beckins
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by beckins on Mar 31, 11 10:34 AM
I too loved the first EOD; I too was excited to see that "Tomorrow's game" was the much awaited sequel...but then, there they were, the words that relegate me to second class citizen at BFG, a peasant, a non-member...COLLECTOR'S EDITION.

I don't have deep enough pockets to buy the CE, so therefore I get to wait. It doesn't matter that I have been a member for over two years, how much money I have spent on the site, how much I have waited for this sequel. Fact is, with such great reviews, BFG may well decide to wait six or eight weeks before releasing an SE for the peasants.

Everyone can try justifying the CE release, but the fact remains - without the deeper pockets...I am a second class citizen who can be left waiting in the wings for as long as BFG decides. My money is only good enough when the folks from the "right" side of the tracks have spent theirs. What a lovely way to say good morning BFG...thanks for the insult

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by shanyem on Mar 31, 11 10:35 AM
I'm on the fence as far as WHEN to buy this one! I've got to figure out if I should wait so I get three punches next month or if I need them for this month for another credit. Can't WAIT until some changes to occur (hopefully!?) - such as carring over credits and using credits for CE's.
***Whoo hoo! I'm a seahorse! LOLOL!

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 10:35:31 AM PST

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 31, 11 10:36 AM
Poutoule, I realize the forum has many uses. I just thought the one that is titled "comments and reviews" were just for that. My bad, I guess. Still no one answered my question. Do post like these count toward the changing status of your fish?

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editio

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 31, 11 10:43 AM
I think the government should make the devs put a warning on these great games:

CAUTION, MAY BE HABIT FORMING.

Great game... I can hardly wait until it come as an SE. Is it a long game?

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 10:44:17 AM PST

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 31, 11 10:59 AM
So excited! This will now give me my third punch card for March! Thanks for the great reviews! Can't wait to get home and buy!

Gail

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 31, 11 11:18 AM
Fun game, good graphics, nice music, and most of all no problems so far. It is a definite buy for me, but not until tomorrow. Don't want to start a fifth card on the last day of the month.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 31, 11 11:24 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Maybe it's me, but I thought this game was inane and boring.

Totally agree. Couldn't get on with it at all. Simply not interested.

texgma
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by texgma on Mar 31, 11 11:28 AM
Great Game like the 1st, Graphics clear and concise.
Thanks again for a good game

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Mar 31, 11 12:08 PM
I'm very excited about this game...LOVED the first...Downloading and purchasing !!! A very happy fishie here !! Thanks BF

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 31, 11 12:14 PM
Well I seem to be in the minority but the moment I started I knew I was going to hate it,it just didn't gel with me at all,everything about it grated on me.Went off to see why I couldn't remember the first one and found out I didn't like that one either,yet I love all The Dream Chronicles games and others of a similar ilk.Wouldn't do if we all liked the same thing at the same time.Enjoy it without me.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Mar 31, 11 12:43 PM
FINALLY!!! I knew this was out, I had been checking other sites. I throughly loved the first one. I just wish it wouldn't take over a year to get a sequal. A BIG THANK YOU BF. I just have to wait until tomorrow to down load it.(the entire game I mean).

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 31, 11 12:46 PM
well, that was quite a game. It was a interesting mixture of Myst and Dream Chronicles- art wise. I really like the fluid and modern lines of this game. The graphic artists must have had a ball pulling this one together.
The game play is a B...interesting HOG scenes and using items you found. I found myself getting happily lost between all the different seasonal areas.
Love the sound effects when you find items in a hog scene..what a twist..the faster you find them the more melodic it becomes. Pretty good motivator.
When yo click too fast, not a biggie..no slaps on the wrist like a nun or anything, but a black inky stuff swirls around a bit, bot the whole screen.
Some spelling errors, but since the developers all seem to have non-slavic names, I'm not sure why looking for a vial became looking for a vile. Who knows.
It is lengthy enough..not huge like some yummy games, but long enough to deserve the CE. The extra game play isn't all that. Some interestingly different HOG scenes and a game to play. That works well in SLingo Mysery games not not as well in this one.
Defintely a buy, and was.
kris

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 31, 11 1:57 PM
I didn't play the first and don't know what I am doing in this one. Guess I will have to go back to see if it helps me and play the 1st one. The scenes were beautiful and I did manage to do some of the game but am stuck.. So will come back to give you more when I figure it out..

[Post New]by kthawk on Mar 31, 11 1:59 PM
I am wondering what is Big Fish time? I loved Part I of "Empress..." and was so excited to see the new episode...but not sure when to order...am in USA and mountain time...thanks for any info on this...

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Mar 31, 11 2:41 PM
Im lost but I was lost on the first one too. There's something about the lady's voice that distracts me n I get confused. Its beautiful graphics and looks like relatively good game play. I am sure most people will enjoy it and purchase it but I however have to pass. However, there is a special room dedicated to the collectors edition only. It says you have to find memory bars or something to that effect throughout the game which I thought was neat. It has that something extra that I crave for when I decide to play more n buy a collector's edition. Happy gaming

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 31, 11 2:56 PM
if the bonus gameplay is what you access with the seahorses, well then i am a little dissappointed with the length. i started aroung 8 and was done by 12.......for a ce that is a bit short to me

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 31, 11 2:59 PM
Another magnificent game. The CE's are true gems. Beautiful graphics. Good storyline. I vaguely remember the first one and that one was not as good as this one. I don't think I bought the first one because it was poorly designed. However, this is one is a masterpiece. I will probably buy it but I see a trend here. The only decent games from now on are going to be CE's. I think BF is going to pay for this decision. Again, some people cannot afford a CE every week and many, from the comments, are angry that the only games that can be purchased through free game coupons are inferior. I have one left from last month and will have 2 from this month and nothing to buy. It wasn't like this before Christmas.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Editi

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 31, 11 2:59 PM
barbee44 wrote:I think the government should make the devs put a warning on these great games:

CAUTION, MAY BE HABIT FORMING.

Great game... I can hardly wait until it come as an SE. Is it a long game?

i thought it was on the short side for a ce, bout 4 hours total

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Mar 31, 11 3:10 PM
bella81762 wrote:if the bonus gameplay is what you access with the seahorses, well then i am a little dissappointed with the length. i started aroung 8 and was done by 12.......for a ce that is a bit short to me

the seahorse doors are part of the main game, the CE content is accessed through the blue portal on the landing pad and there is a lot more game play involved...

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 31, 11 3:14 PM
you mean where you put the tapes in...ok i played it as i got the tapes, it is a beatuful game....just a teence short for a ce imo

Go to: