jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Chronicles: Betrayals of Love

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 1, 11 9:14 AM
LOL.

Don't worry, I got Easter wrong a week early. I even sent PurrThang an early birthday greeting.,

My kids got up had Easter eggs had Easter dinner, all apart from my son, who I was very cross with as I hadn't seen him. He came in at 11 pm, got on my bed with me & said Mother, Easter is NEXT SUNDAY (With that slow voice one saves for the simple)

The next day, my youngest ( who scoffed her eggs the quickest, said " I knew it wasn't Easter but I didn't like to spoil it for you"

I know this is off topic, but just wanted to join the " don't know what week it is" club

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on May 1, 11 9:36 AM
Played 20 mins. of demo and love this game! I'll be buying it in a few days. I agree with all the positive comments. During the demo I had no tech problems and appreciate the wide-screen option.

Welcome back goofyduck! You have been missed!

faylyn

[Post New]by baglady159 on May 1, 11 9:45 AM
WELCOME BACK GOOFYDUCK. Have really missed your reviews. Thought about you the other day when I put on my tennis shoes (sneakers ) and wondered when we would hear from you again!

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on May 1, 11 9:50 AM
Good to hear from Goofyduck. Here is a game that I will buy. No sister or brother to find. Playing a detective is my favorite type of game. The graphic are excellent and the background music and sounds are pleasant. It is a new month so there is no need to wait to start a new card.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 9:58:08 AM PST

chessiegirl
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by chessiegirl on May 1, 11 9:51 AM
Great to have you back Goofyduck! I missed your reviews and this one is right on target, Thanks again

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 9:52:19 AM PST

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by saadia60 on May 1, 11 9:58 AM
Trying hard to like this game...am desparate to play. hey did someone say that if u buy a CE or 2 SE's u get a free game????? if so How do i get it????

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 10:04 AM
Tundei wrote:Looks like a good game, but is there any way to get rid of the sparkles? If not, I don't think it will be a buy, to much hand holding

The sparkles do reduce quite a bit, the trick in this game is to know which area to go to! Took me 5 hours approx., for anyone that wants to know

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on May 1, 11 10:12 AM
leapfrog0202 wrote:P.S. If you are also in a country that celebrates Mother's Day today, Happy Mother's Day to you too! Didn't mean to leave anyone out.

I always read reviews before bothering to download so I figured I'd post a review to help out all the people whose reviews I have read in the past. Thanks for all the great information everyone.

It is the second sunday in May for Canada and the U.S. that will be May 8th. Today is May Day.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on May 1, 11 10:21 AM
WELCOME BACK GOOFYDUCK!!
Hopefully, things are well enough for you to stay for a long time!
Now, for the game, I will try it on your say-so. Thanks for the input.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on May 1, 11 10:26 AM
Another great game, thank you !! Not much to add to what has already been said, except to say that there's been a great run of HOGS/IHOGS lately; I'll have a real challenge deciding what to buy when my credits come in.
Oh, did I mention thank you ?

[Post New]by Coronagold on May 1, 11 10:53 AM
SPOILER ALERT! (highlight to read)

Don'tcha just love how a dull knife that can't cut flowers can cut burlap sacks? And after you cut the sacks you're left with a pile of grain twice as high as the sacks were? And how you now need a shovel in order to move the grain aside? And all the while wondering why you couldn't just have moved the sacks while they were still full of grain?As far as I remember, people tend to put grain in manageable-sized containers or sacks for easier transport. Who on earth would fill a sack with 400 pounds of grain? What good is it if you can't move it?

Anyway when I finally got to the windmill cottage and examined the roof this he-man of an inspector says, "I can't climb up there on my own."
Involuntarily I belted out at the game screen that maybe he should ask his mommy.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 1, 11 10:59 AM
SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK GOOFY !!!!!!!!!!

As usual nothing much to add to your review, so just a little comment. H0 are pretty hard to find, have already been to masses of places (played 20 minutes), love the graphics, as for mini games, I didn't skip the maze but the following ones in order to get more of the game.
It's supposed to take place in France, in my whole life I've never seen (or heard of) a French policeman wearing such a helmet (I've checked all my encyclopedias), they were probably short of people in the French police at this time and begged for help from England.....
Liked it enought to buy it and if Goofy has worn out a few sneakers, it's probably not short.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 1, 11 11:12 AM
Hi, Goofyduck...great to have you back in the pond! Everyone had such great reviews, but I really missed yours. Now, off to try out the game.

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 11:16:35 AM PST

esmeqt
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by esmeqt on May 1, 11 11:19 AM
jojo_the_joyful wrote:LOL.

Don't worry, I got Easter wrong a week early. I even sent PurrThang an early birthday greeting.,

My kids got up had Easter eggs had Easter dinner, all apart from my son, who I was very cross with as I hadn't seen him. He came in at 11 pm, got on my bed with me & said Mother, Easter is NEXT SUNDAY (With that slow voice one saves for the simple)

The next day, my youngest ( who scoffed her eggs the quickest, said " I knew it wasn't Easter but I didn't like to spoil it for you"

I know this is off topic, but just wanted to join the " don't know what week it is" club

This story makes my day! Thank you for sharing! LOL

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on May 1, 11 11:23 AM
FINALLY!! Loved this game so far, not crazy about some of the mini games but they are skippable, definite buy for me. To BFG, nice to have a game that it's too "dark"

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 11:31 AM
divaprods wrote:FINALLY!! Loved this game so far, not crazy about some of the mini games but they are skippable, definite buy for me. To BFG, nice to have a game that it's too "dark"

There are only 4 mini games in total. After that, there are no more. It is quite bizarre

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 1, 11 11:56 AM
I have the first Mystery Chornicles and really enjoyed it.

On the fence a little with this one, super clear graphics and love the mystery story and my but is ....... why so very clear and great graphics until the h o scenes and I am having probs seeing the objects.

Happy game day to all fishies

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on May 1, 11 12:09 PM
I was so glad to see your review, goofyduck-great as always! I always read some of the reviews for a game and watch the video before I play the trial, hoping to find out whether it's a game I might like before I download it and this one sounds like one for me so, I'm off to try it.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 1, 11 12:29 PM
Nice game. I enjoyed the demo, just hope the rest lasts a lot longer. Don't have anything really to add to all the great reviews. Don't mind the "find it here and use it there" type of games. Makes it a bit more challenging to remember where I saw the item I needed to use it on. Keeps my mind working. Will be buy for me, but waiting for my credits first. Spent way too much last month.

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on May 1, 11 1:32 PM
I agree with all of the nice comments by all the fishes (welcome back goofyduck), but this game seemed bit short. YOU WILL NEED YOUR SNEAKERS. Graphics were good, the hint was really helpful (tells you what you need to do next). All in all , a good game...would have liked two or three more scenes though. I still bought it and enjoyed the two hours it took me to finish (and I am NOT a great gamer, yet.

Go to: