gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 13, 11 6:58 PM
I'm not sure on this one. I might buy it. I don't mind reading although I MUCH prefer voice acting. I'm also not pleased to find letterbox. No one plays games on a huge movie theater screen so why devs would create something that would look best that way is beyond me. So far it seems to be straight hog pretty much but with an adventure game feel to it. I'm thinking (and based on other reviews I'm thinking right)... that this will appeal to neither group rather than to both as I'm sure the devs were hoping. The graphics are nice and realistic but they could have made them a little less realistic so we were searching for things we could actually see... dark and small items makes it a loss less fun to play. I didn't see any junkpile scenes so that's a plus.

The most amusing thing about the game so far?? The fact that they kept item size to scale (hence the small objects) except for one HUGE snail the size of half a tire which was next to it. I started to wonder if this was going to be an alien or toxic waste run amok answer to the mystery. I'm sure they were going for that near/far graphic effect whose name escapes me at the moment but it didn't work on my monitor it just looked silly and out of place. Was good for a laugh though and that's the point I quit to come here... about 15 minutes in.

Might pick this up if I run out of games to play or else I'll for sure get it on a DD sometime. I do still have a $3 groupon credit so might get it for that. Not sure. I'm torn.

[Post New]by LFGamer on Apr 13, 11 7:07 PM
Is anyone else tired of HOG's??? What a shame to take a great game and ruin EVERYTHING about it....except Nichole's name. One word "WHY???"

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 13, 11 7:17 PM
not for me!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 13, 11 11:42 PM
It is not very often that you will see me saying really bad things about a game, but the Dev's have completely spoiled a great series! I cannot add anything to the comments already posted about how disappointed I am to see them completely changing their format! When another Art of Muder comes out, I will try it, in the hope that they change back to their excellent previous record.
A definitive NO BUY

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Apr 14, 11 7:19 AM
I'm unimpressed at best. I played for under 15 mins, exited and uninstalled. Very stilted game play and the items are so light and so small I have to use the hint clock repeatedly to get through the hogs. I literally could not see the bullet or the cigarette ****.

In my opinion, even the walkthrough can't help this one.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Apr 14, 11 10:14 AM
Still CAN NOT get game to show play or start button. I have tried different screen resolutions. game is not worth playing or buying if it will ruin my NEW PC.

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by terri1964 on Apr 14, 11 11:04 AM
I had so much trouble with this game I wish that I had never bought It, and then you only get a 30 min. trial and I finished the game in a hour. It bites and is not worth the time or money.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 11:08:28 AM PST

Your Comments and Reviews for Art of Murder: Secret Files

[Post New]by terri1964 on Apr 14, 11 11:09 AM
terri1964 wrote:I had so much trouble with this game I wish that I had never bought It, and then you only get a 30 min. trial and I finished the game in a hour. It bites and is not worth the time or money.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on Apr 14, 11 12:15 PM
I have just finished the game. I think it's much too short. For such games
I will not spend out more than 2 or 3 $.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 14, 11 12:21 PM
Win some, lose some, as the saying goes, and I sure lost here.

I purchased this game because It looked good in demo mode, and I liked the previous games in this series. Yes, some of the objects are very small, but doable in finding, even in timed mode. I did have to replay a couple of scenes more then once to find all the objects. But that is not what my gripe is. My main gripe is, that I feel ripped off, because this game was way to short!!!!!! Unbelievably short. The story was also interesting in the beginning, but really fizzled out towards the end... not much really there, and I thought the ending was very lacking. Also, there were a couple of moments of clicky stickies in this game.... another words, could not get the mouse clicks to interact with some objects, unless I restarted the game, and then it seemed to work. They also really cheapened this latest addition to the series with less logical thinking interactions and problem solving. I do enjoy HOGs, but not in this game. Just not challenging enough.

Sorry, but I did not feel this game was worth $6.99, and I always try to be fair with most of my reviews and opinions to the developers. I think they did a quick make the game, and grab all we can in sales trick here, and I was the sucker this time.

VERY, VERY, DISAPPOINTED! Nearly seven bucks wasted for sure. Not happy at all. If anyone is considering purchasing this game, I would advise not to. Save your money, or at least wait until this game is $2.99 or something. Seriously, consider the negative reviews. This time, they are spot on. Well, that is my opinion, but everyone is free to do as they wish.

Edited on 04/14/2011 at 12:36:02 PM PST

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Apr 14, 11 2:04 PM
This game was the worse game Ive played....been w/bf for yrs, can believe what I just downloaded? stupid, un playable, I deleted after the first 5 min. also, thought Id give it a chance...NO WAY....I hope this is not whats to become, if so, I dont know, have to wait and see...I was very un happy, but thats just my opinion...But I hope there are no more of this TYPE on games offered, NO BUY< didnt even do the demo(YUCK)

kelexia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by kelexia on Apr 14, 11 2:27 PM
What a HOG!!!!This NOT an adventure game like the other Art of Murder games! It's a HOG instead,i played for 20 mins and wanted to cry for my loss ,of my beloved adventure game.I've played enough hogs and i'm done with them.They were fun while they lasted but i have out grown them.After playing the Syberias and the Awakened ,,Draculas' Origin, i have'nt looked back.Thank GOD i did'nt buy it first like i planned.Instead i have the demo only and that's GONE!I will be very wary in the future if this is the kind of crap "their" going to be pulling.

[Post New]by BF_Fanatic on Apr 14, 11 3:53 PM
I agree, this game (and Deadly Secrets) are not in the same format as the usual Art of Murder games which I love. It can take me up to a week to finish them and this new format for Art of Murder has put me off big time. I had already bought it before trying it (BIG mistake!) as I thought it would be like its predecessors but its boring. Will definitely try before buying again but suggest the makers go back to the usual format! Much better.

[Post New]by mickeykris on Apr 14, 11 6:33 PM
Had a problem getting out of "DEMO" mode. Wrote to Big Fish and they sent me the update withing 24 hours....the customer service people were great!
Now for the bad part...this took me 2 hours to finish when I finally got it up and running. This was a waste of my 6.99..Can I get an exchange?....Thought not...will not buy another one if the format is the same...no challenge for me...very dissapointed.

[Post New]by Lilypily1 on Apr 14, 11 9:16 PM
I am sad I wasted a game credit on this game This is not like the Art of Murder Large File Games at all. It is another boring Hidden Object game and I finished the whole thing in a couple of hours. I was so excited when I saw a new Art of Murder, but it is not the same thing unfortunately. I should have tried it before buying but it said Art of Murder and Large File, so I assumed it would be the same....
Bring on more real Large File games please!!!!

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 14, 11 11:48 PM
I am so angry that games like Art of Murder and Chronicles of Mystery where we were able to use our brains, solve things and explore have now been turned into HOG games! What are City Interactive thinking! Definitely will not be buying any of these games anymore!

Also why are Big Fish Games even putting these game up for us to buy, they are terrible, have bad graphics, really dark and difficult to see objects, some of the objects cannot even be clicked! Did someone even test these games before they were put up for sale??

Come on Big Fish Games and City Interactive, do you not know your loyal customers anymore, bring back the Large file, adventure games we love!

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Apr 15, 11 8:39 AM
Yeah, too bad this isn't a large file adventure game, I haven't played one in a while. Come on BF please send a great LFAG to the pond!

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Apr 15, 11 9:09 AM
Don't waste your time or money. Just as bad as the last one as everyone is saying.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Apr 15, 11 6:04 PM
ember89 wrote:
Misty40 wrote:I won't be buying this one either. Sad to see they've turned this series into a HOG. What a waste!!!

this one too??? but it said large file - ???

well, install complete.. i'm going in!

Have you tried the others? If not then you've just got to play them because you're missing out on a great game Good luck and tell us whether or not you liked this one

nchmvegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by nchmvegas on Apr 15, 11 10:23 PM
way too short a game and not very good at that. very disappointing. Can't get back to the gears in the well. I've tried everything until I realized I didn't care if the professor was saved or not. I'm finished trying because I'm bored and I actually paid for a game that probably takes an hour to do.

Go to: