theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Amanda Rose: The Game of Time

[Post New]by theoldbag on Apr 28, 11 11:19 AM
I like it! Very colorful and bright. A welcome change for me. My only problem
(and it wasn't a problem too often) was that some items were very tiny, although they were sharp so I found them okay. Thanks to everyone responsible for this little game!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Apr 28, 11 12:28 PM
A little too cute for me, but I like like the interactive play and the storyline is "**** Hum" (another find my "father" tune ) . It's a nice easy HOG, so I will give it a .

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 28, 11 12:36 PM
Aside from the slow load time between chapters, it looks like a great game. Played the demo and enjoyed... so off to purchase. Not sure how long the whole game is, but it takes a bit of time to find all the objects and read the dialogue, so that allows one to play longer and enjoy.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 28, 11 3:13 PM
I am happy so many of you like the game, but I find it boring and am disappointed. I usually like IHOG's but don't like the concept of this one. I don't even care for the graphic's and music really depreses me.. Not a buy for me..

picobird
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by picobird on Apr 28, 11 4:23 PM
I was excited when I first read the reviews of this game and they said it was a FROG. I love FROG'S.....more of a challenge to me than finding a corkscrew, feather, etc. Getting sick of that. As it turns out, this is really a PHOG or a POG...Photo or Picture Object Game. The graphics were superior, but the game is REALLY short. I was in Chapter 6 at the end of demo. Am on the fence about this one.

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Apr 28, 11 5:59 PM
picobird wrote:I was excited when I first read the reviews of this game and they said it was a FROG. I love FROG'S.....more of a challenge to me than finding a corkscrew, feather, etc. Getting sick of that. As it turns out, this is really a PHOG or a POG...Photo or Picture Object Game. The graphics were superior, but the game is REALLY short. I was in Chapter 6 at the end of demo. Am on the fence about this one.

I, too, read the FROG comment, and got very excited . . . and then was disappointed to find out it is in no way a FROG!

I might have been interested, but really, there was too much dialogue! A funny combination of graphics, which I liked--but I would have liked it a lot more if it were a FROG!! <--- /pretends that's a picture of a frog . . .

Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Waazzaa on Apr 28, 11 6:01 PM
TeamSD wrote:I don't like the game at first cuz the graphics aren't so great and I don't personally like FROG. The game seems to get better and better so did the graphics too. When I finished the demo I really like it, the first FROG I enjoy and loved. Another SV buy for me!

4/5 Stars

This is not a FROG! A FROG consists of "fractured" (hence, the "F" in FROG) pieces of each item. This is merely a photo of the item which you must find.

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Apr 28, 11 6:33 PM
Short...2 hours 10 minutes using no hints and reading everything. Easy...no need for the walkthrough, each chapter is self-contained and puzzles are explained and fairly simple...no find the differences. A few of the hidden objects were stick-like and took a close nose-to-the-screen view to find, but none were obscured by darkness or oddly proportioned. Perfect game for light entertainment, but not much thinking required. I've been in the mood for a new Dream Day type game and this game was about that same level, but the story isn't interesting enough for me to want to play the game again. I didn't check to see if the hidden items were different on a subsequent pass.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Apr 28, 11 7:22 PM
another decent game i will buy in May....i have filled up 2 cards to receive 2 free games & want to wait till May to buy several gaems....i will be buying this one...i will leave my comments as well.

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Apr 29, 11 9:00 AM
I feel gypped. Way too short and too much hand holding. You literally won't be stumped in this one with the exception of a few small and well hidden objects, but for the most part they are not hard to find.

Took me about 2 hours to finish the game. I did like the graphics and the story however. :-)

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Apr 29, 11 10:30 AM
I'm in the minority here -- I got as far as the cocktail scene, realized like Gamergirl that I was not having fun, just randomly clicking on things to make something that seemed ridiculously unrelated to my quest! (Yes, I know about suspending reality, but come on!)
another meh game for me -- seemed really linear and tedious. But I'm happy for those of you who are enjoying it! Maybe I'm just in a cranky mood today!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 29, 11 10:35 PM
mkinyon wrote:I got through six chapters in the demo time, and assuming the remaining chapters are about the same length, that's a bit over one more hour of game time for me. That's a bit short from my point of view, so I don't think I will buy it. It's definitely DD worthy if it ever shows up there.

The chapters vary in length quite a bit. For example, in the first 5 chapters, there are a total of 7 locations. In chapters 6-10 there are a total of 12 locations. And in the last set of chapters there are 14 locations. The mini-games also vary in length. All in alll If you get through the first 6 chapters in the demo you've finished about 1/4 of the game, not 1/3.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Apr 29, 11 10:43 PM
Also, for those who asked how linear the game is, it becomes a bit less linear as it goes on, because in the chapters that have more than one location you do have quite a bit of choice about what you do first. We included these notes in the General Tips portion of the Blog Walkthrough:

Different players may complete the tasks in different order, particularly in the chapters that have more than one room. However all players will have completed the same tasks by the end of each chapter.

Use the walkthrough by reading through the entire chapter from the beginning in case you skipped a step that we completed earlier.

It's not a full scale adventure where you can go anywhere you've been before, but you will use your own logic to decide what order to use for many tasks.

Robin

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Apr 30, 11 5:20 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:Well, let's see, if you took a grand total of all the relatives/friends/et cetera of people who have gone missing in games like this, I think a city the size of Philadelphia would be empty by now. Oy vey!

Seriously, I might get this one as a daily deal, because I flew through the demo and got what looks like a quarter of the way done, which means it will be too short and easy for my tastes. Others will enjoy it, though, so I'll recommend it for those who like popcorn at the movies that don't mind paying eight bucks for a small tub of it.

Hey! Someone else who says Oy Vey! That's one of my most used expressions!!

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on May 1, 11 12:47 AM
KATE60 wrote:too much faffing about for me in this game. dialog and captions boring pretty tedious game maybe ok for some but not me .

A new phrase I haven't heard before but like it - "faffing about" lol ... but that just about sums up the lame cartoony dialogue between the chapters.

But apart from that I like the game. On the fence at this time - good value as a DD or an event weekend discount or something.

The graphics are fantastic and the puzzles are unique.

It's just one of those games that's not an immediate buy but no reason not to buy it either.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on May 2, 11 4:56 AM
whats happened to BF where are the games that made me join this is one thats not for me not enough to do but kids and someone new to HOG might like it

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on May 2, 11 1:13 PM
I found this really irritating. I have a 17" monitor and could barely see some of the hidden objects cause they were so small, and the background was so dark. Also the comic book dialogue drove me nuts. Played about 25 minutes of the Demo before deleting it for good. Definitely won't be buying this one.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 5, 11 2:56 PM
"Just my cup of tea" i am enjoying this game. It is nice and bright and not too difficult. Very enjoyable. I like the way BF mixes them up. This is nice after a
spooky one for sure.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on May 6, 11 10:58 AM
Nice game! I purchased & finished it. Beautiful graphics, interesting story enough, and unique mini games, although easy. Plenty of chapters, and despite some being short, it takes a bit of time to complete each, as objects are not quickly visible.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on May 12, 11 7:14 PM
I didn't think I would like it in the beginning but the beautiful graphics pulled me in. I am now on chapt 10 and haven't had to use a walkthrough which is good for me and I really am enjoying this one. Not difficult or I wouldn't be able to ignore the walkthrough. I always like this developer so I should have known it would be good. Don't swim on by fishies, this is especially good for new players or oldies like me.

Go to: