Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

Re:Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 25, 11 12:26 AM
I'm wondering...BFG always boasts with how thoroughly they test the games before they offer them on their side. Why then are they so many problems with this one?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 25, 11 1:11 AM
Did anyone try Dr.Felix? That is the advice that I get from BF. DirectX is good.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Mar 25, 11 8:24 AM
No sound here either and......yeah~ this game seems to just irritate 99% of posters.
So...I'm unclear on exactly WHAT Bigfish is. Is it just a distributor of games? I apologize for my stupidity ahead of any answer but I've been playing off this site for years now & it seems that only recently have the games been glitchy & troublesome.
Is there a mod on board who could possibly give me a really clear answer on the Bigfish question?

[Post New]by Mordsith9617 on Mar 25, 11 9:07 AM
BigTfromAV wrote:
kimflight wrote:I had no sound. As an experiment I adjusted the music volume and, voila, I had sound. Try it and see if it works for you.

Same for me - had to access the sound/music button - adjusted it and then the music came on.

And me, no sound so opened the options screen, selected and de-selected the Mute option and suddenly it was playing. Having my doubts about the BFG formats now, found more glitches

[Post New]by Mordsith9617 on Mar 25, 11 9:11 AM
Pearly11 wrote:I'm wondering...BFG always boasts with how thoroughly they test the games before they offer them on their side. Why then are they so many problems with this one?

It's not just this one Pearly, this is my first foray back to BFG in a couple of months since the last couple of games I bought using real $ not game credits were nothing but frustration too.

Am seriously considering whether I should switch my membership to Real or some other game site which is a shame since I got my first membership for BFG nearly 6 years ago!

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Mar 25, 11 10:42 AM
Yep, Revenge is a GREAT name for this game. However, what revenge it's taking on me is a wonder...LOL Anyway, I'm getting weary of having to quit the game and restart it just to be able to pick up the last one or two items in the list. But it seems to be happening with fair regularity.
I hope this is an issue that can be fixed and an updated version of the game can be released because I'd really like to be able to play the whole game through without interruption since exiting and restarting does tend to make me forget the story line and end up just playing the game to get it over with. Not a good way to play.

Linda.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 10:43:50 AM PST

[Post New]by klawhorne on Mar 25, 11 11:58 AM
I am trying to get past the preist. I put the clothes on and the sandals but it keeps telling me to put on the sandals and find the buttons. I have no areas live to search and nothing in items. Am I missing something or is there a glitch?

[Post New]by ladygrizz1 on Mar 25, 11 2:39 PM
no can play on this one, game doesn't load, and suddenly my screen flashes on me until I can get the task manager opened and close off BFG and The Revenge program stopped

Dr Felix report is in

mauserC96
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mauserC96 on Mar 25, 11 4:33 PM
In several hidden object scenes clicking on certain objects called for in the list has no effect. In particular the scene in the dungeon clicking on the "love bird" has absolutely no effect. Is it possible to get credit for this game if I uninstall it and exchange for another game?

[Post New]by angelayeulet3001 on Mar 25, 11 6:18 PM
angelfishsb wrote:I am not sure if this is a tech. issue or if my lousy cold is making me brain dead. I have collected all the bones to use for ashes to create the second sword. Problem: I go to the second part of the graveyard that sparkles and it wants me to pick up something on the ground. All I have in my inventory is bones and that does not work. I go to the third part of the graveyard that sparkles and try to burn the bones. That doesn't work either. I have been all over the place trying to figure out what to do. Hint does not help at all. Please someone let me know if this is tech. issue or I am missing something important. Thank you.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on Mar 25, 11 10:03 PM
I have the same problem with the last chain, the one up at top left. It will not budge have clicked every link..forget it, just won't work. this needs to be fixed or please give me my money back...This is just getting to be ridiculous....who checks these things out before release? Obviously, NO ONE.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 10:03:51 PM PST

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Mar 26, 11 12:23 AM
I am having the same issue as dobbiemijnboekje. After exiting the game a couple of nights ago, I started playing again-and am in the castle. First, all of the extra chains that were in my inventory are now gone. Don't really know why they were still in the inventory in the first place because I used all the chains necessary to move forward in a previous scene. But, the stones collected from the dwarves in the castle are gone as well. There's nothing in my inventory, and there seems to be nothing else to collect in the castle. Hmmm....what to do, what to do?

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 12:27:21 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 12:48 AM
alphab22m wrote:I have the same problem with the last chain, the one up at top left. It will not budge have clicked every link..forget it, just won't work. this needs to be fixed or please give me my money back...This is just getting to be ridiculous....who checks these things out before release? Obviously, NO ONE.

This is probably a gameplay issue, not a technical problem. The chain you are clicking on is probably not one of those you are looking for. Try using the Hint button, or check around the statue's waist.

If that doesn't work, back out of the scene and go in again, and it should work. If you need to back out and go back in, report the problem to Customer Support using the green envelope in the right column.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 1:03:55 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 12:50 AM
klawhorne wrote:I am trying to get past the preist. I put the clothes on and the sandals but it keeps telling me to put on the sandals and find the buttons. I have no areas live to search and nothing in items. Am I missing something or is there a glitch?

This is a gameplay issue, not a technical one. Did you put the buttons on and sew them? If so, just leave the room and come back, and that will trigger the next step, where he asks you to find his head.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 12:58 AM
chillygirl wrote:No sound here either and......yeah~ this game seems to just irritate 99% of posters.
So...I'm unclear on exactly WHAT Bigfish is. Is it just a distributor of games? I apologize for my stupidity ahead of any answer but I've been playing off this site for years now & it seems that only recently have the games been glitchy & troublesome.
Is there a mod on board who could possibly give me a really clear answer on the Bigfish question?

I'm not a Mod, but I can answer your question. Yes, BFG is a distributer of games - it makes a few games, too, but the majority of the games it sells are created by other developers. When a game loads, you will first get the BFG title screen as the distributer of the game, and then the developer's logos will come on.

The Revenge is distributed by BFG, but it was created by Hill Stone.

On the sound issue, one poster wrote that if you go into options, check and then uncheck the "Mute" box, the sound comes on for most gamers. Make sure you click the green envelope in the right column to report the issue and run Dr. Felix - Customer Support needs to collect data from as many gamers as possible to fix these issues.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 1:01 AM
angelayeulet3001 wrote:
angelfishsb wrote:I am not sure if this is a tech. issue or if my lousy cold is making me brain dead. I have collected all the bones to use for ashes to create the second sword. Problem: I go to the second part of the graveyard that sparkles and it wants me to pick up something on the ground. All I have in my inventory is bones and that does not work. I go to the third part of the graveyard that sparkles and try to burn the bones. That doesn't work either. I have been all over the place trying to figure out what to do. Hint does not help at all. Please someone let me know if this is tech. issue or I am missing something important. Thank you.

Angelayeulet3001, I'm not sure why you quoted angelfishsb and didn't add your own comment, but I'm guessing you are having the same problem (and welcome to the pond!)

This is a gameplay problem, not a technical problem or a glitch. You don't burn the bones in the existing fire, you place them on the ground in the graveyard scene (the one before the fire) in the area marked by the flash, and follow the directions from there.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 26, 11 1:06 AM
fraziely wrote:I am having the same issue as dobbiemijnboekje. After exiting the game a couple of nights ago, I started playing again-and am in the castle. First, all of the extra chains that were in my inventory are now gone. Don't really know why they were still in the inventory in the first place because I used all the chains necessary to move forward in a previous scene. But, the stones collected from the dwarves in the castle are gone as well. There's nothing in my inventory, and there seems to be nothing else to collect in the castle. Hmmm....what to do, what to do?

You don't need the extra chains at all. The stones might be hiding - change from Inventory to Objects and see if they are in there. If not, try to collect them again - it's possible that the game didn't save all of your progress. If they really are missing, contact Customer Support using the green envelope on the right.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 26, 11 2:58 AM
fraziely wrote:I am having the same issue as dobbiemijnboekje. After exiting the game a couple of nights ago, I started playing again-and am in the castle. First, all of the extra chains that were in my inventory are now gone. Don't really know why they were still in the inventory in the first place because I used all the chains necessary to move forward in a previous scene. But, the stones collected from the dwarves in the castle are gone as well. There's nothing in my inventory, and there seems to be nothing else to collect in the castle. Hmmm....what to do, what to do?
Hi, I starting over again, because I was stuck. There was nothing to do. So. I delete all of my names. Then uninstal the game and closed the computer. Starting again the pc and install the game. That works fine for. I am near to the end of the game. And from the beginning I had no problems.

BeaB7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by BeaB7 on Mar 26, 11 7:27 AM
I wasted 1/2 hour trying to smash the statues. No sound was another issue. So needless to say, I wouldn't recommend buying this game.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Mar 26, 11 8:04 AM
The game will not accept my post of the badge in the 1st picture with the queen and baby.
I have tried wayyyyy tooo many times to no avail. Until it accepts that badge you cannot proceed any further in the game.
I had been doing the exit and return to get the game to work most of the time but with this it does not work. I even deleted and redownloaded to see if that would help, no, it didn't.
So what now???

Go to: