thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 15, 11 6:56 AM
phisherman wrote:What is the deal recently with all the slow motion games with sluggish cursor. All games worth playing lately have been this way. This is extemely annoying. This has become the norm instead of the exception. I would rather wait on a game and have it work properly. Come on BF, what happened to quality.

This sounds like an issue with your individual computer. You might want to try posting in the "Technical Issues" forum; or sending an inquiry to Customer Support. ( link at the bottom of the column to the right) It will probably a very simple matter, like updating your video card drivers, or making sure you have sufficient RAM available (if you have a lot of games downloaded, you can always uninstall the ones from BFG, and simply reinstall when you want to replay). Hope this helps; and happy gaming.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 15, 11 7:33 AM
I bought this game as a CE version directly from the developers - just couldn´t wait for it to appear here. Here is my review, which I have posted in another place as well:

If you like games like "Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium", then this is the game for you.

There are 2 game modes, one with sparkles and the Hint button refills within a minute, and one without sparkles and the Hint button refills within 2 minutes.
You can also choose between custom and system cursor.

The graphics are very much like those of the MCF games, somewhat grainy. And many of the H0 scenes are rather cluttered, but not all of them.

Story is very good, and there are morphing objects (36 in all) you can find.

Mini games are good as well, especially one, where you have to tinker around with different objects to make things work. (Wish they would make more of those mini games).

All in all, this is a first-class game. It took me over 4 hours to finish the game, so it came with a nice length of play.

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 7:35:07 AM PST

lynnette1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lynnette1 on Mar 15, 11 8:40 AM
Great graphics. Not challenging enough for me. Finished in two hours. Liked the fact that the **** scenes weren't repeated. If I had to do over would pass on this one.

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on Mar 15, 11 12:33 PM
This is one of the BEST games that I have played in a long time.Am I the only one who thought the ending was a little sad? I know,ridiculous,but I liked the little guy.

[Post New]by CFG61249 on Mar 15, 11 1:51 PM
I did enjoy this game. Length was decent for once. Not too difficult. ****'s were pretty easy, but game play was interesting. Liked that the hint button gives game play hints if you are stuck. Saves having to use a walkthrough. Got stuck twice, then slapped my head - duh! I never found all the bonus items, so many play this one again.

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Mar 15, 11 9:17 PM
Nice graphics, good story. There was some annoying lagging at times, but otherwise playing was smooth.
Still, it lacked that something that gets me hooked to a game. Above average, but nothing to go crazy for.

[Post New]by Sylbel on Mar 16, 11 11:16 AM
The game was Ok at best, very short (got the regluar version, not CE). Please take note that if you don't find all the "magic" items (I forget what they were actually called) before you finish the game, you can't go back and find them. You have to start the game all over from the beginning.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Mar 16, 11 2:14 PM
Well, I admit this is a good game. But: it's to short! Also, limited replay value because the hidden objects don't change when you start a new game. The "Beyond Objects" were fun but easy as are the mini-games. Spooky music that is a little above average but overall, sorry to have purchased this one.
Oh well. It was fun..... once, but boring the second time.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Mar 16, 11 2:15 PM
Hey!! I morphed! I'm a Seahorse now! COOL!!

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Mar 16, 11 2:46 PM
by mtgirl on March 15, 12:33 PM
This is one of the BEST games that I have played in a long time.Am I the only one who thought the ending was a little sad? I know,ridiculous,but I liked the little guy.

My thoughts exactly! loved the little yarn doll! Really liked the theme.........creepy old town to poke through complete with a cemetery and abandoned orphanage. I always find clowns scary so the one here fits...ha! This is the second game in a row that had morphing objects to find [here they called them "beyond" things], and I find those fun. Great story line and art/graphics.........pretty linear, but if you do get lost there is a map which tells you if there are tasks to perform, and in what area. Lots of HOG scenes [goody!], and a variety of mini games..........a tad short, but all in all fun! ... ...... ....*smack

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Mar 16, 11 4:34 PM
I was really caught up by the demo. Very unhappy when it ended. lol I'll be spending one of my credits on it this month.

I usually can't justify to myself the purchase of a CE for twice the price of an SE. The additional play time doesn't equal another game; and the strategy guides, while handy, usually don't have any info that can't be found in a walkthrough either on BFG or other websites.

5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Mar 16, 11 8:27 PM
I thought it was simple and entertainig. I play to relax. I don't like to think too hard . Yet some nini games were quite clever ! The graphics and story line were also good. Not a bad little game at all !

Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by speedswifey on Mar 17, 11 6:37 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by speedswifey on Mar 17, 11 6:40 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am stuck at the door when you put the combination in to open door but no matter what i put in it does not open can someone help this fishy get past this part please

pphrn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pphrn on Mar 17, 11 10:40 AM
I enjoyed the game but, about half way through it became annoying.
You had to constantly find one item to continue. Ex. find one key, then find another key, then find another key, etc. The screens did tell you there was nothing to do in this area....**** O.K. some objects hidden in dark places, which the hint button helped with. Lots of great graphics, ghosts....
I had to stop playing because of the repeating of finding one key to continue, just got too annoying.

k25belle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by k25belle on Mar 17, 11 10:49 AM
music was great, graphics were great, story so far was great, oook lets just say the whole game was great lol. loved the demo now i have to try and survive the wait for my credit to come out lol

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 17, 11 2:23 PM
I've ennjoyed the demo.....got a few minutes left and am currently stiuck on the square puzzle where you drop the silver skull down it....
anyway love the graphics and music, and the story is certainly intriguing..
but I probably won't buy it because I find the creepy games make me tense instead of relaxed
I have enjoyed several other Alawar games - the ones which come to mind are Treasures of Mystery Island which is iHOG, and the completely bonkers but enjoyable Mushroom Age

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Mar 17, 11 3:59 PM
Hi Fishes

Anyone know about how long the game is?

Thanks
Mamaduke

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 17, 11 7:05 PM
mamaduke63 wrote:Hi Fishes

Anyone know about how long the game is?

Thanks
Mamaduke

If you played the demo, check the walkthrough to see where you were when you finished that, and look at the scroll bar on the right.

I probably got just under half way through in the demo. Bought the game and have played a little while (less than an hour I think?), looked at the walkthrough as a gauge, and it seems I'm already at Chapter 8. So this is going to be a short one for me ...but it's very nice, I love the graphics. I'll know when I'm done if it was worth a credit.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Mar 19, 11 3:10 PM
I thought the game was okay. Yes the graphics were good, but a bit blurry in the **** scenes. I played the game in "expert" mode and found the puzzles quite easy and almost all of the **** scenes were a non-challange. The saving graces of this game were the "beyond objects" and most of the storyline. I must admit I found the gameplay a little easy and boring, but it would make a good daily deal.

Go to: