Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Apr 28, 11 1:37 PM
No fair fishies!! I CANNOT buy another game until May 1st. But after reading all your comments, i'm gettin that twitchy finger feeling telling me "hey its only money" Please won't some one give it a bad review so I can hang on till Sunday!!!!

Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 28, 11 1:45 PM
Hey SIRSLIMMYEEL, textrekkie on page 3 kinda did If you consider 3 of 5 a bad review. But what the heck... it's only money after all, right?!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 28, 11 1:45 PM
SIRSLIMMYEEL wrote:No fair fishies!! I CANNOT buy another game until May 1st. But after reading all your comments, i'm gettin that twitchy finger feeling telling me "hey its only money" Please won't some one give it a bad review so I can hang on till Sunday!!!!

ummmmm...mmmmm.....in one scene what was asked for wasnt what i needed,,,asked for a pen.....hint showed a red mask.....

bad game!!!!!!

how was that bad enough

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 1:53 PM
Proxyman wrote:Hey SIRSLIMMYEEL, textrekkie on page 3 kinda did If you consider 3 of 5 a bad review. But what the heck... it's only money after all, right?!

Three out of five isn't necessarily bad - you have to read the reasoning behind the rating. That's why I like to qualify mine - what bugs me may not bug others.

I do try to keep it fair...

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 1:55:13 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 28, 11 1:55 PM
Great game and it's a buy for me. Love anything to do with New Orleans and spirits. The graphics are great and with the magnifing glass it's a big help too. Always enjoy having the built in help as I always find myself lost at times. A nice surprise to have 3 games this week that I like.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 28, 11 1:55 PM
Another great game from Gogii. They also make great games. This one is a little difficult in the beginning. Trying to locate the needed items took me quite a bit of time. However, I do enjoy the game and I don't have any trouble with the occult aspects. To me, this isn't promoting the occult. For me it is just the puzzles that I enjoy. Wish the really good games were not all CE's. Grade: A.

My only criticism would be that some objects were hard to find, but no consistently so. Also, the game itself is a little more difficult than normal. But for me, that is half the fun. Some however may not like a game this difficult.

Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 28, 11 1:59 PM
@ textrekkie
No no, of course I did. I read very carefuly. But since my first language isn't english, I can't always catch all the nuances. I must say I was surprised with the rating. It struck me like you were seriously unhappy - in the text. Everything mediocre or bad, except the bonus chapter And then... 3 of 5, which is not bad I mean.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Apr 28, 11 2:25 PM
No problems, proxyman.

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Apr 28, 11 4:04 PM
Could someone please tell me how to get to the saloon? It doesn't say in the SG.

Proxyman
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Proxyman on Apr 28, 11 4:42 PM
@linda1942
- SPOILER -
Just finish everything in the first chapter. Go outside the main gate and walk down (this option is there if you have done everything you were supposed to do). Then there's a map and on that map, you just click on the saloon.

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Apr 28, 11 4:59 PM
Is it me or does Lilly/Lillian look a LOT! like Violet from A series of Unfortunate Events?

Anyway the game is great, good graphics and i love the mystery about it.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Apr 28, 11 5:39 PM
Oh boy, I'm not going to like waiting until May 1 to buy this! Too many games this month. The graphics are clear and the magnifying glass is perfect for those items that might cause problems. I love the 'antique' hidden items and they fit the game. No 'out of character' junk piles. You can access the Strategy Guide from the game by clicking in the left hand corner. No leaving the game to do it, and I found I needed the Guide since I wasn't sure where to go after completing an area. I really like the idea of knowing that an area is completed, since that's one less place in which to wander. I mute the music so can't comment on that. I also like that I could click through the dialogue once I read it. No technical problems and I used the game cursor. The only things I didn't care for were the footprints, and seeing 'this item should be handy' every time I picked up something I needed, but found that in other games by this developer. Unfortunately, my hour trial ended just as I was about to save the mother, durn it! Why does the phone always ring when I'm playing a trial? This is a definite buy for me. Just weird enough to be a lot of fun!

awvines
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by awvines on Apr 28, 11 5:44 PM
So glad to see this one finally here, I beta'd it several months ago and loved it then. Adventure mode has me scratching my head, this game makes you THINK and search! Love the graphics, yes some of the objects are super tough to find, but not impossible. This purchase will put me one punch over on my card, but oh well!

Annie

got2play
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by got2play on Apr 28, 11 6:05 PM
nat_pink25 wrote:Is it me or does Lilly/Lillian look a LOT! like Violet from A series of Unfortunate Events?

Anyway the game is great, good graphics and i love the mystery about it.

She looks EXACTLY like Violet from Lemony Snickets........... Very cute.

Just finished the game - awesome! But the ending....yikes.......I hope the next one comes along VERY, VERY soon!

tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmhall55 on Apr 28, 11 6:26 PM
love,love,loved this game. can't wait for the next one

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Apr 28, 11 6:59 PM
Oh Boy, just finished playing the demo hour and now I'm going to have a REALY hard time waiting till May 1st to buy it.

Game so far is fantastik, to say the least. The graphics are very clear, with lots of interest packed into each scene. The hidden object scenes are time specific, and to some point progressive, as an object will become visible when you've removed something else. There are always one or two items that are quite difficult to find.

The story line is gripping, the music, to my tastes is great...it's even getting me scared - going from one area to another makes you hesitate, just waiting for someone or something to jump out at you and scare the living you know what out of you! Just Marvelous!!!

It seems like it will be a long game, the guide has, if I recall correctly, 106 pages. I managed about 25 and that included the intro and basic play! I love that you get to make spells.

All in all an absolutely wonderful job by the designers. I think this may be one of the best games in a long while, and there have been quite a few in the race.

One thing, that may annoy some folks is the black stripes on the sides of the screen. I don't usually get them, when many do.....however, IMO it in no way detracts from the game...you've so much to see that I didn't notice them.

This is a definite buy for me, just counting down the days...three sleeps to go!

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on Apr 28, 11 7:01 PM
Can someone please tell me how to pick the weeds by the well outside the saloon? Thank you Sadsid

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 7:03 PM
bella81762 wrote:
SIRSLIMMYEEL wrote:No fair fishies!! I CANNOT buy another game until May 1st. But after reading all your comments, i'm gettin that twitchy finger feeling telling me "hey its only money" Please won't some one give it a bad review so I can hang on till Sunday!!!!

ummmmm...mmmmm.....in one scene what was asked for wasnt what i needed,,,asked for a pen.....hint showed a red mask.....

bad game!!!!!!

how was that bad enough

SPOILER (highlight to read)

I think you are refering to the scene that asked for a "domino" and the result was a mask that covered just the eye area. I looked it up, and that is one of the definitions of domino! (Gotta love a game that teaches grammer...) But that's the only thing I found that seemed to be named wrongly, and it turned out they were right and I was wrong.

Edited on 04/28/2011 at 7:24:41 PM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Apr 28, 11 7:07 PM
Sadsid wrote:Can someone please tell me how to pick the weeds by the well outside the saloon? Thank you Sadsid

Did you check the strategy guide? Just click the little open book in the bottom left corner.

Sadsid
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Sadsid on Apr 28, 11 7:31 PM
I did check the strategy guide. It just says to collect some weeds from around the well. I clicked on the area and it says garden variety weeds, nothing I try will allow me to pick the weeds. Please help...Sadsid Thanks

Go to: