lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Mar 27, 11 12:32 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. Yes, the graphics are a little lacking, but it is the puzzles I enjoy, thinking, and solving, and this game offers that. Some of the mini games are repetitive, and once you get the hang of it too easy, but finding, gathering items, combining items, and THINKING what to do next with them, is a fun challenge. My cup of tea, yes, so I'm off to purchase. This game may not be for everyone, with some folks getting very frustrated early on, but if you stick with it, you may find it worth the wait, or not. Also, I experienced no glitches, and I'm curious as to how the story unfolds.

I've enjoyed a lot of superb iHog's lately, but all were way too easy. Now it is time for a little challenging fun, that I can chew on for awhile.

ADDENDUM: 3-30-11

It really is an excellent game. I just completed it! Yay! Wonderful game, but note, much patience and organization of items (into like groups), was what I found necessary to figure things out. Also, scan with your cursor, everything in site! Furthermore, I found if I went back to talk to someone a second time after I thought the conversation was exhausted, they would tell you more (hinting at what to do next, or what they needed, which was a clue in itself). The mini games are repetitive, but get really easy once you get the hang of them, plus, about half way into game play, and unlocking all necessary, you will not have to play them anymore, as they stop showing up.

Very unique game play, and enjoyable. Love the superb English accents, & fun to find and combine items. Really not a difficult game at all, once you get the hang of it.

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 8:26:40 PM PST

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Mar 27, 11 12:58 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
CasualGran wrote: But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

I tought too that it was today for F.A.C.E.S.

Yup we were told by Mudrock that "F.A.C.E.S" would be out this week and of course being Sunday, the last day of the buying week I thought it would be out too! Another disapppointment! I also think it has to do with the (removed by moderator) sale as well!

I feel like waiting to buy "F.A.C.E.S" until the next sale just to prove a point if they are going to do this to me! ...I mean, they are making ME wait to make more money it would appear!

Thank you everyone for your reviews on today's TGT. Sometimes I like to try a straight adventure game, but I think I'll pass on this one and save some and get caught up on my IHOGs that I haven't even started on yet!

If you put yourself in the developers shoes would you allow to release your game on a sale day? Because I'm not.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 27, 11 12:58 PM
Bet it is an old game bought up by BF. Dislike constantly having to solve the lock and color puzzles. Very boring. What happened to F.A.C.E.S? Was really looking forward to that one. I changed the resolution but did very little good. Boring story and what's with all the inventory items which you never use. I have played for 45 minutes and the only puzzles I have found are the lock (very strange) and the color puzzles. Neither of these are hard once you get used to them, but to continue to play these is really boring.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Mar 27, 11 1:14 PM
I love adventure games, and was doing a happy dance when I saw that today's game was one. But then I looked at the reviews and saw onlly three types of puzzles. I love the finding, combining, and adventure games generally don't have skips, which is great for me. But I love all kinds of puzzles/mini-games and I know that this one will get repetitious for me. Oh well, got some others to buy on the sale.

[Post New]by farfromthefar on Mar 27, 11 1:16 PM
This game is gorgeous, intricate, delicate and way above me head. I would buy it immediately if it had a walk through just for the amazing quality of the production. I managed to complete one of three different puzzle types. I got inklings of what was needed in some scenes but could not figure out the mixing of inventory items to achieve an end. I know I am out of my depths in this game but I am in love with it and will probably spend hours struggling to get through it. Eventually I will buy it.

Kilan8
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Kilan8 on Mar 27, 11 1:31 PM
This is an odd one, and I kind of like it. The puzzles so far are repetitive and the instruction were not that straight forward. I finished the trial and I figured out (by trial and error) to make a mousetrap. Lots of wandering around trying to figure out what to do. I may buy it just to see if I can make it through. No hint system that I found, but.

Not nearly as good as the other games we've had. Once you get use to ones like Maestro and Dark Parable, etc, this is just a little on the low end side as far as graphics.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Mar 27, 11 2:03 PM
I have to say I had a wonderful Sunday playing this game.
There are only 3 basic puzzles; and while they can be frustrating, they are doable. There is no skip button but you can keep on trying until EUREKA you got it!
The surprises come in what combines with what to make something and then, what the heck are you going to do with it?
Don't be afraid to try objects like the hammer and the knife on different things in your inventory and in each scene.
By talking to each of the characters several times, you can finally get the drift. Watch the cut scenes.
I sometimes played out of order, but it all came out in the end...
Not very long as adventure games go but a lot of FUN!

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Mar 27, 11 3:06 PM
WOW! Am I glad I read all your comments, cuz I didn't know about the weekend sale, either! I don't receive the newsletter cuz my browser (Opera) email doesn't allow illustrations or graphics, just text, so it's not even worth reading the newsletters. Thank you, fishies! And to you, our dear Moderator, don't make such a TOPSECRET out of the password. I'm pretty sure only BF members are going to bother reading other members' comments.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Mar 27, 11 4:10 PM
The whole point of making the password not to be shared on the list is to get you to sign up for the "daily splash", not to make your life harder.

Is that simple enough to understand.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Mar 27, 11 5:12 PM
This game is not one that I liked. I played about 30 minutes and there are 2 puzzles that you have to continue to play...terrible. The artwork is hazy and I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I found this game very slow, puzzles repetitive and story line vague. I love adventure games, but this one would have to cost $1.00 for me to buy...maybe. YUK.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Mar 27, 11 7:41 PM
Ugh, I didn't even finish the demo. The same three minigames over and over and no option to skip. Not worth poking my way through them to get to the actual story/adventure part. Not a game I'll purchase at any price.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Mar 27, 11 8:41 PM
I love adventure games (Rhiannon, Syberia, Nancy Drew, Carol Reed, etc.), but I don't see the "adventure" in this game. I would classify it as a "puzzle" game at best; however, one keeps playing the same puzzles over and over again. I don't have a problem with no "skip" button as I don't skip puzzles in games - they're sort of the reason for playing, aren't they? But once you've figured out the three basic puzzles, which I'd done after playing them each three or four times, it would be nice to have some variety. The combining of inventory items to make other items is interesting but not enough to make up for the complete lack of interest that this game sparked in me. Even at the sale price, this is a no buy for me when I can spend my $4.99 to finish out my collection of Carol Reed games or add to my Nancy Drew ones.

As for those fishies who do like the game, good on ya! Take advantage of the sale price and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Mar 27, 11 9:01 PM
I'm with CasualGran; don't like this one at all

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 27, 11 9:38 PM
CasualGran wrote: Thank you Sinshack for starting the thread!

The TGT today appears to be an adventure game. But oh boy... what a dull one
The game intro cutscene looks vague and amateurish, the graphics are somber and hazy, and the story doesn't grab me (or anyone???) for a second.

I've tried to be patient and play the demo for a while, but when I came to the first (as it would appear all too easy) minigame, repairing an easle by means of some weird looking gearmachine you had to 'attune' I gave up. Worthless. Wouldn't play it for free.

I think I understand only too well why BF has been releasing this game today: because of the (removed by moderator) sale.

Not that I'm not appreciating the sale. Of course I do, I even used it yesterday to buy some games I liked and didn't have yet.

But... I have been waiting this week for F.A.C.E.S. as announced by Mudrock and it didn't show! And now we have this, in my eyes anyway, really worthless TGT...

Bummer. Don't like this one bit.

Once again I agree with you 100 percent CasualGran! I hated that the mini games were unskipable and the art work (for a game about art) STANK! Thanks but no thanks for me too - Wouldn't even play for FREE!

Lean

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 27, 11 9:41 PM
While I haven't reviewed everyone's comments for this game, I have to say I disagree with most of them...I was rather impressed with the different play on this. Sure you can't get a hint or skip a puzzle but that's part of the challenge. I am definitely buying this one. I hope devs aren't discouraged by a lot of the haters...I say MORE CREATIVITY!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Mar 28, 11 12:15 AM
I am nearly half way through the game and just it.

A true adventure game with really excellent puzzles. I feel stumped every once in a while but with a little extra searching I find an object I need, and I'm off again creating some kind of contraption or potion to help me on my way. Haven't used any hints as figuring it out yourself is very rewarding.

Thanks and the deveopers it runs very smoothly.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 28, 11 2:15 AM
This was an extremely frustrating game for me. I kept picking up objects and kept running into the same mini-games which were hard to do and unskippable, maybe I don't have enough patience. There seemed no main direction into where you were headed , I just gave up before the demo was over and that's not me. I would rate it a "2" out 10.

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Mar 28, 11 4:56 AM
ElderJen wrote:This is going to be a great game for those who love puzzles and challenges. There is no way to skip a puzzle though, so this is not for me.

I was not able to complete one of the alignment gear puzzles, so I looked for the SKIP. Alas, there was none. Not a buy for me. I'm already confused with the flask puzzle. I have clicked on the right solution so far, but don't ask me how I did it.

zmiller
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by zmiller on Mar 28, 11 5:11 AM
Not a great game. Just not interesting for me.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Mar 28, 11 6:21 AM
SherlockGirls wrote:WOW! Am I glad I read all your comments, cuz I didn't know about the weekend sale, either! I don't receive the newsletter cuz my browser (Opera) email doesn't allow illustrations or graphics, just text, so it's not even worth reading the newsletters. Thank you, fishies! And to you, our dear Moderator, don't make such a TOPSECRET out of the password. I'm pretty sure only BF members are going to bother reading other members' comments.

I wonder if when the "faces" debut comes out, if it will be a TOPSECRET?

Go to: