trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island

[Post New]by trembly6 on Feb 11, 09 11:59 AM
I love these games even if some of the levels are frustrating. I just remember to save save save.

Grannynoo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by Grannynoo on Feb 11, 09 12:03 PM
Yipee! Finally the new Wonderland game is here. Been watching everyday and hoping. It's nice to see a platforum game for a change.

Can hardly wait for it to finish downloading so I can play.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 11, 09 12:13 PM
prpldva wrote:LOL- I know...I'm sawwy

LOL......don't apologize.......I love the icon!

Since so many people love this game I may have to try it. Not sure if my brain can handle it right now though!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Feb 11, 09 12:14 PM
DoobieBear wrote:
prpldva wrote:LOL- I know...I'm sawwy

LOL......don't apologize.......I love the icon!

Since so many people love this game I may have to try it. Not sure if my brain can handle it right now though!

Thats what we have prpldva for

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Feb 11, 09 12:16 PM
soymocha wrote:Thats what we have prpldva for

What......... dinner?

Edited on 02/11/2009 at 12:16:17 PM PST

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 11, 09 12:19 PM
Very true Soy! I'd be so lost on some of these games without her help!

Yup Cyndo! She's making Shark steaks for all us tonight!

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 11, 09 12:22 PM
Glad you all enjoy the game. Not my cup of tea. Enjoy!

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Feb 11, 09 1:49 PM
Anyone know where to find a walkthrough for this?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 11, 09 2:00 PM
MidnightSynergy has level hints and video walkthroughs...

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Feb 11, 09 2:02 PM
Great thanks

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 11, 09 2:06 PM
barbM wrote:Great thanks
You're very welcome! Enjoy the game. I'm having a blast!

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Feb 11, 09 3:36 PM
Boy did I flop on this game. Got stuck real fast! It was cute though.

Lee

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 11, 09 9:27 PM
Have I mentioned that I hate the turtles! Argh! No one can complain that this game is too short! LOL

[Post New]by yllom5 on Feb 13, 09 11:36 AM
prpldva wrote:
hrslvr_paints wrote:I guess since you're all waiting for to get it, then you haven't bought it or played it yet. I'm stuck and I can't figure out where to go from here.
I've only played a few levels in the demo- where are you stuck?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 13, 09 9:03 PM
yllom5 wrote:
prpldva wrote:
hrslvr_paints wrote:I guess since you're all waiting for to get it, then you haven't bought it or played it yet. I'm stuck and I can't figure out where to go from here.
I've only played a few levels in the demo- where are you stuck?

Hi yllom5 - welcome to the forums!

Are you stuck somewhere?

auntie_m7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by auntie_m7 on Feb 16, 09 8:57 PM
I just downloaded this game to try something new. I am visually impaired and cannot work 99% of the hidden object puzzles, which is most of what seems to be offered lately. I was so disheartened, however, that the Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire game has the (virtually impossible) "talking" of the characters in white font on a white background, and the pale yellow occasionally. What's up with that?

I have no idea what is being said - I hate to have the sound on, I can't understand them anyway. So I am so sad that I cannot play this game simply because of the ridiculous coloring (or lack thereof) of the font used. How sad that there just are not more games for those who may be visually impaired yet do not want sound. And so many games have time limits - with my vision, I can't play a game with time restrictions - it takes me longer to see things. So yet ANOTHER game I would like to play, but cannot... this is SO discouraging! Why can't the game engneers take these things into consideration?!?!

Edited on 02/16/2009 at 9:01:41 PM PST

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 17, 09 8:52 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire Island.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by midsyn on Feb 17, 09 11:14 AM
auntie_m7 wrote:I just downloaded this game to try something new. I am visually impaired and cannot work 99% of the hidden object puzzles, which is most of what seems to be offered lately. I was so disheartened, however, that the Wonderland Adventures: Mysteries of Fire game has the (virtually impossible) "talking" of the characters in white font on a white background, and the pale yellow occasionally.

Hi Auntie,
you make a good point - while it is difficult to make a game that works for all kinds of visual impairment and colour blindness, this is something that should be kept in the developer's mind.
However, your particular description of the text is puzzling - it should be a white text on a darker red background, easily visible. Assuming this is not caused by any particular colour blindness (I wouldn't know), it sounds more like a video issue. You may want to look into updating your video card drivers - that might just do the trick.
Cheers!

[Post New]by fancyfran58 on Feb 17, 09 1:42 PM
This is my first time on the forums. Can someone please send me to where I can find a walk-through for this? I love this game. but the brain is in a fog on this one, lol, Thanks so much, I AM NOT FAR into this game.. help....

auntie_m7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by auntie_m7 on Feb 18, 09 8:38 PM
midsyn wrote:
Hi Auntie,
you make a good point - while it is difficult to make a game that works for all kinds of visual impairment and colour blindness, this is something that should be kept in the developer's mind.
However, your particular description of the text is puzzling - it should be a white text on a darker red background, easily visible. Assuming this is not caused by any particular colour blindness (I wouldn't know), it sounds more like a video issue. You may want to look into updating your video card drivers - that might just do the trick.
Cheers!

Hi misyn and thanks for answering. I don't have color blindness, though that would have been a good guess if I did. I update my video drivers regularly, but maybe not often enough. I'll try that and see if that makes a difference. Will keep you posted!

In the meantime, can anyone recommend a non-time management, non-hidden object, non-marble popper game that you can play in relaxed (untimed) mode? I am so tired of not being able to complete the games because they are timed and after the first couple of levels, the timer makes it impossible for me to finish, with having to go slower. Any suggestins? Thanks again.

Go to: