Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 7, 11 3:07 PM
I always check out the forum's, just to see what everyone thinks about a game, but I always try out the game for myself.
So glad I did, because I really enjoyed playing this one, it doesn't pretend to be something it's not, for being a straight H0 game, with good mini's and some original puzzles, I thought it was well done.
My eye sight isn't the best, and I didn't have any problems, finding any of the objects, so I was quite surprised to see so many comments, regarding small objects.
And this game isn't just finding list after list of objects, it has variety, some are finding objects by their shapes, than you have to find them by riddles, and also placing objects back into the scene.
So doing something different each round, really gave the game a nice flow to it, and I loved the jig saw mini's, those I always like seeing in a game, I find them very relaxing.
And I learned a couple of things about monkeys and apes, monkeys are cercopithecoid primates, and apes are a member of the hominoidea family, learning something new while playing games is always an added bonus...lol!
I have to admit, yesterday's game was a real stinker ...but I feel this game isn't getting a fair shake, and this is just IMHO of course, try it out for yourself and see, you might be totally surprised, like I was , and in a good way !!
Plus it has a nice length to it, which for me is always a huge PLUS, and than you have arcade mode to complete, so plenty of game play.
You get to find the objects in each scene, and who knows, you might be able to beat your best time, and I am not one for timed challenges, but found this very rewarding and FUN.
I think the developers did a great job, no it's not an IHOG game, but for a straight H0 with variety and fun mini's and puzzles, job well done, it was well worth my credit .

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 7, 11 3:17 PM
Sadly, it is a No Buy for me. I like the graphics, I like the variety in the game play and the minis too. The killer for me is that there are just too many teeny, tiny objects that i can barely see. A hqndful of these I might have overlooked but there are just too many and when they are in the dark or behind something I can't find them even with a Hint. There are too many other games without this problem to choose from to bother struggling through this game even though I do like it otherwise.

maj_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by maj_50 on Mar 7, 11 3:34 PM
I like "straight" hidden object games; that is why I only look for ****. However this one seems to be froze? hope there is an update soon, cause I am excited bout playing.
THANKS BIG FISH FOR "SIMPLE" ****.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 7, 11 3:53 PM
This isnt a bad game. Not to best by far, but kind of entertaining. I would probably have used a credit for it, but I dont like the riddle clues.

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Mar 7, 11 3:57 PM
Hey fishies, i agreed with everyone about the games going down and us not buying any games because there are not any good ones out, i have a few credits that i need to use but on what, sick of these sorry games BF is putting out, i am going to go to customer service and let them know and tell them that i will be canceling my membership too unless they improve, like ELIDEE2728, i like amazing adventure games too

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Mar 7, 11 3:58 PM
this was just okay for me. i like 'em dark and hard but this was something i might have really liked when i was a new fish in the pond, so as always, demo and decide.
hogs were ok, puzzles easy, graphics average imo...
but love bf for puttin them out there, and thanks for the hour =/- of free play!
play on, fishies!

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Mar 7, 11 4:32 PM
Sorry this game is a no buy for me..It is not as bad as yesterdays game but it is still in my opinion a 4 on the scale of 1-10. Items are too small and the story line is kind of corny. do not know what is going on with BF but the games seems to be getting worse. It is pretty bad when the today's special is better than the tomorrow's game.

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Mar 7, 11 5:31 PM
I have alot to say about this game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 7, 11 7:48 PM
I'm with elldee2728 on this one. I occasionally like the straight HOG. I haven't had a problem finding anything and only used the hint once. I really like the games...very different for a change. Yes, goofy, it is really nice to have a puzzle with more than 6 pieces (I'm a major jigsaw person). I need to find out how long this is before I decide to purchase, but I liked this one. It's a nice change from the haunted houses, although, I do really like those as well.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 7, 11 8:03 PM
Tired of horrible games. I have like four free games and cannot find one to buy. I know it is hard to find the quality of the CE's but if you are going to only have these as quality games, then allow us to use two or three of our free games to purchase them. A definite no buy and really tired of straight HOGS.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 7, 11 8:20 PM
CasualGran wrote:
duke216 wrote:Finished the game in about four hours. Enjoyed it, but a bit simple and not worth paying for. I feel I wasted a game credit.

You enjoyed it, yet you feel you've wasted a game credit. Don't quite understand...

I don't get it either, CasualGran--at a little over $1.70 an hour for "enjoyment," what's not to like?

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Mar 7, 11 9:02 PM
Well, I guess I am going to be with the minority on this one. I actually enjoyed this game. Yes, it is a straight HOG and yes it is quite easy, but for me it was a lite and relaxing game.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 7, 11 10:11 PM
Minority here too (or .are we the discriminating few? LOL) Very Relaxing game for a change and seems just tailored for my needs lately. Just not in the mood or capable to totally immerse myself back into many unfinished CE drama games. Enough drama going on around my topside world and trying NOT to take on a role in either. I'm just not one to take my games too seriously, just unwind, destress.

Storywise, I'll take this daughter's problems today over mine, have a little fun with it. Kinda like another game few liked, going off on crazy tangents with Mom in Incredible Adventures With Mom game. Oh wow, reviews then were pages of psychoanalizing a mother's role bogged down with intellectualisms by those who hadn't played while Mom and I had a fun day anyway whizzing all over Italy. Maybe serious players let the tongue in cheek pass right over their pointed heads.

Gameplay, I haven't found fuzzy screens at all, clear, crisp, colorful. Wonder if that is because I'm playing on a small laptop, well, 17" high res altho it does not fill my widescreen as others mentioned, black bars on sides but what's new. Rare to find one, maybe 10 out of 200 that stretch. That's been my only initial disappointment.

Not too dark either or tiny things so far, but one advantage of the laptop is tilting the screen back and forward to lighten up scenes or dark corners to see everything. The list words to silhouettes I always love, and this one does show the shape in same attitude as in scene, i.e. straight up, horizontal or tilted which makes where to look easy, not needing hints. Some other games show them all straight up which doesn't help much. Maybe an artist's eye or a right brain things but I seem to recognize shapes faster than the colored objects many times.

Normally don't like riddles but love crossword puzzle clues, have to think a bit to know what you are looking for and I found these easy enough to be fun. You can still click the riddle number and get a silhouette, how easy is that. Or go on to the next riddle or next, skip around. Some said she couldn't remember which one was rich riddle once moved on. Oh? just click on any of them again back and forth. I tested the HINT and nothing happened, thought I had a glitch. Later I tried it again, maybe it wasn't charged. Well, it was because I hadn't used it then ohhhh my silly me, I was clicking the orb that charges, just above it is the word HINT..DUH...how easy is that, want a hint click the word HINT dummy

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 7, 11 10:37 PM
continued...so many typos up there not worth cleaning up. Have a hard time typing on a laptop or maybe just tired brain.

On to say I really like jigsaws the best, and there's no gizmos to deal with or turn or flip pieces, makes it more relaxing. The right pieces lock and grey out, seemed opposite than the usual, where picture colors in. Interesting shapes.

Seemed the perfect game to use a freebie, can't look a gift horse in the mouth too long, free time and free game

But, as I said I'm so stressed lately I made an effort to disengage and enjoy some leisure time. I ran out of demo and went to buy it, pasted in my free code, hit Submit and wouldn't you know. A glitch. Took one of my saved game credits. Everythink I've done right lately turned on me, one more problem or issue to solve. So, my list of emails to write, phone calls to return, lost packages to track, my debit card used by someone in Spain last week, bank caught it, called to ask if I was in Spain. Well no, not traveled since my trip around Italy with Incredible Mom . So, didn't validate the install yet, had to interrupt my otherwise leisure day to write CS and see if I can get my paid credit back. Not blaming BF, if I couldn't hit a Hint button right, who knows. So, glad to see some well made imaginative hogs still around, and I agree with (? fishie) the devs did put a lot into this game and I'll be back when I can finish it. Unless my home is haunted from playing to many ghost games and more weird things happen. Just filling in some downtime now writing about it. Back to M3 Druids, that one can put me to sleep toooo relaxing

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Mar 7, 11 10:49 PM
Contrary to our best reviewers I really am liking this game. Different, light easy and fun! I've been a member of BFG for 2 years now. I have nothing to complain about and would not bother to find something on another website. I think everyone is getting spoiled. We wake up in the morning with our coffee and tea to see what comes up to download. We can trial for an hour and if we don't really like it we can put it in the dumpster. This game has some new qualities to it that I have never seen before. Hog gamers give it a try. Or you can go back and take another journey Around The World

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 10:52:07 PM PST

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Mar 8, 11 12:35 AM
tj1147 wrote:I have a question (and will probably get "slammed" for it). Comments and Reviews is a good forum for letting others know how we feel about a game or any of its components, and for giving our personal reviews of a game (which can help others decide about buying...I always read the reviews of those more experienced than I). Now the question - if someone doesn't like a particular game or series of games, why post on the forum planning to "cancel membership" if "better games" aren't made available ("better" is relative to each player I would think). Why not just cancel membership "quietly" if one is not finding games they think worthy of membership price? Why feel the need to post cancelling on the forums?

No, it's a very good question. One would think that telling this to BFG customer service and then doing just that would be more effective. Not sure what announcing it to the world accomplishes.

Also, to those who don't know what to do with all their freebies and discussing that in a review thread, why not gift it (if that's something we can do) or try out a game that you'd never consider paying for like a match 3 or puzzle game or what have you.

Sorry to go off topic momentarily...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 8, 11 1:12 AM
Well said, TJ and Kimvy.

And... ummm... that was boring. I liked the introduction - great graphics - but then it deteriorated pretty quickly from there.

The game had a very old-fashioned feeling to it, with the long row of items to look for and nothing else to do. And I wasn´t impressed with the graphics either.

Also, the Hint button gave me a surprise. I clicked on it, because I couldn´t find an object, and instead of taking it off the scene with a bit of sparkle, as is usually done, the item just disappeared and I wasn´t quite sure which item had been removed. LOL

I liked the fact that I could click on the items and see the outline of the object, and it stays there until you click on another item. And I liked the riddle part.

But all in all, this game is not for me. Just too straight-forward which, I am sure, many other fishies will love.

Happy gaming and happy Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 8, 11 2:19 AM
A fairly standard HOG game . Straight and to the point. A little boring????? Well, maybe, but then sometimes it's good to have a simple, easygoing , relaxing game. I'd rate this "7" of 10.

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Mar 8, 11 2:29 AM
I agree with most of the comments on here, I too am finding it difficult to spend any credits I earn as the games are not some brain worthy, also too many TM games,(I hate those) and wuite a lot of M3. The monkey game was too easy, puzzles were too easy, and spoken text was anooying

Secora3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Secora3 on Mar 8, 11 2:31 AM
oops not SO brain worthy, and annoying, see getting bored now!!

Go to: