence? (may have exagerated the two minutes). For the scholars out there, please excuse my spelling, I DO read better than I spell. Cant find the spell check in here LOL

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 1, 11 9:49 PM
mcurty wrote:This game ran fine and the screen showed as it should appear. However, even with my 24" monitor, I had great difficulty finding items. The graphics are not real sharp and items were very tiny or blended too well. Many items were at the far bottom of the screen slightly hidden by the map, etc.

I was really disappointed in this game. The story is intriguing and even though the language is not always correct, I could understand the intent of the story. A bright romp through different bodies sounds like fun. But after the first chapter of being a dog, I no longer wanted to "hunt" for the tiny objects. It was more work and frustration than fun.

Things I really liked about the game: map, unlimited hints, bright scenes, storyline

Things that need improvement: graphics and tiny objects

This says it all for me. Definite no buy, not even as DD.

[Post New]by withad on Mar 1, 11 9:53 PM
Had to be the worst game ever, in 33 minutes of play spent 30 minutes switching between scenes and waiting for game to load. Had to wait to load even to quit the game. Really a bad case of programing.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Mar 1, 11 9:55 PM
I thought this would be a fun light game while waiting patiently for some new IHOG's. Buttttt I cant click on what I cant see.

Happy game day to all

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 2, 11 1:42 AM
Have to say it was a cute little game. Fairly simple, easy to follow HOG. It did freeze up on me a couple of times though. Don't know why. But I enjoyed it....

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 2, 11 5:50 AM
I liked this cute little game a lot! Interesting premise; how the devs came up with it heaven only knows but what a refreshing change from rescuing various relatives in mortal danger and/or wandering around haunted houses, creepy castles or lunatic asylums!

Bright and cheerful graphics, a lot of multiple-object searches as well as standard ones but all in the context of the game. This was one time I didn't mind looking for feathers, since it was to repair a nest! I would agree that some items were very small but the hints are generous enough to make use of if you need to. I got through 5 bodies in the demo and having read there are 15 in total, this should be a fairly long game. Clearly not an 'english as a first language' developer but I found the grammar quite charming! Overall a nice little game and a buy for me.

I had no problems with loading times between scenes; I'm no expert but isn't that caused by not enough memory? And someone said 'worst game ever'; it certainly doesn't deserve that title. I've yet to come across a game I would give that award to.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 2, 11 6:22 AM
johnmouse wrote:This HOG is a DOG. And I don't mean that character. The first clue was the trying-to-look-sexy-70's angel. After I finally composed myself from my fit of laughter, I played a little bit of it. Very little, but enough. Nearly got diabetes from the sappiness.

LOL

What got me started to hover my finger over the "delete" button was when I was told to take the batteries out of the flashlight, but had to find a hammer in the kitchen first. I looked and looked, and finally used a hint. And lo and behold... it was a meat tenderizer.
But it gets better. I had to use this "hammer" to smash the flashlight, to get hold of the batteries. I mean, since when do I have to smash a perfectly good flashlight just to take out the batteries? *rolls eyes*

Another thing I didn´t care for was that the cursor didn´t change to system cursor. Nothing dramatic, but there it is.

I was surprised to see that the game actually filled out my whole screen. That´s a plus.

Other than that, I got bored very quickly with the gameplay, which was pretty much straight forward. Even putting the note together was childs play - literary.

But that´s just how I feel about the game. I am sure other gamers will like it.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 2, 11 7:40 AM
Definitely a different story line, but still not for me. I was a little bored and some of the objects were too hard to find.

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Mar 2, 11 8:57 AM
I actually liked this game, it is not very challenging but it is kinda cute.

[Post New]by natgab on Mar 2, 11 9:57 AM
This would have been a decent game if it didn't take SO LONG TO LOAD!! My actual game play was 10 minutes, the rest of the time was spent loading.VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by starpoint5 on Mar 2, 11 1:42 PM
Well, this is what I would describe as 'twee'. A very basic type of HOG which doesn't stretch the brain in any way. I certainly won't be buying this game but for anyone who just wants a game that is simple and won't challenge you brain too much after a hard day at work, then this could well be the one.

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Mar 2, 11 4:44 PM
I have to go with Goofy here. I started out thinking this was not going to be a game for me. When the trial period ended I swear I felt my lower lip stick out. It is just a fun, light, clever little game without angst. I mean so without angst that even though our heroine dies in the first instant it is not a real problem that either of you are upset about.
This is a definite buy.

peachycat
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by peachycat on Mar 2, 11 6:30 PM
The FBI would have trouble finding the objects in this game. A no-go for me.

M_E_M_O_M
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by M_E_M_O_M on Mar 3, 11 6:54 AM
This game irritated me, though I couldn't tell you why. Not my cup of tea, I won't be buying this one!

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Mar 3, 11 1:19 PM
( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS AND CANNOT SEE THE SMALL PRINT. THANK YOU. )

AS FOR THIS GAME, I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO BUY IT! I TRULY ENJOYED IT. THERE IS NO TIMER, AND VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED HINTS. ( JUST WHAT WE OLD FOGIES NEED. HA! HA! )

THANKS BIG FISH FOR SUCH A LOVELY GAME. YOU'RE THE GREATEST COMPANY OUT THERE!!!!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 3, 11 1:50 PM
M_E_M_O_M wrote:This game irritated me, though I couldn't tell you why. Not my cup of tea, I won't be buying this one!

I completely agree with you. I just didn't like it and deleted it after 20 minutes.

siscokid
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by siscokid on Mar 3, 11 4:15 PM
[b]Totally stupid game!! S L O W slow, slow. You spend more time loading the game in your map going from place to place even if you've already been there in that location, you end up waiting waiting loading loading. Initially took 20 minutes to get from one place. I do not recommend this game, you will be disappointed.

Dumchik
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Dumchik on Mar 3, 11 5:50 PM
Not for me. I spent too many minutes looking for things, and the bad English does bother me. I kept waiting for something else to happen and nothing did. Will try something else.

[Post New]by yayyay on Mar 4, 11 11:48 AM
Well, I actually liked this game, but did anyone have trouble, when you get back to his body in the hospital? I get to where you find the elements, but then it keeps telling me to "do something in other location", and I can't. It only has two locations and one of them you cannot go to. So, the last element I cannot get to finish the game. I have know clue what to do! I'm so stuck! Any help here people?

Go to: