Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by baykr713 on Apr 13, 11 12:56 PM
this game took me forever! I love that it took me so long and am looking for another like it to play. what's new and like this one?

Erin92486
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Erin92486 on Apr 20, 11 12:19 PM
I'm so glad to know I was not the only one who thought there was no ending! I almost wish I would have purchased the CE, but I'm on a super tight budget right now, and game credits are all i have. Too bad we cant use two credits for CE games. Or do game credit and $4. Love the graphics and characters. Gypsy was a little annoying, but I just read her dialog and skipped her speaking LOL

Bidme wrote:felt like the game was going on forever, everything was great, BUT!!! A lot of fishies complained about the end in Dying for Daylight ( brill game) This did the same only worse. no ending at all, at least with a vampire they go home when the sun comes up!

[Post New]by marip0sa on Apr 20, 11 5:05 PM
very disappointing game. i have never had issues with games i have purchased not working properly with the exception of this one. When i get to the part in the cave where you must use the mace to knock the rock out of the wall, no matter how many times i click with the mace it just goes back into my inventory. I even checked the walk through and forums to make sure that the mace was to be used there & it was. So its very disappointing to purchase a game get part of the way through it & not be able to finish because it doesn't work properly. Wasted money, I am very upset.

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Apr 29, 11 3:18 PM
good game but puzzles all seemed to be either too easy or so hard I had to skip them (these being of the "rotate this" variety and these bore me anyway) graphics were good and soundtrack wasn't too bad. Reasonably long game and some nice clear hidden object scenes. overall definately worth a credit but glad didn't buy the CE game.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on May 9, 11 11:33 AM
What an awesome game! Suspense, adventure, hidden objects, interaction, great graphics, videos of characters, creativeness -- all the components of a perfect game! I trust ERS Game Studios to develop first-class games.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 9, 11 12:44 PM
krisamata wrote:Seemed ok, but I wish that an hour long demo would give you an hour long demo, instead all i got was about 23 minutes, and then that's it, all done. not fair. This has been happening on SO many games lately, it's frustrating.

this one seemed ok, and I would have liked a little more time to get hooked to consider the purchase, instead i'm a little frustrated and won't bother
Who said anything about an hour long demo? This is a sample version. They stop at a point, however long it takes.
If the trial plays for 60 minutes, it will say so.

Play the FREE sample version
(215.19 MB )

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 16, 11 10:26 AM
I am on Chapter 5 and am really enjoying this game. Only 2 complaints,which have been shared by others. Why oh why is the hint system non-existant? Why even bother with the flipping book? My other very minor complaint is with the voice of the Gypsy circus lady.What kind of accent is that? Otherwise I really like this game.Well worth the $6.99.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on May 21, 11 2:49 PM
I thought the game was a pretty good one. The ending was well... it just ended. The fortune teller's and the little girl's voices really scraped my nerves with FAKE southern American accents (I know a real one when I hear it since I'm from the south), but yet the setting and voice for Gerard was European/British? C'mon, developers!

I have a Mac and 99.9% of the time encounter absolutely no glitches/problems. However, this game had a few... several times the audio narration/voices didn't play (which was a joy since they were irritating anyway) and several times it took a minute or two for the sparkles to show up for hidden object scenes.

Overall, it was a great game, as all ERS games seem to be.

It was well worth a game credit and I would have paid the $6.99 had I not had one.

[Post New]by cbascome on May 22, 11 9:45 AM
really enjoyed this game...wasn't too short as others I
have tried lately have been. objects were a good size...some try to make them so small you can barely see them. The mini-games were enough of a challenge to make it interesting and the graphics were great. Worth the money and hope for another from these same people!

scarletgunn
Herring
Herring
390 Posts

[Post New]by scarletgunn on May 22, 11 8:09 PM
I both love and hate reading the reviews- love because i can get a good idea whether i will like a game or not, and hate because now i feel like i have to buy the CE since everyone is saying they hate the SE ending.

now what do i do? :p

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on May 26, 11 6:45 PM
Like carolinachick220, I have a newer Mac and had the sound problems with the dialog on the demo. Sometimes dialog was fine, sometimes like the dialog sound turned down, sometimes (mostly) no dialog sound at all. Music and all other background sounds played fine. I have the most current Flash and Shockwave, updated system software, and my computer exceeds game requirements. I even tried 'get info' and selected 'Open using Rosetta' and that didn't help either. Consequently, I didn't buy at this time. I'm posting the problem in the technical forum, too. By the way, I have ALL the Mac games created by ERS and had no problems of any kind with any of those other games.

MacBook with Mac OS 10.6.7 /2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 4GB RAM / 250GB HD

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on May 30, 11 1:03 PM
Fun game, but when a demo forces a quit with half the free time left, one wonders how much more there is to the game. I certainly won't pay full price if I buy it, based on how much content they put in their "hour long free" demo, because I always suspect that short demos won't give you a full game's worth of fun. Which is a shame, given how wonderful their PuppetShow games are, and how willing I was to straight out buy them after playing the hour allotted time.

Bassman10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by Bassman10 on Jun 2, 11 5:45 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Bassman10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bassman10 on Jun 2, 11 5:48 AM
A neat little adventure--nice puzzles. But no penalty for randomly clicking on various objects in a hidden scene. And worst of all, the ending!! Ick. All of a sudden, that's it. Seems like the workday ended for the designers, and something better came along.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jun 2, 11 1:39 PM
All the hallmarks of an ERS Studios game are in this one: pretty graphics (locations and hidden object scenes), dark/spooky atmosphere, great music and fun puzzles of average difficulty, minimal backtracking.

I really enjoyed the theme/story of this one. I like werewolves, but the storyline also had a Sherlock Holmes feel to it where you're solving a mystery. Voice acting was pretty good, but it really bugged me that Madlen said "wolf" like "woof".

Mild/vague ending spoiler (highlight to read):

The ending of the story was... incomplete/unresolved as everyone has pointed out. I don't have an problem with this as a lot of the games in this genre end with a clear opening for a sequel. It was a satisfactory resolution for me as the mystery was solved at the end.

Overall, one of the better HOGs I've played!

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Jul 23, 11 6:06 PM
I enjoyed the game and glad I bought it. The game does need a map though. I found myself wandering back and forth looking on both sides of the cave for new sites. Also uses a lot of memory I have 3GB RAM and used almost all of it while playing this game.

[Post New]by funnygame2 on Aug 19, 11 6:12 PM
Great game. It took work but finally finished it.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Oct 22, 11 9:19 PM
The ending was rubbish, just ended abruptly, it feels pointless playing this game, the amount of time and effort, what did I play for?? I'm not just going around finding objects with no goal in mind. Endings should be done well no matter if its on standard games or collectors edition, I don't feel that it was a good game to buy, no matter how well the rest of it was made, the ending makes it pointless.

Same music as Drawn not really feeling as if it fitted.

I would not be recommending this game.

Edited on 10/22/2011 at 10:14:24 PM PST

[Post New]by cxxzft on Dec 29, 11 11:50 AM
I am new to this HOG but I play in spurts. Who has time to do it all in one sitting?
I had to refer to the walk thru several times and it always got me over the hump. I did finish and enjoyed it. For those folks who are in such a hurry .. try playin a short card game. Thanks for a number of hours of great interest and fun.

[Post New]by skweeze on Dec 30, 11 8:53 PM
Just finished game and along with quite a few others I felt let down with the ending. I won't say anything further than that but after working through the game and then the abrupt end to the game left me puzzled... I enjoyed it all up to that point...hmmmmmmmmmm....was it done that way so as to precipitate another game to sequel "Curse"???????

Go to: