fingretart
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Hunters

[Post New]by fingretart on Mar 14, 11 6:34 AM
Normally I dont comment on games, but I am getting so tired of these games that force you to use the tutorial, like this game did, also the ones that force you to watch cut scenes, dont give a option for advanced or normal game play. So in hopes that the creators of games may some time read these comments Im putting my 2 cents in. Im not an idiot, I can figure out games without someone leading me by the hand, I DONT need sparkles to tell me where something is, I can find things without little fairies jumping on items, arghhh the list goes on...

[Post New]by starpoint5 on Mar 14, 11 8:35 AM
Well, this game is OK for kids but not for us older 'gamers'. Cartoon book graphics and I got fed up with having to change between a cursor and a 'power glove'!! I also think the developers of this game should use a "proof-reader" as hammer has an 'A' in it ..... spent a while looking for a 'hummer' - thought it might be some new-fangled device I'd never heard of!!

[Post New]by annie36 on Mar 14, 11 8:54 AM
I went through the first level very fast but when the game was loading for the second level it froze. Had to reboot, tried again and again it froze. I noticed a mispelling in one of the Hidden Objects, hammer spelled hummer. I was looking for a SUV or a humming bird!!

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 8:55:56 AM PST

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Mar 14, 11 9:12 AM
This is definitely not a buy for me. The game is way too easy, more suitable for children I would say. Lots of mistakes in the dialogues too. In the Hidden Object scenes, I didn't even need to look what items I had to find most of the time, because most of the items that 'stood out' were the right ones to find. The puzzles were too easy aswell.

[Post New]by Amazonia70 on Mar 14, 11 10:39 AM
To easy NOT a buy for me

Zooey2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zooey2 on Mar 14, 11 10:51 AM
Far too simple as a HOG and the "perplexing puzzles" were elementary. Unfortunately, there are no choices for difficulty level. Ten minutes was enough for me.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Mar 14, 11 11:40 AM
I agree, way too simplistic for me. There's no challenge at all. Kid's would enjoy this one I think, but for a hard core Hogger like me...Nope, I'll pass.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Mar 14, 11 12:39 PM
Really disappointed in the quality of this game. Why didn't anyone catch the "hummer" for a hammer? A bit annoying switching back & forth to the power glove. And THEN....it froze up going to the second scene. Well that's it for me - delete.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 14, 11 12:53 PM
Well, this one is definitely not for me, but then again I have been with BFG for some years and what does not work for me may be just right for someone else, and vice versa.

I will say that the game is awfully pretty to look at; the graphics are nice and clear and the artwork is skilfully done.

Now for the bad news (at least from my point of view):

This game is much too easy, and there does not seem to be a way to turn off the tutorial, which to an experienced gamer gets REALLY annoying REALLY fast. The tutorial is also confusing at times; it took me quite five minutes to find the "Glove of Power" because, while the tutorial instructed me to get it, it failed to show me where it was!

Also, it appears that Quality Control could have done a better job at testing this game. Oh, it runs just fine. But when an American comes across the word "Hummer" in a Hidden Object Scene, (s)he invariably starts looking for a Sport Utility Vehicle. As it turned out, what they wanted you to find was a HAMMER.

Also, in the SAME scene, the list calls for a "boot." What they want you to find is a shoe. Hello! The two things may both be worn on the feet, but that does not make the words interchangeable.

I am not saying this is a bad game. In fact, newbies to the HOG scene might find this exactly to their liking; it runs well, and it looks very nice. But I've been around a while and I like a little more challenge. This one's not for me.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Mar 14, 11 1:00 PM
have to agree with all of the reviews..game is easy to play and it remindes me of the Samatha Swift game. The only difference is the different things you have to use. not going to use a credit for the game tho

ysgol
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ysgol on Mar 14, 11 1:44 PM
This game is so bad. Was it created for children?

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Mar 14, 11 5:02 PM
thanks fishies, no go for me, looking for some excitement, still waiting, will it ever end, what happen to all the good games

shell_1965
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by shell_1965 on Mar 14, 11 6:15 PM
i bought this game after only 10 minutes of demo. now i'm having a problem in the lab. cannot pick up the pincers (tweezers) anyone else having this problem? brand new computer, hooked up today, no memory issues

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

mislabeled items to find

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Mar 14, 11 6:51 PM
I see I am not the only one that caught the errors in items we are to collect. Makes me wonder what language the devs speak...english does not appear to be their first language.

lunachan wrote:! Did anyone scratch their heads when looking for the "hummer" in the beginning that was a hammer?
I think the only reason why I used 3 hints was because I had no idea what they meant...then went "OH..great.." 'cuz the names were wrong. Like a "boot" is not a tennis shoe...

I found a lot of items that were mislabeled. How we found everything is a mystery to me. Here is a list of items I found that were incorrect...over and above the "hummer" and the boot. Some of the items are technically correct, but who wants to sit with a dictionary to see what we are looking for. Other names for items are just crazy...a bell is NOT belt, but that is what I got when I clicked on the item.

Item on list to find- item actually found
screw- nut (one that goes with a bolt)
T junction - power bar
cake- doughnut
larva- inch worm
bobbin- wooden thread spool
pincers- tweezers
pinch bar- crow bar
clock- wristwatch
shovel- hand trowel
nippers- wire cutters
nippers- pliers
mop- house broom
mop- push broom
oiler- watering can
skittle- bowling pin
pipe- snorkel
pipe- telescoping magnifier
bell- belt
mag- mug
clothes-rumpled piece of fabric
besom-broom
watch-hourglass
jump wire-bar similar to a wrench handle

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

mislabeled items to find

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 14, 11 10:19 PM
lovetoocraft wrote:I see I am not the only one that caught the errors in items we are to collect. Makes me wonder what language the devs speak...english does not appear to be their first language.

lunachan wrote:! Did anyone scratch their heads when looking for the "hummer" in the beginning that was a hammer?
I think the only reason why I used 3 hints was because I had no idea what they meant...then went "OH..great.." 'cuz the names were wrong. Like a "boot" is not a tennis shoe...

I found a lot of items that were mislabeled. How we found everything is a mystery to me. Here is a list of items I found that were incorrect...over and above the "hummer" and the boot. Some of the items are technically correct, but who wants to sit with a dictionary to see what we are looking for. Other names for items are just crazy...a bell is NOT belt, but that is what I got when I clicked on the item.

Item on list to find- item actually found
screw- nut (one that goes with a bolt)
T junction - power bar
cake- doughnut
larva- inch worm
bobbin- wooden thread spool
pincers- tweezers
pinch bar- crow bar
clock- wristwatch
shovel- hand trowel
nippers- wire cutters
nippers- pliers
mop- house broom
mop- push broom
oiler- watering can
skittle- bowling pin
pipe- snorkel
pipe- telescoping magnifier
bell- belt
mag- mug
clothes-rumpled piece of fabric
besom-broom
watch-hourglass
jump wire-bar similar to a wrench handle

LOL. Wow. Thanks for this...I am just...well...WOW. How completely terrible. With all these mistakes, even if it is a 'kids' game, they'd have a heck of a time playing this! 'Nuf said.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 15, 11 3:53 AM
Yeaaaaah... I do think this would be a super game for kid adventure game newbies since it is really just a set of instructions to follow and some extremely easy HOG stuff (I didn't bother looking at the lists even) BUT the instructions are sometimes in such poor English I think it could be confusing for little kids anyway. I actually found the broken English an added humorous bonus (I have such affection for those hummers now ) and that's *almost* enough, along with an art style I particularly like, to get me to buy. Unfortunately I was into level 24 of 27 when the game locked up, sooooo no buy for me.

"I don't want to climb that giant and rapid cliff!"

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Mar 15, 11 7:12 PM
Too simple--don't like cartoonish characters. Not interested after 3 minutes of demo. Will wait for something better or replay an old game.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 15, 11 9:10 PM
all i can say is that GFI and Far Mills never fail to impress me.... when i saw them come up at intro, i almost turned and ran away screaming, but decided that i should see how they're coming along...

folks, they might get a few of their translations off, but overall, they are improving maybe it's tackling material that the rest of the world's developers have beaten to death, or maybe some of our eastern european friends are beginning to get a handle on the english language - which i might add is a very tricky thing to do - but they're getting there

as for the switching out of various tools, don't care for it much... the power gloves do wonderful things but you can't pick up a coin with them... and the lady will tell you that you can't use the x-ray goggles but she'll let you turn on the night vision goggles and blind yourself - what?!?! seriously??

the graphics are getting better also, but they've got a ways to go still... in the end, i still end up looking for objects that just kinda stick out...

overall, it's not a bad production, but it's still not my cup of tea

symanjack1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by symanjack1 on Mar 16, 11 1:10 PM
This game is unadulterated rubbish!!! What is happening at Big Fish? The only decent **** games these days seem to be collector's editions. Is this a marketing ploy?

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 16, 11 4:34 PM
I finally got around to trying this game. I truly liked the look of it but the language barrier is really a problem for me. I didn't know what to look for half the time. I found switching between powers to be very annoying and the dialogue box that popped up and halted the game also very annoying. This developer has achieved a nice look but they still need a lot of fine tuning before releasing a game to an English speaking public. I don't know how long I looked for a hummer before getting the clue. I looked for an automobile or a bee or a humming bird. It took the clue to tell me it was a hammer I needed. I didn't even finish the demo. Sorry developers.

Go to: