Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 15, 11 11:55 AM
20 min left on the demo and I can feel my resolve fading away...loving this game
Simple things like being able to use an item several times instead of it being taken out of my hand and used is a small pleasure...like unscrewing 4 screws (just an example)...I would rather unscrew all 4 myself instead of the screw driver being taken over and all 4 screws miraculously coming out...and this one lets me have that small pleasure Hidden objects not too hard to find and puzzles are a bit different which is a plus for me. Have to go to work now but just know I won't be able to resist buying once I get home and finish these 20 min. Dang, wish I had the strength to hold out for the SE but not happening today!!!!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Apr 15, 11 12:24 PM
baglady159 wrote: Have to go to work now but just know I won't be able to resist buying once I get home and finish these 20 min. Dang, wish I had the strength to hold out for the SE but not happening today!!!!

Think of it as an early Easter pressy with no hidden calories

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Apr 15, 11 12:44 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome Game! I still have a ways to go but am enjoying it immensely. Bravo BFG. Definitely worth the CE price.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Apr 15, 11 1:35 PM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:
baglady159 wrote: Have to go to work now but just know I won't be able to resist buying once I get home and finish these 20 min. Dang, wish I had the strength to hold out for the SE but not happening today!!!!

Think of it as an early Easter pressy with no hidden calories

Just the excuse I needed!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 15, 11 2:21 PM
Bought the game and am loving it. Wish they were all like this one. Very well done. Am thorougly enjoying it. Need I say more??? oh yeah, hope there is a sequel.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 15, 11 2:41 PM
and its loooonnngggg.....the bonus content is great

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 15, 11 2:54 PM
I'm seriously thinking of buying this one. After several games with a lot of occult themes, finally there is one that doesn't seem to contain any of that, at least not that I have seen and my personal feeling is that it's a lot safer playing one like this than the ones with a lot of the occult and satanic themes. Please don't bash me for what I just said. These are just my own personal feelings based on my own beliefs. So far, I like the game play a lot and I like the graphics. I really enjoy the audible voices, too. I think they add so much to the game. I normally don't buy the CEs-can't afford them- but there have been very few choices of games that I feel comfortable with and I need four more punches to get my free game code. If I do buy it, I just hope I don't come across anything really objectionable later in the game.

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Apr 15, 11 2:54 PM
yve501 wrote:Finished the demo in 45 mins. and I'm on the fence about this one, somehow it just did not grab me.
The hidden object scenes were nicely done, but I really struggled with the scene replacing objects. I honestly did not know what some of them would be used for. O.K I'm a thick old lady!
It annoyed me having to go to the menu for the walkthrough and it didn't keep your place. I thought games had developed beyond that.
Also I had collected 8/20 postcards which makes me wonder just how long this game is. I think I'll wait until someone has finished the game and can give insight into length and bonus game.

I just finished the demo...took me around the same time.....I had a harder time with the place the object game I agree........I had to put a star and was flabbergasted when I found where it was SUPPOSED to go.....WHAT!##$@!!.......I just found it by chance.......
and then I had a bunch of gun parts to place.......I figured out what I was supposed to do with one finally and then remembered where the other part of the rifle piece went.....Okay so clearly never played with guns much but I did figure it out......sigh......some of it's easy, some of it you will be looking at the screen (especially if you finally place it!) going "Where the #$#%##^^$ does this stupid star go?????!!

I finally figured it out.......! That is NOT my 200th guess, but okaaaaay.....

I did purchase it.....now impatiently waiting for it to download......sigh.....

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Apr 15, 11 3:05 PM
I did purchase this game and love it. The bonus chapter is taking me a long time to do. I think this is the longest bonus chapter I've gotten in a CE. I'm having so much fun with it and I want people to know that it's not a 20 minute finish like some of the games. I think it's well worth the CE price.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 15, 11 3:16 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:
bella81762 wrote:and its loooonnngggg.....the bonus content is great

Any idea how loooonnngggg?

I've been a little gun-shy about collector's editions after buying one a few months back that only took me four hours to finish (no hints, no skips, etc). This one looks intriguing, but I'm just not into spending money on games that won't take me that long to complete. This is the same reason I don't buy books by James Patterson--$28.95 for a book that takes me three hours to read.

So if the game actually is longer than, say, eight hours, I'll consider it. Otherwise, it's back to Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed.

well i think it might actually be near that with the bonus content.... i satrted playin around 6 am my time, and just finished, so take a few hours off for smoking, eating, and real life, qnd i really think it was close to that...

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Apr 15, 11 3:52 PM
Played the game for 40 minutes, and am thinking of buying it. Nothing too gruesome has happened so far. There has been human experimentation but it hasn't been shown in a graphic or gory way. Based on what I have seen so far, I found Green Hills Sanitarium to be more disturbing.

Although the game may sound like it's based in reality from the description, it really isn't.
Yes World War 1 did really happen, and I wouldn't put it past the military to have experimented on soldiers, since I have heard of that happening before, but there are paranormal elements which take this game away from the real world in to a fantasy world pretty early on. The fantasy element reminds me a bit of the X Men movies, and also the British Fantasy show Torchwood. If you like films and TV shows like that, then you might like this game.

So for people that are worried that this game is too much like real life and it might be hard to handle because of that, I would say don't be. But if you are squeamish about anything relating to this subject matter, then it might be best to avoid this game altogether.

gea1988
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gea1988 on Apr 15, 11 5:41 PM
I'm stuck! I'm at the hidden elevator and I have all the medals except the telekinesis one with the hand and ball. Anyone know where it is so I can finish? Thanks

[Post New]by jenniferjenice on Apr 15, 11 5:44 PM
This game rocks! I just finished playing the game with a total time of 2 hours 15 minutes and received all of the medals! I recommend this one as a definite buy.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Apr 15, 11 6:47 PM
Thanks much BF, really great game. Well worth the CE price, and then some. One of the longest games I've played. Bought and downloaded this morning. Got tired took a nap, woke up and finished it tonight. Took at least 7 hours or more to play. Also extra content seemed like as long as one of the chapters. Again really enjoyed.

[Post New]by kevinfacey87 on Apr 15, 11 7:35 PM
I love the game, but I'm stuck on the elevator part. I can't find the fifth medallion. The one with the hand on it. Can someone help me?

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Apr 15, 11 8:21 PM
puzzledone wrote:Thanks for the input early risers. I figured from the promo it isn't right for me. Call me a wimp, but I skipped Green Hills too for subject matter. Regardless of the supernatural angle, it hits too close to real history, and childhood memories of WW2. I don't handle that or torture very well, especially playing at night before bed.

Give me an "occult" as some call them anytime, make believe in a fantasy environment, enchantment, potions, crystals, defeating the "evil one", beautiful graphics, fairy tales for fun. I was raised on Cinderella with magical happenings, Wizard of Oz altho the flying monkeys scared me. Leave out the thought of torture, blood, abuse and I'm entertained. I loved Deadtime Stories, the theme was far removed from my experience, and I recently betaed another Voodoo game

Waiting to jump on another RCrusoe Cursed Pirates and Golden Trails, hungry for something funny.

That's my COMMENTS without even hitting Try in case some others are disturbed too. You have company.
\

Agree totally. Haven't we had enough of these gory games? Bring us a cheerful sunny game. These kind are depressing.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Apr 15, 11 8:43 PM
roxiestar74 wrote:Played the game for 40 minutes, and am thinking of buying it. Nothing too gruesome has happened so far. There has been human experimentation but it hasn't been shown in a graphic or gory way. Based on what I have seen so far, I found Green Hills Sanitarium to be more disturbing.

Although the game may sound like it's based in reality from the description, it really isn't.
Yes World War 1 did really happen, and I wouldn't put it past the military to have experimented on soldiers, since I have heard of that happening before, but there are paranormal elements which take this game away from the real world in to a fantasy world pretty early on. The fantasy element reminds me a bit of the X Men movies, and also the British Fantasy show Torchwood. If you like films and TV shows like that, then you might like this game.

So for people that are worried that this game is too much like real life and it might be hard to handle because of that, I would say don't be. But if you are squeamish about anything relating to this subject matter, then it might be best to avoid this game altogether.

Actually, medical experimentation was not part of World War I, unless you consider the misdiagnosis of "shellshock" (what we call PTSD) and its treatment as medical experimentation. Actually, for much of the First World War, doctors thought shellshocked soldiers were shirkers.

Medical experimentation did occur during World War II, both in the Nazi and in the Japanese camps, but the experimentation was hardly scientific because the victims did not willingly participate, their health was already undermined by the general conditions in the camps, and the experiments did not follow a true scientific method. The results were therefore unethical and useless. (By the way, we Americans shouldn't feel too outraged about these experiments unless we condemn equally the Tuskegee syphilis experiments that ran in the U.S. from 1932 to--shockingly enough--1972, long after doctors knew that antibiotics cured syphilis!)

Sorry to get a bit serious here, but, as I posted earlier, I really don't like the confusion between the world wars that is shown in the visuals and that others have commented on, so I agree that we should view it as science fiction or fantasy.

I have enjoyed the game play, though, and I just finished the demo, so I think that I may buy following the advice that we should view it as an early Easter present!

[Post New]by africangreylady on Apr 15, 11 9:25 PM
I've played about a half hour and just got out to buy, buy, buy! I love these slightly creepy, paranormal themed games. The subject matter is dark, but the game scenes are well done. Objects are well hidden, but not impossible to find. Sparkles to assist, at least in the easy mode, but they don't jump into your face. Music blends into the background, and again doesn't jump out to assault your ears! Well done game...I'm impressed. Now I'm off to buy it and continue my adventure in the paranormal world of WWI

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Apr 15, 11 9:44 PM
I want this game SO SO SO SO bad. I knew after playing the first couple minutes some people would have issue with it but Im open to any genre of game no matter what the storyline is as long as it interests me. I was only to the invisible man when it ended and it still had many chapters left. Im so scatterbrained though because of the sale. I have had a wishlist for so long and my punchcard is already 5 games full this month from DD's so I don't know if I should wait for next month for this one even though I am simply delighted it came out on MAC at the same time as PC. That alone almost warrants an impulse buy!! I have both mac & pc but I prefer the quality of the graphics on mac but anyways thats besides the point. I know you can have an unlimited amount of punchcards to earn free games and this month might do me in. I have at least 6 other games I have on my wishlist. I am such a sucker for BFG. I swear at least $50 a month goes into this! Oh well at least it distracts me from my chronic pain issues! I heard the bonus game play on this is 34 pages! sigh what to do, what to do....

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Apr 15, 11 10:10 PM
I played the beta version of this game and really liked it, I'm glad it's finally out! Can't wait to play

Go to: