chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by chipper23 on Apr 7, 11 12:54 PM
I Beta tested this game about 4 months ago...Glad to see it has finally arrived...

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock Collector's Edition

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 7, 11 12:55 PM
peglegann wrote:The premise of this game is excellent! Completely let down by the H0 scenes. Very disappointed in the junkpile appearance and the smallness of some items.This is the first game for a long time that the widescreen option works for me.
I am playing in hard mode and I am finding the working of the game pretty easy.
The usual story about trying to save someone. The puzzles are different but again reasonably easy. All in all a good game but not as good as the SE, Treasures of Mystery Island, the Ghost Ship.

I have to agree with you Ann on those two points. I think we are the only two who feel that way though.

[Post New]by mihillbillie on Apr 7, 11 12:56 PM
Well, it was Almost a buy for me. I just got a headache in the hidden object scenes. Although the Rats, Bats, Snakes and Spiders are plenty big enough, the hidden objects are so small it would almost take a magnify glass to find them all. Sorry have to pass on this one.

Sailorben
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Sailorben on Apr 7, 11 1:45 PM
I played the demo and it's a buy for me.. once it's out as an SE. I don't see anywhere near double the value in the CE's that I've seen so far, and I have to watch my pennies. Most SE games come out almost a month to the day after the CE's, and I can wait that long, even if I *am* impatient! lol Looking at what "extras" are offered, there were the usual concept art, wallpapers, music, and--oh yeah, a little extra content. **** hum.

I'm not bothered by spiders, rats, snakes, worms, roaches etc., but for those who are, this would be a tough one; I've never seen the point of that sort of overkill to try to add "spookiness"--to me it doesn't, it just seems dirty. I *am* bugged by clicking penalties (I don't need a mommie to keep me from "cheating"!) and am happy this didn't have any that I was able to trigger in casual mode anyway.

Yes, it has a stale-ish plot, but rather nicely done. It's not very difficult and I often enjoy "lazy" games that I can play in a relaxed way. Yet it has enjoyable little challenges along the way. It flows well, and is pretty intuitive. Navigation is easy. I hope it's a bit longer than it seems it might be (The Fool really was a disappointment.).

The HOG scenes were kind of junkpilish but I can live with that; my large screen magnified things enough I didn't have a real problem with size, but wouldn't like to play it windowed.

All in all it was no "Treasures of Mystery Island - Ghost Ship", which was really head and shoulders above the crowd, but it was ok and worth a normal price.

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Apr 7, 11 1:52 PM
Beadfisher wrote:I skipped a minigame ( i find them tedious) and did not pick up the feather duster. Now I am prevented fromdoing anyhting at all. Feh. all in all, I don't think I'm the audience this game looks for.

What did you expect if you don't pick up necessary items to move further into the game??? Just a comment!!

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 7, 11 2:01 PM
Love those Vogat games! However, for the price, I think they should have actual speaking instead of subtitles. Pretty weird to have a phone ring but have the people not say anything. Some of the scenes are a little jerky. Not the best graphics for CE games, but not bad. Love that Bluebeard theme. An okay game, I guess. I have liked others a little better.

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Apr 7, 11 2:02 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is a really great, creepy and spooky game. It has the same quality as the previous Vogat games. I buy every CE, because they are my favourite developers (better as Ersg in my opinion), so this is a buy too.

Thank you for your choice. We are very happy that you enjoyed our new game.

Please write here your thoughts about the game. It is very important to know your opinion. What do you like? What do you want to improve? Together we will make our new games even better! That's all for you, we appreciate you very much.

Thanks in advance.

Askold
CEO
Vogat Interactive

P.S.
If you like Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock, you may play our other recent games, I hope you'll like them too:
— Shades of Death
— Reincarnations: Uncover the Past
— Reincarnations: Awakening
— Elixir of Immortality
— Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 7, 11 2:16 PM
VOGAT wrote:
Eisteepfirsich wrote:This is a really great, creepy and spooky game. It has the same quality as the previous Vogat games. I buy every CE, because they are my favourite developers (better as Ersg in my opinion), so this is a buy too.

Please write here your thoughts about the game. It is very important to know your opinion. What do you like? What do you want to improve? Together we will make our new games even better! That's all for you, we appreciate you very much.

Thanks in advance.

Askold
CEO
Vogat Interactive

P.S.
If you like Gravely Silent: House of Deadlock, you may play our other recent games, I hope you'll like them too:
— Shades of Death
— Elixir of Immortality

hi vogat and welcome to the game forums.

i completely agree with everything that eisteepfirsich says about you, i love your games. in fact i own them all except for the shades of death i am going to have to go and take a look. i haven't had a chance yet to see if gravely silent will run on my computer yet but if it does i don't even need to demo as it will be a buy for me. i will come back later and give my review of the game.

please keep up the great work, any chance of reincarnations to have another sequel (i just love that series)

eta: i think it is so great when you as a developer stops by the forums to see how well received or not received your game is and to ask for any thing that you can do to make the games better. i say bravo to you and that is what makes you great.

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 2:18:31 PM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 7, 11 2:22 PM
Hey Askold--your games have certainly been entertaining, with plenty of playability, good graphics, sounds, and storyline. I purchased "Gravely Silent" earlier today--looks great, so far. But I'd like to ask why you chose to release this as a Collector's Edition rather than a Standard Edition. With all us gamers clamoring to use credits and Punchcard codes, I'd think your bigger market would be with the SE, instead of a CE, which BFG so far forbids using either credits or codes. Your thoughts?

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Apr 7, 11 2:33 PM
Bought the game without looking at reviews I love CE games for the price you get the extras and they are longer so you get a couple days of fun.

The only down side is items are so small i have to take a break from them otherwise my eyes get tired of squinting i wont use hints so it takes me much longer.

Another good thing is on CE games you get the full screen and no black side lines/ I have a 22 inch screen and i love being able to use this.

I am also afraid of spiders, but unless they can jump out of the screen its just a game and i dont pay too much attention to this aspect of games

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Apr 7, 11 2:37 PM
Well, I bought this game about 10 minutes in and so far I am really liking it. It's spooky, but not too much, and I am not bothered by bugs or creepy crawlies so that wasn't an issue for me at all. I am playing the game in hard mode and it is not too hard to figure out what to do, and where to go, but I am finding the HOG scenes to be challenging ( seriously, some of the items are near impossible to see, there is a lot going on in some of the scenes as far as background is concerned, everything seems to blend in after awhile.)

I also would have liked to see some voice work in the game, I feel that it adds a lot to the atmosphere of the story, but I do like the music and the scenery is fantastic. Even though the story is like one we've all seen before ( search around a spooky castle for clues to help a girl rescue her sister 's soul from death), I liked the way it was handled in this game. Also, the game seems to be a good length, it have been playing for a few hours now and I am happy with how much play I am getting for my money with this one.

My only complaint about the game is that after awhile the small objects you are looking for scene after scene can really make one's eyes hurt, and I hate using hints unless I have too, and believe me, I have been using them today , although I like how the HOG scenes have a variety to them ( some of them are "Find pairs of objects" scenes, which are nice)

Overall, a great HOG/puzzle game for people who love this genre of games. It has everything one could be looking for and it's challenging. I think it's worth the price, but people who buy these know that playing a demo and how easy or hard it is for them then will determine if they buy the game or not. I would give it 9 out of 10(deduction for the tiny HOG objects that are killer to find)

VOGAT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by VOGAT on Apr 7, 11 2:43 PM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Askold--your games have certainly been entertaining, with plenty of playability, good graphics, sounds, and storyline. I purchased "Gravely Silent" earlier today--looks great, so far. But I'd like to ask why you chose to release this as a Collector's Edition rather than a Standard Edition. With all us gamers clamoring to use credits and Punchcard codes, I'd think your bigger market would be with the SE, instead of a CE, which BFG so far forbids using either credits or codes. Your thoughts?

Thank you!

The question about CE and SE can be addressed to BFG more because they do publishing and distribution of the game. We don't set up prices.

Vogat Interactive creates games. We are focused on development.

Askold

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Apr 7, 11 2:53 PM
Wow great game really wasn't going to get a CE But as soon as I saw VOGAT then it's a buy for me got most of the others.

I just hope my DH doesn't see my bill lol!!! Thank you Askold for dropping in to the forums - one thing I like in a game and I'm sure many others are the same is the option to change the cursor from the fancy one to the default one. Just a thing I have I find I can play better when I change the cursor.

Otherwise keep it up looking forward to the next game

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 7, 11 3:44 PM
Just finished the demo and it will be a buy for me.. I love the Vogat games and another good one. Graphics are great and music good too. HOG's are not as easy to find but if you look long enough you might find them. If you don't you alway's have the hint button which loads fast. Like the way HOG's make you think on how to put things together. Nice to have a stragedy handy too. Always enjoy when they have a task button so you know just what you have to do. Like the mini games and they weren't too hard to figure out. Will give it 5 stars out of 5...

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 3:49:33 PM PST

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Apr 7, 11 4:03 PM
This was really a fun game and will be playing it more than once. VOGAT thanks for your interest in us players.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Apr 7, 11 4:11 PM
VOGAT wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Askold
CEO
Vogat Interactive

P.S.
— Shades of Death
— Elixir of Immortality

Thank you Askold for joining in the forum. It's always nice when a developer wants our feedback.

I love this game, and am taking my time enjoying it. I only had 12 mins left when I re-surfaced after trying the demo. I would have bought it earlier, but got so engrossed in the gameplay I forgot!

I have not used the inbuilt SG yet, as I love to wander and pry into everything, everywhere. So would like to ask that

a) please do not give us sparklies in Advanced Mode
b) please do not penalize us for over-clicking by making the screen crack/cloud up/go dark/go light or do other crazy things!
c) please make the Inventory drop out of sight when not in use
d) please make the puzzles/mini games just a little bit harder (so we use our brains a bit more), but I did love the inter-active one above the fireplace in the Crypt Keepers house
e) please keep allowing us to access the SG in the demo

I do like the Art Work, very gothic and creepy, also love the story. The Spiders and snakes don't upset me, neither do the rats (I've had a few as pets, and have known quite a few more in places I've worked) but I know they bother quite a lot of game-players, so maybe a warning next time, and they do 'creep me out' when they don't have any fur! By the way, was that cat somebody's pet! It is by far, the ugliest thing I have ever seen!

I have 3 of the games you mention above, and have also enjoyed playing those, and am now even more intent on getting the other two.

May you continue to develop these great games, so our enjoyment will never fade.

Thank you
Kel

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 7, 11 4:17 PM
I bought the game this morning and am really enjoying it. The hidden object scenes are interesting, as are the puzzles and the storyline. When I saw that it was developed by Vogat, I knew it would be a quality game.

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Apr 7, 11 4:21 PM
Great Game. I am on my second time playing it already. I have neglected housework to play this game. I have yet to be disappointed from anything from Vogat. They are Aces in my book. Happy Gaming fishies.

ETA: Hey I'm a seahorse now!! It only took me 3 years to become that. I wonder what I'll be in another 3 yrs? LOL

Edited on 04/07/2011 at 4:24:46 PM PST

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Apr 7, 11 4:21 PM
This game has some good aspects. But it is almost too creepy with the spiders, bats and snakes in your face. Probably will pass on this one.

hdnobjgamluvr
Shark
Shark
12,611 Posts

[Post New]by hdnobjgamluvr on Apr 7, 11 4:22 PM
Great game. Finished the game in challenge mode, but haven't started the bonus chapter yet. **** scenes are just a liitle tricky in challenge mode......but then again my eyes aren't what they used to be. Really liked it. Vogat did it again!

Go to: