sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Insider Tales:The Stolen Venus 2

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 21, 11 1:57 AM
I tried the demo and it was very sluggish and choppy which made it very frustrating to play. I was glad when the hour was up.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Mar 21, 11 2:03 AM
I LOVE the fact that this game does NOT hold your hand. I get so tired of mini-game instructions for mini-games that I've played dozens of times in other Hidden Object Games so it was a welcomed relief to not have to deal with it.

I know some say it was too hard and were irritated at having to rely on a walk-through but I'm one of those players that LOVE a challenge, HATES hand-holding and likes to figure out what to do on my own. This game provides that. I do own the other three Insider Tales and this one is by far better than the other three: graphics are crisp and there is plenty to do. Length is decent as long as you stay away from that walk-through! Those can shorten game length considerably.

All in all, I am pleased. A big thank you for the challenge-there are plenty of games out there that provide hand-holding. IMO, we need more games that don't!

Happy gaming fishies! Quite the selection this week! Yay!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 21, 11 2:16 AM
sunnyglow wrote:Okay game. I read it is 2 years old which explains why the graphics are not as detailed or as good as other games. It is a little jerky but it is definitely not boring. I will play the other games which I purchased first. Not as great as the last three we have had but not bad at all. When you think about all the horrible games in the last three weeks, these four HOGs are phenomenal. I will probably use one of my credits for this one but won't play it completely right away. It is not like the other 3. This one is a mystery so there will be fewer puzzles. However, it seems pretty decent.

I think that you may have mis-read my post. I said that the first Venus came out 2 years ago. (BF March 2009). Sorry if I misled you.

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 2:17:41 AM PST

[Post New]by mims05 on Mar 21, 11 4:31 AM
Well, I'm one who read your reviews and unless they are all BOO's, I usually give them a try. So I guess I tried about 20 minutes of this one before I deleted it. Not a continuation of the winning streak we've had recently...that's my kindest comment. (yawn)...

Edited on 03/21/2011 at 4:32:08 AM PST

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Mar 21, 11 8:22 AM
I almost did not try this game from the many negative reviews, but I am glad i did. I enjoyed the game once I understood how everything worked.

So no, if you are looking for a game that will hold your hand this is not the game for you, but the hints do work just takes time.

You can click on the dialog and it moves forward and I have Win7 and widescreen so the whole screen is filled and there is no lag for me in anyway.

The scenes are not fuzzy for me and there is interaction in the **** scenes sometimes you have to coming back to the hidden scene, this took me a little to figure that out! LOL

I actually would suggest that everyone try it each of us like different types of play.

IMO I give this a 4-5 depending on length has to be over 3 hours play time for me to buy which the great games we have had recently were not.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 21, 11 2:35 PM
I have played the first "the stolen venus-game" and didn`t liked it very much. This game is also not very special. Just an okay-game. I won`t buy it yet, but maybe later if I need another game for my punchcard

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 21, 11 7:28 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I am surprised to find that many if the posters have found the graphics clear, whereby they are very fuzzy on my laptop as per most of the "Insider Tales" series, as are the words.
As usual for this series there are more puzzles to solve than H0 scenes, and it takes some brain power to work out what you need to do to complete some of them.
After the most enjoyable games of the past couple of days that had more "mature" graphics and style, this is a maybe for me at this point.
Not a review, just my comment on this game after completing 45 minutes of the trial.
Cheers

My thoughts exactly...

izuru
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by izuru on Mar 21, 11 8:58 PM
I loved the first 3 games (Secret of Casanova, Stolen Venus, Vanished in Rome, played all of them more than once) but this one was a huge disappointment. Instead of the same style as the previous games this one has more of a Mystery Case Files feel, where you walk into a room and there's a shiny spot where you can click and go to a hidden object scene, rather than just walking into a scene and it's full of objects and things to solve. Also, the hidden things aren't as well hidden as in the previous games. As I recall, the earlier games had a bit of "engrish" with regard to the names of the objects but that was part of the charm of the game, for me.

I like when the minigames don't have instructions, but sometimes it is a little irritating before you figure out what you're supposed to do. Also I like there being no voice acting, because that could get strange and iffy with all the different nationalities represented in these games.

I think I would probably have liked this game better if it wasn't packaged in a franchise I really enjoyed, because taken on its own there's nothing wrong with it. **** scenes are kinda easy, minigames are slightly vexing but fun, nice graphics, etc. I like Mystery Case Files and other games with a similar style. Just, I really wanted the same feel and difficulty level as previous Francesca Di Porta games.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 22, 11 7:16 AM
too slow. music boring. graphics just ok, no buy here

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 22, 11 3:06 PM
I am a big fan of this series so I bought the game outright. The graphics are beautiful and the story is good. One thing is really getting old in this game though. Minis have no instructions. Sometimes I have no idea what to do. When I do know what to do, I can't make it work (pizza sauce). I am not stupid but this game makes me feel that way. So far (I am trying to make pizza) this is probably the most frustrating game I have bought (because I did not buy others that were this annoying).

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Mar 22, 11 9:49 PM
I don't think I could take the cursor swaying and darting all the way through the game so it's a NO BUY for me.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 25, 11 3:39 AM
I like it. The graphics are very clear, especially in the **** scenes, and the swaying in some rooms is ok, it doesn't make me feel . I like the story and found myself completely ingulfed in playing detective. Quite a lot of puzzles, which I like. It's a buy for me.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Mar 25, 11 1:50 PM
Most unusual for me - played about 10 minutes and had had enough. Poor clues for HOs - just didn't grab me. My computer recently crashed (Mishap 2 - thanks for that!), but the fun part has been reloading all my old games and playing them again. Hate to pay money for games that aren't even close to the ones I own.

shore_girl
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by shore_girl on Mar 26, 11 5:53 AM
First time playing this game and I'm stuck on the first hidden object scene, I can't get the coin because its in the crumbled paper?? I tried using the scissors and its not working anywhere. Help!!!

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Mar 26, 11 11:00 AM
I am not too happy with this game. The first one was much better. This one is sort of choppy and the mouse moves real slow. Some of the puzzles are hard to do because of the slow movement of the mouse. Dont know if anyone else is having these issues or not. I will still buy games from BFG though.

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Mar 26, 11 9:42 PM
I like this game ok..everything working fine for me except..the lobster cutting the rope in the aquarium.......................tried about 30 times.....

Help.....
Lunahielo

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Mar 31, 11 4:47 PM
I must be one of those with senility, because I can't get to the Liner from the Fountain area. The Map is completed ( for now). So what have I missed or forgotten? How dumb can I be??
Please help?

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Mar 31, 11 4:51 PM
Luna, put the Lobster in the Tank, then after it goes behind that rock, start clicking on the lobster and keep doing so until it gets to the rope. It will cut it.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Apr 1, 11 7:48 PM
Elkestra wrote:* continued*

I didn't find the music to be anything special, generally discreet enough to run in the background without really noticing it. It's certainly not bad, just bland. So far there haven't been any repetitive environmental sound-effects, but there again we're not dealing with dark spirits here.

All in all, I found the game looked and felt bright and clean, which will please people getting tired of shadows and evil. It's been an enjoyable experience playing it so far... but, that said, I didn't find it particularly grabbing me either. I'm going to play the rest of the demo time to see if I change my mind, but I have a feeling this will go on the 'rain day' pile, rather than the 'must buy'.

(Apologies if this review isn't quite as good as the previous two... the words just didn't seem to want to flow this morning )

I loved your review. I only played a few minutes, but I thought that the graphics were beautiful, and it was fun and relaxing. I really agree with your comment re: game is not like so many others recently...dark/evil/hard to see/ etc., Thanks for taking the time to review. .
OnWI

[Post New]by denise58 on Apr 4, 11 1:11 PM
I cannot get the sauce on the pizzaI followed the stars but it will not go on. HELP!

Go to: