Re:Your Comments and Reviews for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 28, 11 3:19 PM
I played this game on another site and didn't like it then or do now. I did download it and thought... What am I doing... Must be old age. Awful..

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 28, 11 3:45 PM
Wow! I always play to decide for myself if I like a game or not, even though I do enjoy reading all the reviews. This time, they were right! The conversation was very lame, graphics weren't bad, HOs extremely easy, got tired of listening to the wind howling. I usually will last most of a demo, but this one only took me 6 minutes to figure out it wasn't for me. Maybe nice for a beginner, but not a seasoned HOG player. Threw this one out of the pond.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 28, 11 4:03 PM
CasualGran wrote:
Elirana wrote:
...... After yesterdays TGT, which was great by the way CasualGran......

Yesterday's game appearantly was great to YOU. That much is obvious. But telling that to me specifically is rather pointless, cause I found that game worthless, and I still do.

You know, somehow I feel urged now to state again... (fin-steps on soapbox)...as has been stated numerous times before, that the C&R threads are open to anyone's personal opinion ot the games discussed, regardless of how good or bad those games really are judged by more general and/or professional standards. (fins-steps down soapbox again

I think we all agree that Cs & Rs are the privilege of any BFG poster; personal opinions of games discussed are worthy. However, personal opinions and comments towards folks expressing game viewpoints aren't quite necessary. Because we only use words in these forums, words mean everything. I try to think b4 I type--right now, I'm thinking about the TGT--been there (demo, at least), done that, won't waste my time (again)!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 4:06:38 PM PST

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Mar 28, 11 4:25 PM
This is about the 3rd of this same type of game that I have tried in the past few weeks. Kind of boring.

1) The dialogue back and forth and mindless gibberish require you to click for about 400 xs a game just to play.

2) The time required to skip mini games is way too long.

Overall, not a big fan...sorry.

rubylace66
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by rubylace66 on Mar 28, 11 5:42 PM
it was rather a pretty and relaxing game
will buy it as a dd

Quickie
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Quickie on Mar 28, 11 5:46 PM
F.A.C.E.S.???

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Mar 28, 11 8:48 PM
A year old vanilla HOG? Really?

Where is F.A.C.E.S. ?

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 28, 11 9:40 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so totally down on this game. You can play it untimed. You can adjust the brightness in the options menu. You had to click a lot to get thru dialogue, but I've seen worse. It was too easy but I think a lot of those CEs everybody raves about are too easy, also. It had nice graphics. I did get tired of the wind, but that's still better than some soundtracks I've heard. All you had to do to get another hint was find a star, but I never used a hint. The objects you looked for made sense within the game plot and so did the mini-games. The objects were fairly proportional and in appropriate places, and not too small to see. Like RubyLace said, it's a pretty game and relaxing,.... good for when you don't feel like stressing out and hurting your eyes trying to find a needle in a dark corner.

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Mar 29, 11 5:05 AM
This has to be the worst game I've tried in ages! Characters jumping in and out the screen all the time trying to tell me a story. Terrible translations----I spent ages clicking on tables, pedestals and desks in one scene only to find that 'tables' are actually pictures or paintings. Another scene I was looking for a 'partition' which turned out to be sheet music! Some objects were not very clear what they were eg looking for 10 diving items! About 5 obvious pieces, then just clicking on random shapes on the screen! The mini games also are very basic, but annoyinly time-consuming when playing a trial. All in all, a very poor offering!

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Mar 29, 11 11:56 AM
The graphics refine, but I have limited patience for games that issue their hidden object lists one object at a time. After 15 minutes, my patience was exhausted.

[Post New]by VikkiAndDorothy on Mar 31, 11 4:17 PM
I wish they'd put some kind of notice on the information page that its one of 'these' games. I download it only to immediately trash it As soon as I see the menu screen I lose interest because I've tried so many lately, and now know that they're not worth trying. Please stop using this developer - they're really not good at all.

glowfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glowfish on Apr 1, 11 12:06 AM
A no-buy for me, that's for sure. Awkward game controls, lazy graphics ... no no no.

Also: from now on, I refuse to buy games that penalize me for clicking. First you make a crappy game, then you penalize me for playing your game?!?! No. Way.

Ahem. Pet peeve of mine, obviously.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Apr 2, 11 3:10 PM
I really wanted to like this game. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is one of my favorite books...

I just couldn't overlook what HdO did to it.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 3, 11 1:33 PM
Not my kind of game. Sort of made me dizzy at the beginning.

[Post New]by crazy4hbk on Apr 7, 11 8:21 PM
This game was absolutely horrible. I could have read a book faster then going through this game. It had way too much dialog! There were only a limited number of rooms. The minigames were just as bad as the whole game itself! I am glad I only used my punch card to purchase this game, because if I would have bought this game, I would have been mad at myself. I have learned a very big lesson, I will always download the trial version first and I will look at the forum before I buy any other games!!!

[Post New]by jreyn15j on Apr 10, 11 2:51 PM
i have tried 3 times to get this game to load and each time i had to manually shutdown wont load at all blank screen

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Apr 18, 11 10:47 PM
I feel like I got ripped off on this one. Total play time to complete the game, per the in-game timer: 1 hour 10 minutes. So glad I used a credit for that last 10 minutes of playtime.

It wasn't exactly a bad game, especially since I love aquatic themes, but I should have saved the credit and played the Nemo's Secret game (available here on Bigfish and WELL worth the credit) again instead.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Apr 22, 11 3:38 AM
Wow, this was the worst game I ever tried to play. I lasted 10 minutes. In spite of the reviews I read I thought I would give it a whirl. I guess I have been spoiled by more sophisticated games but this was totally absurd. The dialogue was lame and the HOs were childish. I wouldn't take this game if they gave it away.

[Post New]by sillydale on May 3, 11 12:46 AM
A very straightforward Hidden Object Game with what looked like an interesting story. Some graphics very beautiful (particularly the opening), some more pedestrian. I played the demo hour, but probably won't be purchasing, not because I didn't like the game, but because aspects of the game were very poorly done.

My main criticism is that the text seems to have been translated -- badly-- into English. There is a lot of dialogue (as other reviewers noted) and some of it doesn't make sense. I enjoy dialogue if it's well done, but if there's a lot of dialogue it ought to be comprehensible -- otherwise what's the point? Worse still, the gibberish factor affects the hidden object games. At one point you are asked to look for "2 rope instruments". I didn't know what these were. They turned out to be a lute and a guitar.
The English phrase is "string instruments". "Rope instruments" is nonsense. At another point you are asked to find "2 tables". I spent some time clicking on a table to no avail. The correct objects were 2 paintings on the wall. Clearly the person who wrote "2 tables" was muddled between French and English -- tableau in French but picture in English.

Someone should have edited this game properly. It's a pretty basic requirement that an English language game should actually be in English that English speakers can understand.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on May 21, 11 2:24 PM
a no buy for me based on the terrible spelling alone! in one room it asked to find a partition when what they meant was a petition! I had to use a hint to find out I was looking for a peice of paper not a room divider! Get it together boys and girls.
I found this kind of thing happened alot in this game. this game belongs two thousand leagues under the sea.

Go to: