alicemac41
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Deadly Secrets

[Post New]by alicemac41 on Apr 5, 11 5:59 PM
I gave up at that point too! The lack of skip button on the safe annoyed me, and the spot the difference was the last step, so I won't be buying it

[Post New]by BFlongtimer on Apr 5, 11 6:11 PM
I couldn't get the hint button to actually show me where the item is.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 5, 11 6:37 PM
lindaqqq wrote:after my 4th time trying to solve the spot the differences that I couldnt see I gave up.
they need to remember their clients are 50 somethings with bad eyesight!

Linda, I am not in my 50's I'm in my 40's and presbyopia has not set in yet (farsightedness that usually occurs at this age) and it was still hard...either that or I kept falling asleep because I was bored and I'm not saying that to be mean and nasty it's the honest to goodness truth. I was kind of intrigued that Art of Murder had a HOG so I thought "Goody" then after playing it I kept double checking to make sure it wasn't a DD because I thought "surely they can't expect us to pay full price for this?" It is such a disappointment because they could have made it a great game had they put skips on the puzzles. Made the puzzles a little more intriguing for those that like them and taken the timer off the Spot the Diff and HOGs PERIOD! LOL! That was just laughable...now, it's laughable, but when I kept having to do it over and over because I couldn't find it because the objects kept getting smaller and MORE HIDDEN (like a tiny corner peeking out behind a gigantic object) then the entire list reappearing of completely new objects to find!!! THAT was infuriating...just not fun at all! I play these games to have fun...not get frustrated. I think this is my fourth rant on the subject today!! LOL! I just think that goes to show how disappointed I was and how much I was looking forward to playing an Art of Murder HOG! It was a let down.

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 6:39:03 PM PST

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 5, 11 8:08 PM
I think I have played all the arts of murders. I am shocked to say that I have not bought one until now. The only things that bothered me was the constant need to adjust the screen resolution for hidden object scenes, in order to find certain items. In addition, I did not like the fact that my trial ran out trying to open the safe which is still a mystery. Other than those tecdhnicalities, the graphics were good and the story line is ok. I am trying to find a worthy game to fill up my punch card for the month....

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 5, 11 9:31 PM
I also forgot to add that I do not like the fact that there is not an option to play this game in window mode. Some of us like window mode so that in case we need help in forums, we can switch windows... So no skip button , and having to quit the game in order to look at forum is all frustrating

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Apr 5, 11 9:40 PM
I agree with Wolfenraindancer! Just sayin......I played about 13 minutes and NOT! The graphics are awful, the tutorial was nothing and it just wasted my time. I didn't read any further comments because they were all negative. Not wasting my time there either. Come on kids, get with the program and put something out that's worth the money it cost me each month and I'm unemployed. So I'm done with this one. Maybe in a few days something worth buying will come out. Used to spend a lot of money of these games but the past 3 months, nada! Don't even waste your time downloading the demo. Huge regrets!

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Apr 5, 11 10:13 PM
chomoc wrote:...Here I was all set for another ART OF MURDER ADVENTURE and what do I find - yet ANOTHER HOG!!!???!!!
If you liked the first 3 Art of Murder games, don't waste your money on this one - don't even waste your time playing the demo....

Thanks for the review. I won't.

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Apr 5, 11 10:26 PM
I too was disappointed that this was a HOG and not an LFA. It wasn't even a very good HOG. They should just stick to what they do well and not go this cheap route to get market share. If it had been better executed I might have considered it, but UGH - didn't even finish out the demo.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Apr 5, 11 10:34 PM
yourshannygirl wrote:
lindaqqq wrote:after my 4th time trying to solve the spot the differences that I couldnt see I gave up.
they need to remember their clients are 50 somethings with bad eyesight!

Linda, I am not in my 50's I'm in my 40's and presbyopia has not set in yet (farsightedness that usually occurs at this age) and it was still hard...either that or I kept falling asleep because I was bored and I'm not saying that to be mean and nasty it's the honest to goodness truth. I was kind of intrigued that Art of Murder had a HOG so I thought "Goody" then after playing it I kept double checking to make sure it wasn't a DD because I thought "surely they can't expect us to pay full price for this?" It is such a disappointment because they could have made it a great game had they put skips on the puzzles. Made the puzzles a little more intriguing for those that like them and taken the timer off the Spot the Diff and HOGs PERIOD! LOL! That was just laughable...now, it's laughable, but when I kept having to do it over and over because I couldn't find it because the objects kept getting smaller and MORE HIDDEN (like a tiny corner peeking out behind a gigantic object) then the entire list reappearing of completely new objects to find!!! THAT was infuriating...just not fun at all! I play these games to have fun...not get frustrated. I think this is my fourth rant on the subject today!! LOL! I just think that goes to show how disappointed I was and how much I was looking forward to playing an Art of Murder HOG! It was a let down.

Absolutely agree. I was one of the dumb ones who thought it might get better. However, after the glitchy hour on the safe, and the SpTD, I gave up. I too was extremely disappointed for all the reasons listed above. Thanks for the rant.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Apr 5, 11 11:30 PM
textrekkie wrote:Art of Murder: Secret Files, which was the first AOM in the iHOG genre, wasn't received well.

Actually, the first one was Crime Lab which was a H0 remake of Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny but it was only available on the Nintendo DS.

textrekkie wrote:All iin all, not a bad game, although I know a disappointment to many of us who are AOM lovers; however, it does look like it will come in on the short side because in the hour trial I made it through Chapter 4.

I am curious how you were able to get through Chapter 4 on the demo when mine quit after Chapter 2?

I still had 30 minutes of playing time left on my demo when it ended so what’s your secret?

Edited on 04/11/2011 at 10:38:04 AM PST

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Apr 6, 11 7:57 AM
Dang, it just dawned on me...punch card credits just came out yesterday...guess that means we will not have a decent game until the CE on Thursday. Oh, honeys, these youngens that are running this company just don't have a clue who these elder women, who put the money in their bank accounts, are all about. Are you guys really that dense? I sure wish we could see a pie chart that reflects the hog games that we elder women have bought and paid for this past month.

Couldn't have said it better myself, WolfenRaindancer. The pattern has set, back to finnish playing The Fool and The Frog Prince again, I guess.
Inge

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Apr 6, 11 8:31 AM
As I said before I thought i had bought other art of murder games, but I did not as it turns out. NOw I know why... I found out that they had a timer int he game, no relaxed mode. By the time I got through having to adjust screen resolution and contrast and brightness, I had to start over with list again. This game has to many flaws for game play if you ask me. Not to mention too many flaws for anyone to actually enjoy the game period. I still have not read or heard any good reviews for this one as of yet. Deperate for new game now.

muse05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by muse05 on Apr 6, 11 9:21 AM
This game was such a BIG disappointment . Art of Murder is a LFA series and for this company to sell out and make this into a HOG is a joke...they even used old scenes from their other games to make this. If they wanted to make a HOG they should have made one but not using the title of a series.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Apr 6, 11 9:44 AM
what a shame to much speech let this game down not keen on the high lighting of were to go next either bought others in this series but wont be buying this one

tomysgma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tomysgma on Apr 6, 11 11:22 AM
I found this game (the demo) way too dark. I could barely see the objects, which are very small. Also didn't like the timed difference game, as I could not see the tiny differences. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by ldollins5006 on Apr 6, 11 4:50 PM
I have been a great fan of Art of Murder ....until now. I've bought all 3 of the first games and love love love them. I was extremely excited to see that this one was coming out. Disappointed is a understatement. If something ain't broke ya don't fix it. After 3 great games why change how it is now. If they wanted to do a HOG then why not start a new series? Why do they have to change it with a great series 4 games in to the series? Bad Idea!! Not a great HOG game any way. I don't care for games that don't make you think just a little bit. Sparkles show you your every move. Not a fan!

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Apr 6, 11 5:22 PM
Cheap junk hog!

[Post New]by Daprince on Apr 6, 11 9:39 PM
This is the worst ART of MURDER game yet! Very disappointing! It really is a straight HOG game! I kept waiting for the game to get beyond the HOG parts, but it ended before it happened! Don't buy!

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Apr 7, 11 3:55 AM
So very disappointed. I love HOGs, but this was ridiculous. The timed spot the difference mini game was shot at a distance with no way to zoom in. The objects were so small you couldn't see them. No skip button. If you didn't find all objects before time ran out you have to start over. I uninstalled before I finished the trial.

beylia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by beylia on Apr 7, 11 6:59 AM
This is a no buy for me. As a previous poster stated, there is no voice interaction at all. I found the demo for this game very boring. Also, the screen resolution was way off for the game on my monitor. I have never had that happen with any games before. I couldn't even see all of the stuff that I needed to find on the list because it was off screen

Go to: