Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 1, 11 6:06 AM
Thanks for the link shadowfax. At least that worked.

Dobbie: You can buy any of the combination up to and including 31st May, but you'll only receive 1 coupon

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on May 1, 11 6:07 AM
Well, you all had me so curious about the popup that I decided to check it out. I went to the BF home page and the banner on top had Felix in tulips and a mention of earning free games and Learn More. Then up popped a popup with Felix and the tulips again . I clicked on learn more and it had an equation of Buy CE or Buy 2 SE = Free Coupon.
Looks like you can do this any time in the month of May, but it will only work once for you .
Ok, puzzledone, get up off the floor, tell 911 to go home and have a or .
You guys got me laughing this morning so I hope the rest of my day is amusing as well.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:10 AM
Kelvarda wrote:Thanks for the link shadowfax. At least that worked.

Dobbie: You can buy any of the combination up to and including 31st May, but you'll only receive 1 coupon

You are very welcome Kelvarda.

I hope Belamba sees it at well. I will PM her and give it to her that way just in case.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 1, 11 6:13 AM
Ann and Kelvarda, thank you so much.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:29 AM
Aaaaahhhhh !

I wish I hadn't just looked at the thermometer outside... it is only 34F out there right now. This is very unusual for this time of year here in the Pacific Northwest... at least when it was raining a couple of days ago it was warmer. LOL

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 1, 11 6:31 AM
Kelvarda wrote:As this pop-up seems to have disappeared rather quickly, I'm wondering if it was released 'in error' (too early!) and has been withdrawn for a while. It's very strange that some have seen it (apparently the very early birds) and some of us haven't.

I wish a Mod would come into one of the threads and clear this up. There are some other's in the thread in CCC - GENEROUS BIG FISH - that haven't seen this 'apparition' either. I did wonder (and still am) whether this is another OS foul-up?

Kel
I saw the pop-up when I signed in, looked at the new H0 game and when I went back to the home page it was gone. I think it must have been released in error and someone caught it and took it off. Hoping a mod will let us know.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:33 AM
It's still there luvdemgames.

Try this link: http://promotions.bigfishgames.com/may2for1/index.html

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 1, 11 6:36 AM
Jeez you guys. If someone wrote "drink water to rehydrate" there would be hundreds of posts asking for clarification. What kind of water? Does it matter what color glass I drink it from? What time of day should I drink it? Can I drink coffee instead?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 6:38 AM
snapnhiss wrote:Jeez you guys. If someone wrote "drink water to rehydrate" there would be hundreds of posts asking for clarification. What kind of water? Does it matter what color glass I drink it from? What time of day should I drink it? Can I drink coffee instead?

Here, have a coffee and sit a while

judithg315
Herring
Herring
371 Posts

[Post New]by judithg315 on May 1, 11 6:45 AM
Do you go to Big Fish website by means of your Internet browser or from the game manager? I always go to BF from the game manager.
I always have a banner at the top of the game home page if there are any specials or promotions for members.
Would that make a difference why some get things on the main game page and some don’t?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:47 AM
Does anyone else find it amusing that along with the Shiver SE game posted as Today's New Release, there is also a strategy guide that you can buy?

Now wouldn't your smart gamer just go ahead and buy the CE that comes with an SG AND has bonus play too?? I mean this would cost the exact same price.

They apparently think we are morons... LOL

Edited on 05/01/2011 at 6:50:50 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 6:52 AM
judithg315 wrote:Do you go to Big Fish website by means of your Internet browser or from the game manager? I always go to BF from the game manager.
I always have a banner at the top of the game home page if there are any specials or promotions for members.
Would that make a difference why some get things on the main game page and some don’t?

Welcome to the forums judithg!!

It appears that the people who aren't seeing that banner are overseas. I don't know why but this seems to be the situation.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on May 1, 11 7:12 AM
puzzledone wrote:I saw that banner for the May free game with 2 SEs or 1 CE and clicked Learn More to see if it was for members only or anyone else. I though oh oh, that is replacing 6 punches maybe? Or, how does it work along with our usual cards, one extra card? On the next page it doesn't answer those questions but at the bottom of the text, scroll down it says More Info. Click that and I get a page (still BF) My Stuff on left side, Purchase History etc. But body of page says Permission Denied. Looks like a Help page. Under that it says This answer is no longer available.

Bottom left is topic Promotions, click and this May thing isn't listed.

I have a sneaking feeling this is an error, it doesn't make sense to me. There is no promo code to use for one free game with a CE. Won't be the first time someone was asleep on the switch on a weekend or new month.

Confused wording on the Learn more Offer Details says by11.59pm PST ON May 31st and receive coupon. I could read that to mean buy your game(s) ON that date, not during the month?

They don't call me Puzzled for nothin. But I'm not choosing my CE yet, messing up my punch card strategy again

Anyone?? Can you get a detail page from More Information? Me thinks this is open no non members if it isn't available to link to for me.

Confusing....Here is what I found:
Offer Details:
Buy any 1 Collector's Edition or 2 standard version games by 11:59pm PST on May 31st and receive a coupon code good for 1 free standard version game from Big Fish Games. Free game coupons will be delivered by email during the first week in June. Limit 1 free game per customer. More information

I guess by "buy" that means we can't use coupons. It now says "buy BY .....May 31st" and get coupon code in June (there is a picture of the "coupon"), but - as you mentioned - the link for more info has no further information! I'll be buying a CE today, so will look for more info then.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 1, 11 7:21 AM
tj1147 wrote:
I guess by "buy" that means we can't use coupons. It now says "buy BY .....May 31st" and get coupon code in June (there is a picture of the "coupon"), but - as you mentioned - the link for more info has no further information! I'll be buying a CE today, so will look for more info then.

I think you will probably be able to purchase the SE games using punch card coupons or game credits and still get the free game coupon. Let us know what you find out when you buy, okay?

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on May 1, 11 8:10 AM
Oh puzzledone, ROTFL you've had me in stitches upon reading your posts! Glad I finished my before reading!!!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 1, 11 8:53 AM
I have felix in the tulips in upper right corner of the home page. Also got the popup last night as I checked the new game.

My question, do you have to play the first Mystery Chronicles to keep up with the 2nd? Is the first one worth trying/getting? Didn't seem to have as good of reviews and I haven't downloaded to see if I had tried it last year or not.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 1, 11 9:17 AM
No, the stories are not related so you don't need to have both.

I picked up Mystery Chronicles - Murder Among Friends as a DD and I enjoyed it. Not sure that I would have paid more for it, though.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on May 1, 11 9:41 AM
I know that we are all different and like different games. BUT in my very humble opinion this is well worth the Took me about 5 hours

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on May 1, 11 9:41 AM
Thansk Spock. I'll just download this one then.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 1, 11 11:23 AM
bradalex wrote:I noticed that today's dd is little noir stories -the case of the missing girl. Does anybody know if this means its been fixed as I have had it from the beginning and never been able to finish it as it kept freezing up, even though I deleted and re- downloaded several times. Does any one remember seeing an update on this. If so I will re-download and try again. It was so frustrating not to know how the story ended!

I have this game also and cant play it

Go to: