schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 19, 11 2:26 PM
My problem is not being able to find the monitor in ch 6 at the scientists desk. I have gone back on the strategy guide and can not see when I should have picked it up. I did hit the destruct button before doing the monitor thing.
Will ask for my $ back since I cannot finish the game. Please help as I love this game.

Margie B, are you still there?

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dani2dope on Mar 19, 11 8:55 PM
Hi, I am having problems saving this file to my computer. I have downloaded the file and it seems to be stuck on "saving file". Ihave paused it and restarted and still says 100% downloaded and gets stuck on "saving file" again. This was a large file that used up most of my monthly usage for my internet card so I do not want to have to reinstall it and go over. Are there any other options/tricks to get the game to install? I have installed many games over the past year and have not had this problem before....

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Mar 20, 11 6:16 AM
If I have trouble downloading using Firefox I usually try using IE and it will work for me. So try downloading using IE

Susanlb10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Susanlb10 on Mar 20, 11 9:13 AM
I can get to the part of the game with the plane, and then wherever I go, and I can move around, I cannot access the Strategy Guide or the Menu to leave the game. It's very disappointing to pay that much for a game that ends up being too glitchy to work.

[Post New]by durangomama05 on Mar 21, 11 8:16 AM
I'm stuck trying to get the wrench out of the barrel . When I put the cursor on the barrel nothing happens, I can't go any further. Any help appreciated.

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Mar 24, 11 9:38 PM
Often get a blank screen once I push play--game will load after this, but it takes a while.

[Post New]by mamawathome on Mar 25, 11 11:32 PM
Finished the game and the only glitches I found were slow disoriented in several places but it is the computer. When I went in to play the Bonus game I could not get the phone book after many attempts and when I clicked on the hint button it appears to be pointing at the gloves. Please advise on the second problem. Thank you.

[Post New]by brb1199119 on Mar 27, 11 11:33 AM
I too have to change my screen resolution and when it changed back, my desktop is a mess and I can't figure out how to fix it. Like the game otherwise, but will not purchase it because of this.

[Post New]by zargonth on Mar 31, 11 11:35 AM
Weretacha wrote:I can't even open this game. Direct X is up to date. Computers were built 6 months ago. This is the second game giving me this kind of issue. This is getting annoying...

I've got a pretty new Win/7 Quad-Core platform with nVidia 9500GT 1GB RAM and latest drivers but will this game run? Of course not!!!! I've tried various resolutions and refresh rates with no success. Note this is an AMD-based machine. It's brother in my computer lab (also Quad-Core) is a Pentium and the game runs just fine. Go figger.....

ergaster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ergaster on Apr 2, 11 1:48 PM
This is the first time ever for a game glitch, and it's disappointing to have it so far into the game. It's a pretty good game, too! I'm stuck on the scene with the car and the code numbers in Chapter 11: The Hotel. I have clicked on the numbers and I saw the journal page fly by, but it did not end up in the journal and now I cannot close that window and move on.

Very frustrating!!!

[Post New]by catlady6343 on Apr 3, 11 8:23 AM
I am also having problems with the rope ladder. cannot pick it up.

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Apr 3, 11 5:41 PM
When I went to play this game, it was at the place I left it after the trial. I switched Players so I could start over - leaving the old profile still on there. Played quite a bit - unrolled the bridge, got to the altar, etc. etc. All was working well except the cursor was a bit erratic - froze every once in a while, was draggy.
I just went back in to continue and neither profile was there. I had to put in a new profile and it wants me to start from the beginning. Aaaagh!
I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling but I don't have a good feeling about it....

[Post New]by karaba22 on Apr 8, 11 10:34 AM
In the orange barrier game in chapter 8. The stratgy guide says see the screen shot (24) to see the solution. The screen shot (24) is not the soultion, it is the screen shot from the biginning of the game. I cannot solve this puzzle. Can you help?

Updated version?

[Post New]by brandy1008 on Apr 8, 11 10:51 PM
Does anyone have an ETA on an updated version of this game. I was told on March 15 to expect a new one with the fixed glitches (and it seems there are many) in a couple weeks?

[Post New]by darrellj2 on Apr 9, 11 11:38 PM
This is not the first of a number of games I've purchased from Big Fish that either won't run at all (like this one) or have no cursor, can only play part way through the game, etc. It's difficult for me to understand how current games are not able to run at todays higher resolutions. I shouldn't have to switch my resolution on my laptop every time I want to play a game.

The PC age has largely been driven by "gaming" demands and yet here we are paying for games that won't run on current technology ... I've been involved with computer technology since Main Frames took up whole rooms, as the advances in gaming took off, so to did demand for faster processors & higher graphics. So what's the story here @ "Big Fish"? These are not $5 games.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 10, 11 1:23 PM
In the Bonus play, when trying to collect the phone Book, I had to use the Hint twice, then finally 'went berserk' with clicking and it did eventually move into the inventory. I think you have to click in just the right spot to get this one!

Very frustrating

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Apr 11, 11 7:57 AM
I got the boathook in the cave saw it go into Inventory. When I went to drag chest out of water no boathook in inventory. Is the fix anywhere near ready yet?

bl4716
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bl4716 on Apr 15, 11 6:51 PM
I also had the problem with the weight game. I know how to do them and was enjoying it when suddenly the smallest weight just froze and I couldn't move it at all...then one of the others did the same thing. I finally had to "skip" the puzzle to get out of it.

Now I just finished the helicopter hidden object puzzle and I am trying to find the pipe wrench. According to the Stragegy Guide, I should be able to zoom in the barrel to the right but it won't do it.

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on May 2, 11 10:48 PM
I'm not sure if it's a technical issue or some other sort of issue, but what am I supposed to do when the solution for a mini game in the strategy guide is wrong? Do I just have to skip it? It's the train station clock puzzle, and I'm not too pleased about it. What's the point of putting the solution in the strategy guide if it's not even the correct answer?

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Jul 30, 11 1:01 AM
luckycarol2 wrote:I am having trouble in the underwater scene where the man is under the large slab. I am supposed to put air in the life jacket to lift the stone. I have to get the air from air bubbles comming from a cross but every time I try to do this everything freezes up. Can any one help me? I keep getting error 0x0044AC17.

Carol, did you ever get the stone w/cross off the diver or is the diver now dead, due to lack of air? I cannot get the jacket to fill or or lift the stone. I am going to restart the game to see if that will help. Nehmah

Go to: