Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Maestro: Music of Death

[Post New]by miltonhams on Apr 19, 11 4:51 PM
I really enjoyed the premise for this one and the music was excellent as you would expect, quite creepy and a genuinely good storyline. The graphics were good, the HOG scenes were not too hard but not too easy either, and the puzzles were quite challenging - I only skipped one, as it was the type of puzzle I dislike, but there was quite a good selection of different puzzles rather than doing the same one over and over again.

The only downside is possibly the worst ever voice actor I have ever heard (well, maybe apart from the woman in the latest Margrave offering), the little girl's mother, but she is hardly in it at all, thankfully, so it just ends up being hilarious instead of annoying.

[Post New]by iluvhogames on Apr 23, 11 7:11 AM
Started playing the standard version of this game this week - had purchased it a couple of weeks ago when the standard version game out. Had tried out the collector's edition and knew I would like it. But, I seem to really like all ERS games!

Anyway, I'm about 60 to 70% through the game, and as many have said, great graphics, interesting story line, though dark - but that doesn't bother me. To me, it has a nice mixture of hidden object scenes and puzzles, though the puzzles seem to be very easy to me. I've been playing these games for about 6 months or so, and I imagine that I'm getting better at them. But, I usually have to skip a puzzle or two in a typical game, or look at the walkthrough. I haven't had to skip one puzzle in this game, or look for help on one. So, they seem kind of easy to me. Of course, I always play the casual version of games, so that probably makes it easier too.

But, I love this game, and highly recommend it. I would give it about an 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10. I haven't played many games that are better!

Edited on 04/23/2011 at 7:12:03 AM PST

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Apr 26, 11 5:31 PM
I love this game. The soundtrack is phenomenal. The premise is highly creative and absolutely unique regarding the music being piped into everyone's home. The hidden object scenes were challenging. I loved it. I recommend it for the soundtrack alone. Playing the game is just a great bonus.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Apr 28, 11 8:25 PM
Loved the game!Contrary to other fishes I don't mind a lot of hidden objects as long as they are like this ,not too dark ,not too small I rather have the **** than a lot of mini games.Hope to see more like this soon

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 3, 11 3:06 PM
Ritzschke wrote:
megwoman25 wrote:I love this game as I love all ERS games but Im starting to see that they are all the alike with the darkness and creepy factor. I don't mind games like that but even the music is the same throughout each of them. I just bought Haunted Legends queen of spades n I feel like this one is nearly the same but just has to do with music. I am not trying to always complain about the games I buy but Im starting to get bored with the same concept over n over n over. I want a game that just WOWS me n it seems like its harder than ever to do that now. I want something new and exciting and it seems like I might need to take a break on the ERS games for awhile.

Did you play Dire Grove? That is the most elaborate one I've even purchased. Although Return to Ravenhearst was almost as good. They have extensive plot lines and great scenes. The I think the both have the most WOW factor.

Yes, I've played everything lol I am a huge fan of hidden object games. I have all the MCF ones n like 100 more. Some new games just seem to always have the same scenes, music, plot etc n I guess Im looking for something a little outside of the box.

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on May 4, 11 5:25 AM
I just finished and really enjoyed this one. It was the perfect level for me to relax - just challenging enough, good story, HOG scenes not too hard and no "find 10 of X". Enjoyed the music, liked the story.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on May 6, 11 11:13 AM
This really is a good game. Excellent graphics, nice balance of hidden object/adventure. Straight forward, not alot of backtracking. It's also nice and LONG! If your on the fence, JUMP for this one. You won't be sorry.

[Post New]by Jogotgame on May 10, 11 12:04 AM
I had a major problem with this game...early in the game a message from the game, not my computer that a save was not possible due to something being "corrupt" and that I'd have to start over with a new name...since I had just started with wasnt a big deal, this happened again...to bypass having to start over again I would turn off my PC instead of saving...well I was several days and hours into playing when this happened again! I am so frustrated and upset, starting the game all over again is making me crazy! what should I do???????

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on May 14, 11 12:12 PM
OK, this, to me, is a perfect example of what is wrong with so many games offered....there is some beautiful artwork here, but the game is so simple as to be almost insulting. The H0 scenes are pretty, but too easy, and the adventure parts of the game are of the "you need a key, now go one room away, and there's the key". It just seems like such a waste of the talents of some great graphics people to then use the art in a game that is so disappointing and unimaginative. We all know it CAN be done well (MCF, the recent "Shiver", etc.), so why isn't it done well more often?

TWO OF FIVE STARS.

calculady
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by calculady on May 14, 11 6:26 PM
Not one of my favorites, but would recommend for a sale price.

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on May 21, 11 9:45 PM
a decent game... wasn't really following the story but was able figure out the puzzles and the flow of the game. art was really good. the music was a bit repetitive.. i guess that's why the town died

[Post New]by unagiYumYum on May 21, 11 9:49 PM
ingram02 wrote:Possible Spoiler

Did I do something wrong, leave out a step? I enjoyed this game, but after I broke the mirror, I threw the violin in the fire. The violin burned for about 5-10 seconds, then my screen went black. After another few seconds, the credits started. Did I goof up the ending, the denouement, by throwing the violin in the fire too soon?

there is an ending cinematic after you burn the violin. maybe you skipped the cinematic while it was uploading?

mtgirl
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,151 Posts

[Post New]by mtgirl on May 22, 11 3:08 PM
Just finished and I loved it.A definate top 10 for me.I even thought the use of musical notes to signify a search area was inventive.I am looking forward to the sequel.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on May 27, 11 5:06 PM
Story spoilers:

This game had a really good premise and introduction and established a very creepy/scary atmosphere at first. I didn't want to go into the city at all! But then as you play the game, although there are apparitions floating around all over the place, nothing ever happens to you. It would have been cool if you had some kind of indication that you were aging as you progressed through the game (why is the detective immune, anyway?)

Great music as always in an ERS Studios game. Graphics were also nice, although the hidden object scenes were a little on the bland junkpile side. Puzzles were of average difficulty.

Something didn't quite click for me in this game despite there being nothing terribly wrong with it and lots of good (lots of locations to visit, but minimal backtracking/aimless wandering because the hidden object scenes would appear at or near locations where you had to use inventory items or solve a puzzle). I think it was because the story didn't intrigue me as more of it was revealed and there was no sense of suspense or urgency.

Overall still a pretty good game, just not as good as the other ERS Studios games I've played.

[Post New]by sansci on Jun 1, 11 11:20 PM
Great game - moves right along except for a few too many **** scenes. Gets boring and repetitive after awhile. Storyline was a bit silly but it is fiction, after all. Graphics and other puzzles all fun.
Glad so many others are bored with dark scenes and **** rehashes. Thought it was just me. And yes, I definitely wait for SE versions - CEs not worth the money for just a few cartoonish storyboards. Who cares - not a reward.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 7, 11 12:29 PM
This was a great game! The length was good and the storyline kept me entertained. The mini games were varied; some easy, others much more challenging. What I really appreciated most about this game is that there were a ton of scenes, yet not a ridiculous amount of backtracking. I never felt that I had to keep going back to the same room and/or same hidden object scene. Well done!

JCesme43
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by JCesme43 on Jun 13, 11 6:11 PM
I played this all the way through, today...had the day off, and loved it. This is exactlly what I like, plenty of **** scenes & lots of traveling. Wish I had bought this CE, instead of Spirits of Mystery that I gave a disappointing review to earlier. Enjoyed very much...beautiful graphics. Wish it lasted longer, but probably would have if I hadn't played it most of the day....I usually just play an hour or 2 after work 3 or 4 times a week.
Lucyloket is right-on about us expecting more & more from our games...it seems every few months there's a new one that raises the bar for all that come behind it. Return to Ravenhearst was my first Adventure/HOG ("traveling games," my Mom & I call them) & definitely set the stantard for me & I just get pickier & picker!
Final review: Loved it! 5 stars for me.

Slowpokie
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Slowpokie on Jun 25, 11 2:18 PM
I just finished it today. What a great game. I wish I had bought the CE. I look forward to the next installment.

[Post New]by artpallet on Jul 15, 11 12:34 AM
I had trouble turning the swallow red too, but I finaly did it but don't know how. I think the point of the brush was on the left wing. Hope this helps.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 20, 11 4:42 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

Edited on 07/20/2011 at 4:45:55 AM PST

Go to: