Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by Boonsie on Mar 29, 11 9:37 AM
Its all very well BF saying have a spolier alert for comments but they don't do the same when describing games. These games have spoilt my day for 4 days!!!

[Post New]by Lee101089 on Mar 29, 11 9:40 AM
Really?! 2 in a row from this company?!
The first was a no and this is also.

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Mar 29, 11 9:46 AM
You are wrong...BF does listen,,,,,when the Vampire Slot game came out a few days ago,,,the dem played fine,,,so purchased as it was adventure and slot game, and looked like fun....nothing but problems after purchase,,,There were over 50 others with same problem....BF contacted me and said developer would not make a fix for game as there were many others with same problem they refunded my money..So they do listen.....

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Mar 29, 11 9:51 AM
I forgot ,,,
They removed game from site as no fixes were available,,,,so they listen.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Mar 29, 11 9:57 AM
Another boner.I guess someone is buying. NOT me.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Mar 29, 11 10:27 AM
After 4 failed download tries (which I mentioned in the technical problems thread) I did try the demo. I do like to try something on my own despite negative comments on a game just to see for myself. I realize that a lot of fishies do not like HDO games. There are a few that I have purchased and liked (like the extended version of Dr. Heckyll and Mr Jyde ha ha ha Or is it Dr Hyde and Mr Jackyl! ha ha ha! Oh, I am slaughtering the title about as bad as fishies slaughtered the game in the reviews; but the point is I liked the game enough to get it.) Anyway, this particular games is one of those HDO type games that I do not detest but would normally wait for it to come around for a Daily Deal in order to purchase it because I just don't think it is worth the full price value in comparison to some of the other games coming out this week (mentioned in Mudrock's thread in the CCC). That said... I WANT MY SNUGGY! MUAH HA HA HA HA! So Dag nabbit I am a sucker for an entry into that Super Felix sweepstakes so PUH-LEASE Please please please can I win my snuggy this week???

Please!?? I've been a very good fishy all week!

ETA: Yes, and the other reason I got it is I am home sick with fibro pain today so I needed something to do...sigh... I'd rather be at work because I do like my job. It's a nice one.
Happy gaming everyone. I am looking forward to some fun games coming out this week and and I'm off to finish this game.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 10:36:03 AM PST

singin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by singin on Mar 29, 11 10:52 AM
Some of the silent do listen to what you have to say. I for one will check the forum before actually downloading a game to see if I should bother. I count of the comments of the seasoned forum members so that I don't waste my time. Keep up the good work.

singin
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by singin on Mar 29, 11 10:54 AM
Some of the silent do listen to what you have to say. I for one will check the forum before actually downloading a game to see if I should bother. I count of the comments on the seasoned forum members so that I don't waste my time. Keep up the good work.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Mar 29, 11 10:56 AM
I tried the demo and thought it was boring, way too easy, so easy you might as well buy it just to read the comic book. Needless to say I deleted and checked out this forum to see what others were saying. Wow, I get the idea people don't like this developer! I have never heard of them, what other games did they make? Just curious, Thanks!

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 29, 11 11:07 AM
singin wrote:Some of the silent do listen to what you have to say. I for one will check the forum before actually downloading a game to see if I should bother. I count of the comments on the seasoned forum members so that I don't waste my time. Keep up the good work.

singin, I've started to do that to; when I checked the forum about today's TGT and found it was "second verse, same as the first", I didn't bother downloading it.
Hoping for better times tomorrow...

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 29, 11 11:33 AM
Well the game was fine that was what of it. It was too short! Glad I use a game token & not cash.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 29, 11 11:53 AM
I'm now setting myself the target of completing HDO games in the demo time! tonight I finished this game in.... drumroll..... 44 minutes.
Didn't quite finish the others on offer
Happy to have a free game a day!!!

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Mar 29, 11 11:55 AM
Yipee! This was the 1st. HdO game (for me) that downloaded in English instead of Russian. BUT .........double YIPEE that I was thus able to quickly find the exit button to get out of this poor excuse for game. Would certainly save time/frustration if the game description included the fact that it was an HdO creation. Never a buy from me.

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Mar 29, 11 11:59 AM
What's with these grammer school mentality games?? Nemo and this one are just flat out boring! Come on BF you have some great developers. Start putting these kids games in their catagory! Jeez!!

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Mar 29, 11 12:01 PM
Well Casual Gran, I do read your reviews and I enjoy them. Don't let anyone tell you they don't matter. They do.

Girl Wonder, I've wondered the same thing, if the one who used to choose the Games has been replaced. Perhaps someone younger that doesn't have the same taste as we do as experienced players that have come to expect better games at BF.

I think whoever said only 5% of the customers who do spend our money on Membership don't come to the Forums is mistaken. I know 3 people myself that do. Plus I don't post a lot either.

And if BF does not take what is said here seriously, there are other sites that will.

This game is awful, and I had to get out. The Options didn't work. I enjoyed Dark Parables. But I too have had a hard time finding games. I need one more for my punch card for March. Wish me luck!

dreampop
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dreampop on Mar 29, 11 12:05 PM
I didnt even try to download this game one look at it and said no this definitely was a

[Post New]by Pomeroylady on Mar 29, 11 12:23 PM
There seems to be quite a few of these games recently, and they're all bad...........really, really bad. Can't even imagine BFG putting these out. I've been a member for years and I love the HOG's but if this is what they're all coming to I'll probably cancel my subscription.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Mar 29, 11 12:29 PM
I had to download the game to see what everyone is chatting about. I was stunned, to say the least to see such a game being offered on BF. Just awful. Well looks like I saved money this month as a result of the poor offerings. BTW, once while having an online chat with CS about a technical issue, I asked the CS person if he had read the forum to learn that many other customers were having the same issue, and he said no. So it appears that we the users are the only ones who read what is mentioned here.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 29, 11 12:30 PM
This is an awful game. Bottom of the barrel. Is this the best that there is to offer? Hdo should go out of business. IMO. Would not get this if it was free.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 29, 11 12:32 PM
peglegann wrote:I know that I will be corrected if I am wrong I counted 3 HDO games since 22/3, 2 adventure games, 4 other H0 games, 1 H0 CE, and only 1 M3.
I am an out and out H0 fan, what have we got to complain about? does not advertise as being a H0G only site, does it? LOL! Come on smile everyone

Okay the retired teacher cannot resist correcting a paper:

There were 5 Hdo games:
3/22 Aladin Game
3/22 Secrets of the Orient
3/23 FBI: Paranormal
3/28 20,000 Leagues
3/29 Curse of the 30 Denarii

In the same period there were:
1 mediocre HOG
2 SE releases of prior CE games
1 mediocre Adventure Game
1 Match 3